Trade offer received to get Dez....

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Trade offer received to get Dez....

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 am

knotts4372 wrote:the fact you are so confident that others are actually going to take the players in the rookie draft where you said they are pre determined to is pretty laughable imo. idk if maybe your league has some rule stating they must do this or that if they said they would but whats stopping them from not doing it? if cooper falls to 1.4 then the league isnt even worth the time imo.

i would say do the trade only if all that you said with cooper being there for you at 1.4 actually happens but i doubt it really will. cause if you do this deal and trade 1.2 and someone changes up what they said and gurley/cooper are both gone and you have to take white then i think its a loss for you.
I think its hilarious how i can say what i know for a fact is going to happen because i traded the first pick to the guy that had 2, 3, and 4 for picks 2 and 4 and the caveat was that gordon and white go 1 and 3. I mean why cant you all just answer the question that i asked rather than question my question. I mean for god's sake i would have asked my wife this question if i knew i was gonna have to explain myself this much. The trade is what i said it is. HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND???????
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Stevenson, D. Harris
WR - J. Jefferson, DK, G. Wilson, C. Olave
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
RB - Saquon, JK Dobbins, 1.01(Bijan), C. Patterson
WR - AJBrown, J. Waddle, G. Wilson, C. Kirk
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

Team 3 - 12 Team 22 man rosters PPR/BIG PLAY BONUS TD’s, RB & TE Premium
QB - J. Herbert
RB - J. Taylor, E. Elliott, D. Henry
WR - C. Kupp, J. Jefferson, Deebo, Amon Ra
TE - T. Kelce, I. Smith Jr.
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 am

Thanks to those that actually READ and answered MY question and not telling me how my league's draft should go.
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:54 am

Iamwebb223 wrote:
HawkeyeState wrote:Give me Hilton, Watkins, Gurley/Cooper at 1.02 and White/Parker/Melvin at 1.05
My rookie board is Gurley Cooper White Melvin Parker
I would rather have Hilton, Watkins, Cooper, Parker (if they were drafted in order of my rookie board) over Dez, Abdullah (who is not my 9th ranked player he's more like 12 or a little further down even) and Joique Bell. Sorry but Lions backfield isn't enticing to me at all right now. So with that mindset its Dez for those 4 premium pieces.
If I had Dez this is the return I would want to get, if I'm getting Dez I wouldn't want to pony up that many young assets

Ok well i already said that its gurley at 1.02. No idea where parker and cooper going to him came from. The deal is what i said it was. Thanks for your thoughts but your rookie draft board has nothing to do with my question. Cooper is going to me at 4 and that pick isnt involved in this deal.
Using my rookie board you can actually get a lot of good info but instead you just want to get all pissy about it.
Hilton, Watkins, Gurley for Dez, Joique, Abdullah.
Easily Watkins, Gurley side because Gurley is my number 1 overall player in the class
Also in the original post I did mis-read and thought your 2.05 was 1.05 my bad there.

But I guess the point we are all making is this, you seem to be so sure that the draft picks will be what you say they are.
What's stopping another owner for making a draft day trade for the picks you don't have and taking the players you want?
What's stopping the other owner who has the picks now from just taking whoever he wants regardless of what he told you or what you think?
To write out your leagues rookie draft in pen right now is just dumb until it happens. Hell, I had 1.01 + 1.02 and was set on taking Gurley and Cooper. Draft day comes and a guy sends me a haul including Gronk for my 1.01 and he takes Melvin freaking Gordon. You just never know and to get so defensive about what you CLAIM to know FOR SURE is just petty.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:15 am

knotts4372 wrote:the fact you are so confident that others are actually going to take the players in the rookie draft where you said they are pre determined to is pretty laughable imo. idk if maybe your league has some rule stating they must do this or that if they said they would but whats stopping them from not doing it? if cooper falls to 1.4 then the league isnt even worth the time imo.

i would say do the trade only if all that you said with cooper being there for you at 1.4 actually happens but i doubt it really will. cause if you do this deal and trade 1.2 and someone changes up what they said and gurley/cooper are both gone and you have to take white then i think its a loss for you.
There is also the strong possibility that if Cooper is still there at the 1.03, that the guy who owns the 1.03 gets a slew of offers from guys willing to pay handsomely to move up to 1.03 and grab Cooper,and sniping you...I would not be sure you can get anybody unless you own the 1.01....
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 am

HawkeyeState wrote:
Iamwebb223 wrote:
HawkeyeState wrote:Give me Hilton, Watkins, Gurley/Cooper at 1.02 and White/Parker/Melvin at 1.05
My rookie board is Gurley Cooper White Melvin Parker
I would rather have Hilton, Watkins, Cooper, Parker (if they were drafted in order of my rookie board) over Dez, Abdullah (who is not my 9th ranked player he's more like 12 or a little further down even) and Joique Bell. Sorry but Lions backfield isn't enticing to me at all right now. So with that mindset its Dez for those 4 premium pieces.
If I had Dez this is the return I would want to get, if I'm getting Dez I wouldn't want to pony up that many young assets

Ok well i already said that its gurley at 1.02. No idea where parker and cooper going to him came from. The deal is what i said it was. Thanks for your thoughts but your rookie draft board has nothing to do with my question. Cooper is going to me at 4 and that pick isnt involved in this deal.
Using my rookie board you can actually get a lot of good info but instead you just want to get all pissy about it.
Hilton, Watkins, Gurley for Dez, Joique, Abdullah.
Easily Watkins, Gurley side because Gurley is my number 1 overall player in the class
Also in the original post I did mis-read and thought your 2.05 was 1.05 my bad there.

