My COMPLETED orphan rebuild journal....

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

My COMPLETED orphan rebuild journal....

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:10 am

This is a summary of entire journal: Read on for more details

Gave McCoy for Leveon Bell, Carlos Hyde, Marquis Lee, mid 3, early 4(mine)- I originally asked for Bell, Hyde and a 1st, and this was counter. Giddyup! This win makes up for the Gronk loss later. At least thats what I tell myself to feel better.
Gave Cutler, Asiata (WW), Tom Savage, Jordy for Logan Thomas, DT,Marquess Wilson. Thought I won this one. I wanted Wilson to stash and had an SUV full of QB's on my roster. I liked Logan Thomas as a project, but actually just dropped him for Alex Smith mid April. Totally missed him on WW and surprised he was there. Yeah he sucks, but perfect bye-week fill in or trade.
Gave Dwyer, Caldwell, Welker, Gronk, 3rd I got in McCoy deal for Bryce Brown, Forsett( flip), Bernard Pierce, Djax(flip), Vernon Davis(flip)- This hurts to read. As a Pats fan I must've bought into the radio shows and crap about Gronk never returning to form and reading it online while overseas. Now that I look at it after flips of players, it turned into: (other than giving Gronk, pretty sure Dwyer, Caldwell, Welker are on WW)
Gronk, 3rd for Brown,Tavon, 1.09, Rudolph.UGHHHH, even if I sugar coat what Pierce brought in package to eventually get me Matt Ryan, I'm truly embaressed to post this one. This is why I never own Patriots players in any fantasy format. No really, in 8 years of fantasy this is the first time I ever owned Brady (who I got solely for a flip), Gronk, Edelman,Vereen, Welker, and hell even Blount( all 5 I inherited). 
Gave Foles, Vereen, DT for Dalton, Christine Michael, Markus Wheaton, Eric Ebron, 3 1sts ( 1 is mine should be 1.1, mid, late)-
*I know everyone is gonna jump on me for that one, but I saw Foles and Dalton pretty even. As far as dynasty goes Michael>Vereen, and the rest looked like 4 1sts(Ebron as a 1st), Wheaton, plus the diff on Michael and Vereen(count that as group as a 2nd?), for DT which seems pretty close to me. WIth DT being 28 next year, and Manning leaving soon I felt like my window with him wouldve closed before I could make a run. Edit* Looking back on this one and what the other pieces got me on a flip, I think I'd still do it. I got my pick back that previous owner traded away, the 1.01, which I trade away later on.
Gave Flacco, Edelman for Bortles, Latimer- No brainer for my team. I am or was high on Bortles, jury is still out. Both teams benefitted from this deal, fair.
Gave Djax, Andre Williams for Torrey Smith, Taliafarro(completed BAL backfield) I believe this was with Buckeyenation. Torrey ended up getting me a 1st, I like Andre a good amount, but would do this again. I also for some reason never want to own DJAX, like ever. 
Gave Vernon and a 2nd for Rudolph and 2nd (mine)- This trade got me my pick back, and gave his back. I moved 3-4 spots up. This was after Rudolph went down again. Huge score in my eyes, as i'm a believer/sucker for Rudolph and not of Vernon. That 2nd I got back actually netted me a 2016 1st. All part of the rebuild plan.
Gave Forsett for AP- Instant accept when it came. AP doesnt fit my plans but as long as he plays next year, this is a great flip potential.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Gave Dalton,Pierce, Tali, 4th for Brady, Mallett, 2nd owner had no QB for bye week, totally took advantage. That week Dalton put up NEGATIVE points. He's one of my best friends, so felt even better. Wasn't a believer in BAL backfield, just thought it would be better return on trading them if I had the whole group. I was right.
Gave AP for Tavon Austin and a 2nd- I'm actually ok with this, didn't want to be left holding a bag of rocks and used the 2nd for later trade I love. This was with best friend also, so kinda negates raping him with Dalton although at the time, I thought I got a good deal. Now that AP is going for 1sts...damnt.
Gave Cecil Shorts for 3rd- Might as well, he's older, and was buried in JAX WR corps. However I like him alot more than most this year.
Gave Brady, 2nd for Matt Ryan- Solidifies my QB situation for rebuild, I sold Brady just before he came back to earth after he threw like 30 td's in 7 weeks. I feel like I paid a 2nd for 8 more years of Brady like production.
Gave Torrey Smith for 1st( ended up being 1.09) Trade deadline move, although he didn't win it all, I thought it was fair and Torrey wasn't a part of my long term plan.

