The 2010 Olympics

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

The 2010 Olympics

Postby Phish Brigade » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 pm

I felt like I was starting to hi-jack the Nascar thread with the curling conversation... so I've dedicated a thread to the winter olympics. Believe it or not, curling was the sport that was being discussed. :lol:

I'm just happy to see Canada is winning a few medals.

FYI - the Asians are going to take over speed skating. Korea, China, Japan... long track, short track... they're freeking fast!
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Canada just added another gold medal. I'm pleasantly surprised with how things are going right now. While we probably won't catch our "friends from the south"... we'll narrow the gap once the hockey and curling medals are handed out. ;)

Not many fans of the winter Olympics huh? I'm kinda surprised that I was the first one to create a topic, almost one week into the games.
GDF3
K- Cundiff, Novak

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I've been watching what I can, so far seen some of the snowboarding, downhill skiing and speed skating. I'd like to follow a few of the skeleton and bobsleigh people, but may have missed that already! I expect the curling will get a lot more coverage here if the local teams do well, which bodes well for me being able to watch it. Generally I love both the winter and summer olympics, although there's a bit of a backlash here about 2012 so I keep mainly quiet :lol:

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

MonkeyOne wrote:I've been watching what I can, so far seen some of the snowboarding, downhill skiing and speed skating. I'd like to follow a few of the skeleton and bobsleigh people, but may have missed that already! I expect the curling will get a lot more coverage here if the local teams do well, which bodes well for me being able to watch it. Generally I love both the winter and summer olympics, although there's a bit of a backlash here about 2012 so I keep mainly quiet :lol:
Actually, you're just in time. A lot of the sliding events will be happening over the next few days. Thankfully the two man luge events are over. There's just something about that sport that just gives me the heebie jeebies. :lol:

I really like the snowboarding events. The half pipe and the snowboard cross events are totally radical dude! :lol: Seriously though, Shaun White is retarded... in a good way.
GDF3
K- Cundiff, Novak

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Honestly, I was excited to watch the olympics, but since NBC... I'm sorry Comcast screwed it up by continuing to be TV Nazi's, I lost interest quickly and haven't watched anything.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm

I been catchin a lil bit when I can.. things are kind of hectic and some things really taking priority over everything lately.

That Shaun snowboarder guy is iNSANE.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Salty Dawg wrote:I been catchin a lil bit when I can.. things are kind of hectic and some things really taking priority over everything lately.

That Shaun snowboarder guy is iNSANE.
Agree...Shaun White is a freak. It is like watching Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan play...he is just so much better than his competition.