But I guess the point we are all making is this, you seem to be so sure that the draft picks will be what you say they are.
What's stopping another owner for making a draft day trade for the picks you don't have and taking the players you want?
What's stopping the other owner who has the picks now from just taking whoever he wants regardless of what he told you or what you think?
To write out your leagues rookie draft in pen right now is just dumb until it happens. Hell, I had 1.01 + 1.02 and was set on taking Gurley and Cooper. Draft day comes and a guy sends me a haul including Gronk for my 1.01 and he takes Melvin freaking Gordon. You just never know and to get so defensive about what you CLAIM to know FOR SURE is just petty.
Because part of our trade included the fact that if those picks are traded, those exact same players had to be taken at those picks. Why can't you all just answer the question that was presented instead of trying to input what you think SHOULD or COULD happen. It's pretty easy, just answer the question presented instead of saying what YOUR DRAFT BOARD should be....lol. Are you Mel Kiper Jr.??? Who cares what your draft board is. Has absolutely nothing to do with my question.
QB - J. Hurts
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

daz49ers
Starter
Starter

Postby daz49ers » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:21 am

jojo5151 wrote:X2 your getting fleeced. Dez isn't that great IMO
Dez isn't that great????? This is a joke right???? Possibly the best dynasty asset if not top 3 with Julio and Gronk, can't take that comment seriously

Personally it's a fair deal, I love Watkins not massive on Hilton this would take a lot of thought
Bands & Booze, Brains Of Deliah - http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0008

Ultimate Pigskin Classic, Yo'da Man - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0012

DC vs Marvel, The Joker - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0001

X-Men Vs. Avengers Superflex, Deadpool - http://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0005

A League Of Thrones (Start up auction in July) Khaleesi, Mother Of Dragons http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0003

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:39 am

Quote Iamwebb223 "Because part of our trade included the fact that if those picks are traded, those exact same players had to be taken at those picks. Why can't you all just answer the question that was presented instead of trying to input what you think SHOULD or COULD happen. It's pretty easy, just answer the question presented instead of saying what YOUR DRAFT BOARD should be....lol. Are you Mel Kiper Jr.??? Who cares what your draft board is. Has absolutely nothing to do with my question."

Lol unless there is some bylaw holding him to the players at those picks I don't see how that owner HAS to do anything. Thanks for being an asshole though :)
Team 1
Newton, Rivers
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram

Team 2
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
Carr, Goff, Falk
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am

HawkeyeState wrote:Quote Iamwebb223 "Because part of our trade included the fact that if those picks are traded, those exact same players had to be taken at those picks. Why can't you all just answer the question that was presented instead of trying to input what you think SHOULD or COULD happen. It's pretty easy, just answer the question presented instead of saying what YOUR DRAFT BOARD should be....lol. Are you Mel Kiper Jr.??? Who cares what your draft board is. Has absolutely nothing to do with my question."

Lol unless there is some bylaw holding him to the players at those picks I don't see how that owner HAS to do anything. Thanks for being an asshole though :)
You must not have any friends or know what it's like to be able to trust someone. You are welcome! :biggrin:
QB - J. Hurts
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 am

daz49ers wrote:
jojo5151 wrote:X2 your getting fleeced. Dez isn't that great IMO
Dez isn't that great????? This is a joke right???? Possibly the best dynasty asset if not top 3 with Julio and Gronk, can't take that comment seriously

Personally it's a fair deal, I love Watkins not massive on Hilton this would take a lot of thought
Thanks for your input to the question presented. You are right, it is taking a lot of thought.
QB - J. Hurts
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

QB - J. Herbert
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:12 am

This guy here...he comes in and asks a question on a discussion board and goes postal when others try to discuss it with him.

It doesn't sound like much of a fun rookie draft if all of these "trades" have stipulations on who an owner must draft. Out of curiosity, the stipulations...did they say that "player x" must be drafted at "draft pick y"? Or did they say that "team z" must draft "player x" with "pick y"? Was curious since an owner has no obligation to follow a stipulation from a previous trade that he was not involved in.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:17 am

[quote="slaughterrt"]This guy here...he comes in and asks a question on a discussion board and goes postal when others try to discuss it with him. [quote]

:clap:
Team 1
Newton, Rivers
Gronk, HHenry, Engram

Team 2
Wilson, Big Ben
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews

Team 3
Carr, Goff, Falk
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:47 am

In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

brokenbrick
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby brokenbrick » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:54 pm

I am going to stick to the question and not comment on "coulda" "woulda" "shoulda" Sure, Dez may be a top 5 fantasy asset but he is one player and you would be essentially trading away two top 20 WR's with upside for one +Bell and Abdullah - two RB's who are outside of the top 20. I would keep Hilton and Watkins and use your 1.02 pick to get Gurley since it sounds like that is a sure thing. Abdullah and Bell combined will never be Todd Gurley. Not that they don't have value but I would feel better about a roster that had Hilton, Watkins, and Gurley than Dez, Abdullah, and Bell. That's a no brainer to me.
Portland Trailblazers (10 team, PPR)
QB: Mahomes, Prescott
RB: DJ, RoJo, Taylor
WR: Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, JuJu, DK, AJ Brown, Jeudy
TE: Evan Engram, Irv Smith, Ian Thomas
IDP: CJ Mosley, Harrison Smith, Christian Kirksey, Jaylon Smith