OFFSEASON 

Gave 1.09,1.11 for 1.05- I saw more WR's creeping into the top 6 than RB's and wanted to make a move. Glad I did it then, don't think you could do it now. I know I wouldn't.
Gave 2.03 for 2016 1st (mid-late) I was all about stockpiling 1sts. I dont own a 3rd of 4th until 2017. I had so many players I wanted this year, that I just said to hell with it and started making cuts. I wanna say I had at one point 10 picks in this draft. 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths. Kinda wish I had another 2nd now in the middle of round, but not more than a 2016 1st.
Gave Wheaton, 2016 3rd,4th for 2016 1st(mid-late). This was with best friend again. I think he's made the curve of being a redraftish dynasty owner to dynasty owner since then. Don't think he would do it now. It's not that he's new to dynasty, but he's very willing to trade and can do it out of boredom. Didn't look much past this year let alone next, but a very good talent evaluator. Emailing back and forth this offseason, I'm convinced he's no longer that way.
Gave Leveon Bell for Nuk and 2016 1st (mid-late)- This was agony. I was practically begging to trade away Bell in my league for 8 weeks. I'm at least 2 years away at this point and just wanted to sell #1RB high and go for young WR's, but was pretty happy this ended up happening.
Gave Blount for 3.08- Sure why not. I think he'll honestly surprise people this year with production. But he's old, I need picks, and he's a Patriot, gotta go.
Gave 2016 1st(late) 3.08,3.09 for 2016(mid) and 2.09- No idea where this came from, but immediately accepted. I think owner was trying to get his 2016 pick back to not have to pay dues next year right now.
Gave 1.01 for 1.03, Michael Floyd- Very happy about this one. Could tell owner was low on Floyd, and regardless if you are, I still think I got a big return. And I still think I'm gonna get who I wanted at 1.01 anyways. SCORE!

TRADE WHORE.

Kicking myself for giving up on Gronk, and I'm a Pats fan, but oh well.

Week 1 roster 2014: 
QB: Foles, Cutler,Flacco, McCown, Tom Savage, Vick- I have no clue what the previous owner plan was, this is a 1QB league.
RB: McCoy, Vereen, Blount, Dwyer, Asiata, Cadet, Ronnie Williams, Andre Williams
WR: Jordy, Edelman, Cotchery, Shorts, Welker
TE: Gronk, Mercedes, Vance Mcdonald
Zero picks

I'll be a tweener for life if I don't dump this roster. There's talent, but not enough. I'm in no rush, as I'm years away to rebuild. Made a plan to focus on WR's, but overall value was the goal. Plan on hits and misses. But it happened in bunches. It seemed like this league forgot about trading until one happened. Then it was like moths to a flame, I got bombarded. Then radio silence for weeks/months. Weird.

April 23 2015
QB: Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Blake Bortles, Ryan Mallett- Rather hypocritical of me of the previous owner, but hoping to flip 1 or 2 of them in season
RB: Hyde, Michael, Brown, Archer, Grimes- Even though I'm a season or 2 away, I was crying in my beer when Lynch reupped AND McCoy jumped in front of Brown...again. Michael I more expected to be stuck, but I was blindsided by McCoy deal, I'm on of the few remaining that believe(d) in Brown.
WR: Hopkins, Floyd, Lee, Latimer, Wilson, Huff, Austin, Aiken, Butler, Da'rick, Tyms, Stephen Hill, Hartline, Louis Murphy, Coleman
This area was my #1 priority, and although I may or not have a #1 WR depending on who you ask, I like the potential alot. The Nuk and Floyd trade really saved my bleep. I thought I was going to have to go WR every pick this year because it was that bad. Spare me the draft for talent argument, that doesn't always work unless in a super active league IMO, which this one isn't.
TE: Ebron, Rudolph, Housler- This kinda of developed on it's own, and like it alot. If you don't have Gronk (sigh) or Graham you're pretty much in a large group of TE's that could be #3 any given week, I like my chances and feel confident I have 2 if not 3 top 12 options here.

5 players will be cut for draft room. You can vote here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92436

Picks
1.03,1.05,1.07,2.01,2.09-Excited to draft, have the picks pretty much mapped out barring an unreal offer or surprise slide/rise. Might consider moving 2016 picks into 2015 if price is right, I'm fully admitting I'm a trade whore, but I know I'll be more than 1 player away from making a run after this draft, so I wont be overpaying. My rankings are definitely not the consensus by any means. Not sure if that is gonna work out good or bad for me. Will update after draft May 4th.

2016- 4 1sts, 1 2nd- This was easier than expected, and anyone else in their first rebuild or a rebuild in general I'm going to highly suggest this. Go for picks TWO years away. It's so much cheaper and easier to get. If you're truly committing to rebuild( honestly, this is my worst team, and has been the most entertaining by far) you're more than a year away, so why not? I got 2 2016 1sts with Torrey and the 2.03 well before this draft( Torrey was at trade deadline, 2.03 was in February I think from new owner joining league) . You're barely sniffing ONE late 2015 1st right now for Torrey and 2.03. The other 2016 pick besides my own was fair and earned with Bell for Nuk trade. You're going on a limb that league will survive long enough to use it, but our commish is pretty good, friendly, open dialogue with him frequently and decent to deal with, I think we're good.

I started this rebuild with the sole purpose of fun to occupy time. I deployed to Afghanistan before season started, and still here. THANK GOD for this team or I would have completely lost my mind of boredom over here. You can only workout so many hours a day. I've watched enough tape, combine, and spent on DLF to be considered a stalker. I'll be updating this more here instead of notes for your entertainment. I'll share draft results, rankings, and thought process of who I took or was gonna take next time.

I own the 2016 1st of the owner who was the 1.07. Either way, I expect him to be playoff team 1.08-1.10 range. ( deal that I sent L.Bell for Hopkins and 1st). Traded that 2016 1st for Mark Ingram. 

So: Leveon Bell for Deandre Hopkins/Mark Ingram.

I'm happy with the picks, but wished I had one more late 1st this year to grab a RB2 quality player. This easily satisfies that. Ingram is 25, but it's clear NO is shifting gears and I expect alot out of him. My roster is really starting to look like it might make some noise if these picks work out, or at least ruin some playoff hopes during the season. Still own 3 1sts, 1 2nd in 2016. I really like my overall depth as I don't see a glaring hole at any position. Need to decipher if a couple WR's are worth keeping or belong on the WW, hopefully trade bait.

Cmike and 2016 2nd (mid-late) for Kendall Wright
Gave Tavon Austin, Kamar Aiken for Gavin Escobar 2016 2nd (mine)

Traded my 1st and Marcus Murphy for Dion Lewis and an early 3rd.

Looking at my upcoming schedule and division, I actually think I can make the playoffs. This is without anything from Agholor, White, Parker, Cobb, Ajayi. I still like Lewis for the future anyways so it wasnt a title run move. The 2 1sts I have are from 2-5 teams, and still have my 2nd.

Gave Matt Ryan, top 5 2016 1st, early 3rd for Luck, Blount. 

I can keep Luck and be elite at the position or trade him for a non qb to max roster out. Id be ok playing zero qb with an upgrade at wr/rb. I dont think im that far from being a serious contender, made sense

Traded Jay Ajayi, 2016 2nd (mid) for 2017 1st. 

This is from a team that I own a 2015 1st from and expect a top 3 pick. He has zero picks, no wr's and aging RB's. I expect another top 3 pick in 2017.

Traded Mark Ingram for Eddie Lacy/Karlos Williams

I'm HOPING this is a buy low, but i'd be lying if I said i'm not concerned that Lacy will be all done. I've loved what I've seen from Karlos and think McCoy can/will be cut after 2016.

Traded Blount, Heath Miller for Julius, James Starks.

I was looking for another tight end but nothing materialized, I got Blount for a 3rd and Miller was on waivers. Hoping Julius gets the RZ looks I thought he would, Starks cuffs Lacy from previous deal.

Traded my 2017 2nd (hopefully late) and Alex Smith for Marvin Jones

Hoping he chases $ and leaves Cin, gets WR2 status, wanted to buy now beforehand. 

Traded Brandon Coleman, my 2017 3rd for Kenny Bell

Bell and Hardy are guys I wanted last draft, but didn't have the picks. I was higher on Hardy than Bell a year ago, but have flipped the two since. Was gonna drop Coleman for 1.01 selection anyways.

Traded Bortles,Karlos,Rudolph,Jesse James, my 2017 1st for Dalton, Olsen, 17 1st and 2 scrubs

Can afford to downgrade to Dalton with Luck in roster. His team is going into rebuild, im hoping hes a bottom 4 while im a playoff team. Im high on Karlos, but felt like I couldnt say no to this.

Traded Marquess Wilson and 2017 4th for Forsett

Simply move to hopefully flip, Forsett owner is in rebuild

Traded 2 2017 1sts, both should be top 5 (1.01, 1.04 for argument), Kenny Bell for Alshon and TJ Yeldon. Thought that was too good of value to pass up

Traded 1.01, Agholor, Travis Bejamin for Randall Cobb, AP, 4.07

Traded 4.07, Erik Swoope for Mike Wallace

Traded AP, Kendall Wright for Kelvin Benjamin

Talks came from a hypothetical trade with other owner and someone else. Once it fell through, out of curiosity I threw this out there.

Traded Michael Floyd/Forsett For Josh Gordon/Martavis Bryant

Traded Marquise Lee for Terrell Watson

End of bench swaps, heck with it

I didn't have any picks to start, but had my eye on a couple late rd fliers. I traded all my $100 BB for 3.09, 4.09.

During draft traded both those for 3.04, took Rashard Higgins

Traded Mike Wallace for 4.03, 4.10 (I got him for 4.07 month ago), took Keyarris Garrett.

Tried to move up a couple times after the Wallace trade, Tajae Sharpe didnt get drafted till 4.01, couldn't believe it.

4.10- Had to trade David Cobb for a 2017 4th to make pick, which hurt me. I was probably his biggest cheerleader on DLF...tear. Picked Marshaun Coprich. It was between him and Josh Ferguson, I just saw more 3 down potential.

Traded Rashad Higgins for Frank Gore

wanted to shore up potential weak spot on team, cheap 1 yr option

Traded Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant for Jarvis Landry, Blount, Blue (dropped and picked up Dezmin Lewis)

Don't want to be left stuck holding the bag, and pushing for championship this year. Considering I traded Michael Floyd for Gordon and Bryant, happy with it. Other owner is in complete rebuild, the risk made sense.

Week 1 roster 2014: 
QB: Foles, Cutler,Flacco, McCown, Tom Savage, Vick- I have no clue what the previous owner plan was, this is a 1QB league.
RB: McCoy, Vereen, Blount, Dwyer, Asiata, Cadet, Ronnie Williams, Andre Williams
Zero picks

Week 1 roster 2016:
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton
RB: Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, TJ Yeldon, Frank Gore, James Starks,Terrell Watson, Marshaun Coprich, Peyton Barber, Legarette Blount
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry,Kevin White,Devante Parker, Dezmin Lewis, Tyrell Williams, Keyarris Garrett
TE: Eric Ebron,Greg Olsen,Julius Thomas, Tyler Kroft
D: Denver,Houston

I originally posted this under "What's your net worth in trades this season". I've kept track of transactions, and notes (you'll see why at the end).
***** notes when my post ended on Oct 25th, I just relayed my notes over to it and posted it here.

After reading this I really wanted to see how I did and wrote it down. Very interesting to say the least. I took over an abandoned team. Trading chips to start were McCoy,Jordy,Gronk,Vereen, Edelman. Team had zero picks. Kinda old. like 6 QB's for some reason in a 1qb league. Dropped some bricks and grabbed some waiver lottery tickets. I haven't done a complete rebuild so just wanted to stockpile. I blew it up, wanting to get under age 25 and get some picks. Some of these trades were solely on get the player to flip them. Almost all of these happened either right before week 1 to week 3. I'm clearly the worst team in league right now (just for picks talk sake)

Gave McCoy for Leveon Bell, Carlos Hyde, Marquis Lee, mid 3, early 4(mine)- I originally asked for Bell, Hyde and a 1st, and this was counter. Giddyup! This win makes up for the Gronk loss later. At least thats what I tell myself to feel better.
Gave Cutler, Asiata (WW), Tom Savage, Jordy for Logan Thomas, DT,Marquess Wilson. Thought I won this one. I wanted Wilson to stash and had an SUV full of QB's on my roster. I liked Logan Thomas as a project, but actually just dropped him for Alex Smith mid April. Totally missed him on WW and surprised he was there. Yeah he sucks, but perfect bye-week fill in or trade.
Gave Dwyer, Caldwell, Welker, Gronk, 3rd I got in McCoy deal for Bryce Brown, Forsett( flip), Bernard Pierce, Djax(flip), Vernon Davis(flip)- This hurts to read. As a Pats fan I must've bought into the radio shows and crap about Gronk never returning to form and reading it online while overseas. Now that I look at it after flips of players, it turned into: (other than giving Gronk, pretty sure Dwyer, Caldwell, Welker are on WW)
Gronk, 3rd for Brown,Tavon, 1.09, Rudolph.UGHHHH, even if I sugar coat what Pierce brought in package to eventually get me Matt Ryan, I'm truly embaressed to post this one. This is why I never own Patriots players in any fantasy format. No really, in 8 years of fantasy this is the first time I ever owned Brady (who I got solely for a flip), Gronk, Edelman,Vereen, Welker, and hell even Blount( all 5 I inherited).
Gave Foles, Vereen, DT for Dalton, Christine Michael, Markus Wheaton, Eric Ebron, 3 1sts ( 1 is mine should be 1.1, mid, late)-
*I know everyone is gonna jump on me for that one, but I saw Foles and Dalton pretty even. As far as dynasty goes Michael>Vereen, and the rest looked like 4 1sts(Ebron as a 1st), Wheaton, plus the diff on Michael and Vereen(count that as group as a 2nd?), for DT which seems pretty close to me. WIth DT being 28 next year, and Manning leaving soon I felt like my window with him wouldve closed before I could make a run. Edit* Looking back on this one and what the other pieces got me on a flip, I think I'd still do it. I got my pick back that previous owner traded away, the 1.01, which I trade away later on.
Gave Flacco, Edelman for Bortles, Latimer- No brainer for my team. I am or was high on Bortles, jury is still out. Both teams benefitted from this deal, fair.
Gave Djax, Andre Williams for Torrey Smith, Taliafarro(completed BAL backfield) I believe this was with Buckeyenation. Torrey ended up getting me a 1st, I like Andre a good amount, but would do this again. I also for some reason never want to own DJAX, like ever.
Gave Vernon and a 2nd for Rudolph and 2nd (mine)- This trade got me my pick back, and gave his back. I moved 3-4 spots up. This was after Rudolph went down again. Huge score in my eyes, as i'm a believer/sucker for Rudolph and not of Vernon. That 2nd I got back actually netted me a 2016 1st. All part of the rebuild plan.
Gave Forsett for AP- Instant accept when it came. AP doesnt fit my plans but as long as he plays next year, this is a great flip potential.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Gave Dalton,Pierce, Tali, 4th for Brady, Mallett, 2nd owner had no QB for bye week, totally took advantage. That week Dalton put up NEGATIVE points. He's one of my best friends, so felt even better. Wasn't a believer in BAL backfield, just thought it would be better return on trading them if I had the whole group. I was right.
Gave AP for Tavon Austin and a 2nd- I'm actually ok with this, didn't want to be left holding a bag of rocks and used the 2nd for later trade I love. This was with best friend also, so kinda negates raping him with Dalton although at the time, I thought I got a good deal. Now that AP is going for 1sts...damnt.
Gave Cecil Shorts for 3rd- Might as well, he's older, and was buried in JAX WR corps. However I like him alot more than most this year.
Gave Brady, 2nd for Matt Ryan- Solidifies my QB situation for rebuild, I sold Brady just before he came back to earth after he threw like 30 td's in 7 weeks. I feel like I paid a 2nd for 8 more years of Brady like production.
Gave Torrey Smith for 1st( ended up being 1.09) Trade deadline move, although he didn't win it all, I thought it was fair and Torrey wasn't a part of my long term plan.

OFFSEASON

Gave 1.09,1.11 for 1.05- I saw more WR's creeping into the top 6 than RB's and wanted to make a move. Glad I did it then, don't think you could do it now. I know I wouldn't.
Gave 2.03 for 2016 1st (mid-late) I was all about stockpiling 1sts. I dont own a 3rd of 4th until 2017. I had so many players I wanted this year, that I just said to hell with it and started making cuts. I wanna say I had at one point 10 picks in this draft. 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths. Kinda wish I had another 2nd now in the middle of round, but not more than a 2016 1st.
Gave Wheaton, 2016 3rd,4th for 2016 1st(mid-late). This was with best friend again. I think he's made the curve of being a redraftish dynasty owner to dynasty owner since then. Don't think he would do it now. It's not that he's new to dynasty, but he's very willing to trade and can do it out of boredom. Didn't look much past this year let alone next, but a very good talent evaluator. Emailing back and forth this offseason, I'm convinced he's no longer that way.
Gave Leveon Bell for Nuk and 2016 1st (mid-late)- This was agony. I was practically begging to trade away Bell in my league for 8 weeks. I'm at least 2 years away at this point and just wanted to sell #1RB high and go for young WR's, but was pretty happy this ended up happening.
Gave Blount for 3.08- Sure why not. I think he'll honestly surprise people this year with production. But he's old, I need picks, and he's a Patriot, gotta go.
Gave 2016 1st(late) 3.08,3.09 for 2016(mid) and 2.09- No idea where this came from, but immediately accepted. I think owner was trying to get his 2016 pick back to not have to pay dues next year right now.
Gave 1.01 for 1.03, Michael Floyd- Very happy about this one. Could tell owner was low on Floyd, and regardless if you are, I still think I got a big return. And I still think I'm gonna get who I wanted at 1.01 anyways. SCORE!

TRADE WHORE.

Kicking myself for giving up on Gronk, and I'm a Pats fan, but oh well.

Week 1 roster 2014:
Zero picks

I'll be a tweener for life if I don't dump this roster. There's talent, but not enough. I'm in no rush, as I'm years away to rebuild. Made a plan to focus on WR's, but overall value was the goal. Plan on hits and misses. But it happened in bunches. It seemed like this league forgot about trading until one happened. Then it was like moths to a flame, I got bombarded. Then radio silence for weeks/months. Weird.

April 23 2015
QB: Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Blake Bortles, Ryan Mallett- Rather hypocritical of me of the previous owner, but hoping to flip 1 or 2 of them in season
RB: Hyde, Michael, Brown, Archer, Grimes- Even though I'm a season or 2 away, I was crying in my beer when Lynch reupped AND McCoy jumped in front of Brown...again. Michael I more expected to be stuck, but I was blindsided by McCoy deal, I'm on of the few remaining that believe(d) in Brown.
WR: Hopkins, Floyd, Lee, Latimer, Wilson, Huff, Austin, Aiken, Butler, Da'rick, Tyms, Stephen Hill, Hartline, Louis Murphy, Coleman
This area was my #1 priority, and although I may or not have a #1 WR depending on who you ask, I like the potential alot. The Nuk and Floyd trade really saved my bleep. I thought I was going to have to go WR every pick this year because it was that bad. Spare me the draft for talent argument, that doesn't always work unless in a super active league IMO, which this one isn't.
TE: Ebron, Rudolph, Housler- This kinda of developed on it's own, and like it alot. If you don't have Gronk (sigh) or Graham you're pretty much in a large group of TE's that could be #3 any given week, I like my chances and feel confident I have 2 if not 3 top 12 options here.

5 players will be cut for draft room. You can vote here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92436

Picks
1.03,1.05,1.07,2.01,2.09-Excited to draft, have the picks pretty much mapped out barring an unreal offer or surprise slide/rise. Might consider moving 2016 picks into 2015 if price is right, I'm fully admitting I'm a trade whore, but I know I'll be more than 1 player away from making a run after this draft, so I wont be overpaying. My rankings are definitely not the consensus by any means. Not sure if that is gonna work out good or bad for me. Will update after draft May 4th.

2016- 4 1sts, 1 2nd- This was easier than expected, and anyone else in their first rebuild or a rebuild in general I'm going to highly suggest this. Go for picks TWO years away. It's so much cheaper and easier to get. If you're truly committing to rebuild( honestly, this is my worst team, and has been the most entertaining by far) you're more than a year away, so why not? I got 2 2016 1sts with Torrey and the 2.03 well before this draft( Torrey was at trade deadline, 2.03 was in February I think from new owner joining league) . You're barely sniffing ONE late 2015 1st right now for Torrey and 2.03. The other 2016 pick besides my own was fair and earned with Bell for Nuk trade. You're going on a limb that league will survive long enough to use it, but our commish is pretty good, friendly, open dialogue with him frequently and decent to deal with, I think we're good.

I started this rebuild with the sole purpose of fun to occupy time. I deployed to Afghanistan before season started, and still here. THANK GOD for this team or I would have completely lost my mind of boredom over here. You can only workout so many hours a day. I've watched enough tape, combine, and spent on DLF to be considered a stalker. I'll be updating this more here instead of notes for your entertainment. I'll share draft results, rankings, and thought process of who I took or was gonna take next time.
Last edited by Swampdonkey17 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Re: My orphan rebuild journal during deployment. Fun read.

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:20 am

I fully welcome the usual DLF critics here, bring it!
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,

HonestlySarcastc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby HonestlySarcastc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:15 am

I like a lot of what you did. I was contemplating making a similar type of post myself. Getting a ton of future 1sts is so good. When they come to be the current year, you will have a ton of ammo. Dont feel too bad about gronk. I did a startup last year and watched Gronk and Jordy go into the late 3rds due to injury concerns. What fools we are, but you have enough wins to still end positive

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 am

HonestlySarcastc wrote:I like a lot of what you did. I was contemplating making a similar type of post myself. Getting a ton of future 1sts is so good. When they come to be the current year, you will have a ton of ammo. Dont feel too bad about gronk. I did a startup last year and watched Gronk and Jordy go into the late 3rds due to injury concerns. What fools we are, but you have enough wins to still end positive
Thanks, and yeah I do think overall I came out on top but it stings.

johnyo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby johnyo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:37 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Gave Forsett for AP- Instant accept when it came. AP doesnt fit my plans but as long as he plays next year, this is a great flip potential.
Wish I could have gotten that for my Forsett. I got a 1.13 in via tender in Restricted Free Agency and was pretty happy about it, but I really like AP this upcoming season. Why do you think he might be a 'bag of rocks' though? I feel like his value will only rise over the coming weeks as long as you sold before week 1.
16-Team Salary Cap Dynasty
0.5 PPR (1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 D, 1 K)
100M Salary Cap. Players can be waived for a 25% cap penalty.
Flacco(5) Osweiler(1.25)
McCoy(9) Miller(10) Hyde(3.2) Tipton(0.5) Darkwa(0.5) L James(0.5) D Harris(0.5) S Perry(0.5)
Megatron(18.5) Julio(15) Hopkins(4) Hunter(1.3) Bowe(3.8) Woods(2.2) Wheaton(1.3)
ASJ(1.3) Donnell(0.5) Gresham(2.3) M Gray(0.5) D Harris(0.5)
Browns(0.5)
Parkee(0.5) McManus(0.5)
2015 1.07, 1.09
2016 2nd, 4th
2017 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:58 am

I dont now, I worried about it then. Threat to retire, jail time, banned. I know I sold low. If AP was a luxury piece on my roster, I would've held. But I needed something and move on. So get what I can and no risk, or worry about being left with a bag of rocks (ban) Gordon owners wanna help me out here?

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:12 am

Fun read for sure, Looking for to hearing about your draft
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:37 am

shouldn't you win a championship before you write an autobiographical account of your greatness ? :D

doubt you are vacationing over in olddonkeystan so thank you for your service to our country
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:55 am

I wanted to share the internal conversations I had about this team. Not for you, but because my psych tells me it's part of the 7th step in fantasy addiction.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Re: My orphan rebuild journal during deployment. UPDATE: Dra

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Update: Draft day

So because of time difference, I fricking woke up at 3 am over here. Waited an hour to pick 3rd and said to hell with it, set auto pick for first 3. Came back later.

1.01- Amari Cooper- Nice pick, but he traded me 1.03 and Floyd for 1.01 and would have gotten him anyways. He originally traded into spot to grab Gurley, but changed his mind.
1.02-Todd Gurley- Traded into spot from 1.04 and a couple late 2nds. He's a contender, and like the move. However, after talking to the original 1.02, I think he might have made it to him again anyways.
*1.03-Kevin White- I struggled week before draft of him or Cooper, knew 1 if not both would be there. Then remembered entire scouting process I had him over Cooper and just stuck with it. Very happy
1.04- Melvin Gordon- So the original 1.02 owner got who he targeted anyways, plus 2 2nds. Him and I are in a rebuild, so I kinda question the RB selection but it's definitely BPA by far. Right after this pick he traded KBJ/Spiller for Oliver,CPAT, Reed, Wright...kinda negates his trade back move to me.
*1.05- Devante Parker- This is going as planned, happy I gave the 1.09,1.11 for this spot in early February. Some people don;t like the spot, I love it. Miami offense and Tanny are on the rise, and this is a #1WR selection in the 1st. I didn't buy hype into Stills as #1, and Parker fits Tanny's strengths. Let Still run the deep clear outs.
1.06- DGB- This stung, I wanted him bad enough to consider taking him at 1.05 but figured he was more likely to drop to 1.07 than Parker. Im in a rebuild with tons of picks so I can afford the risk of him. This owner refuses to talk to me and when he does offers such lopsided offers that a counter is pointless. SO moving on.

Edit* the more I thought about it, I'm ok with this. DGB was a mancrush, but on value I feel like I got the better player. Owner FINALLY negotiated with me. I offered 1.07, 2.09 for 1.06, but he didn't answer. So I picked. He came back after saying he would have taken it, but now wants 2.01 also. Call me stubborn, but I can't do it. I hate feeling like im being one-upped every counter so other owner feels like he won. I'd rather be fair and not get my guy than "lose" in a counter war. At least he's talking, so that's a plus.

*1.07- Nelson Agholor- As much as I wanted DGB, Im happy with this one as well. Slides right into Maclin role, poor mans Amari. I think he outscores all rookie WR's this year in ppr. Before NFL draft I was targetting him at 2.01, but no way he would make it to me so I jumped on it. BPA in my books.
1.08- TJ Yeldon- This is owner who got the 1.01 from me. Definitely fills a need at RB, like the pick. I considered him at 1.07, but wanted to focus on WR and like Agholor more
1.09- Ameer Abdullah- This owner LOVES rb's, his best WR is either Dwayne Bowe or Terrance Williams, not joking. He has Charles, Lynch, McCoy however, but damn man! I totally expected Perriman here. Im not crazy about him, but think he's worth the pick.
1.10- Breshad Perriman- BPA to me, this solves a need and immediate production for a contender. Easy pick
1.11- Tevin Coleman- Same owner as 1.06. NFL draft DECIMATED his RBs as he owns Crowell, Freeman, AND Tre Mason. Tried talking to him if he was interested in Hyde for DGB and 1.11, but no go. Overall like the pick in value, don't know if it helps or hurts him having Freeman as he couldve used a starter on another team. He plays his RB roulette right this year, he could win it all with a stacked WR bunch of Evans, Sammy, Hilton, Smith, Moncrief,Hunter. Teddy as QB and Kelce at TE.
1.12- Jaelen Strong- Pre NFL draft, I was gonna take him at 1.07 and would have been my next pick. Would've had him and Nuk on my roster, but im ok with that. Kinda stuck on next pick, put it OTB. It's like 1:30 am back home, so i'll wait it out for offers, consider options, and do some more homework on 2 guys.
*2.01 Jay Ajayi- I get the knee concerns, but more I looked into it, it's a longevity issue, which RB's dont have anyways. I don't like Funchess, Duke, Dorsett, or need QB's, this is BPA. He was considered a top 6-7 pick a month ago and it's not like he's entering the league on IR, he dominated last year. Fills a need as well.
2.02 Devin Funchess- This is same owner as 1.12. Neither of us were estatic with the first 2 picks in 2nd rd with who was left, but like the picks for what it's worth. I wasn't high on him at all ( I don't think he was either), but there's upside, he's rebuilding, makes sense.
2.03 Jameis Winston- Team filled a need, I figured he was going to take him here as he only has Stafford as a starting QB, but STILL has by far the worst WR group I've seen in any league I'm in. He picks 3 more times this round, but I honestly wouldn't put it past him to go RB/RB/TE. I sent an offer for his next at 2.05.
2.04- Phillip Dorsett- BPA and addresses a need for team. Hilton takes off next year, absolute steal. I had him on my radar, but didn't want to have a Davante Adams situation on my hands.
2.05 Maxx Williams...dude still has zero WR's
2.06- Duke Johnson- Great pick, and the owner of Freeman,Crowell grabbed Coleman, Duke. Too easy
2.07- David Cobb- DAMNT. I got sniped again, I tried offering 2.09 and 2016 2nd to the picks ahead of this to grab Cobb and nobody bit. For some reason im all about this guy, really think he'll do well in TEN. RB2 potential.
2.08- David Johnson- Not crazy about him, but reasonable pick.
*2.09- Javorius Allen Traded this pick and 2016 2nd for David Cobb and 3.05. I just had to, I considered Cobb at 2.01 honestly but hoped he would fall or I could move up in 2nd. Happy I made the move. Have 1 guy im after at 3.05, if he's not there I have an offer for 2016 2nd for it so I kinda moved up 2 spots for free if I dont get my guy
2.10- Devin Smith- Another player i'm not crazy about, but has potential and well worth the pick. This is the other rebuilding team in league.
2.11 Marcus Mariota- Owner has Rivers and Romo, great pick.
2.12 Tyler Lockett- Same owner as 2.10, like the pick, even more so for him.
3.01 Tre Mcbride
3.02 Mike Davis
3.03 Matt Jones
3.04 Kenny Bell
*3.05 Well my guy is gone, and I should be moving this pick for 2016 2nd.* Edit Trade complete, dude took Smelter.
Last edited by Swampdonkey17 on Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 am

Updated roster turnover:

Week 1 roster 2014:
Zero picks

Week 1 2015 projected roster *Edited on 06MAY2015

QB: Ryan,Bortles,Smith,Mallett
RB: Hyde, Ingram, Ajayi, Cobb, Michael, Brown
WR: Hopkins, Floyd, White, Parker, Agholor, Lee, Latimer, T.Austin, Butler, S.Hill, M.Harris, Wilson, Huff, Rogers
TE: Ebron, Rudolph, Housler
2016- 3 1sts, 1 2nd
Last edited by Swampdonkey17 on Wed May 06, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Re: My orphan rebuild journal during deployment. Updated w/d

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:03 am

PRETTY sure this post was used against me during draft for intel...I deserve it.

HonestlySarcastc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby HonestlySarcastc » Wed May 06, 2015 4:18 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:PRETTY sure this post was used against me during draft for intel...I deserve it.
It is the price paid to confirm your thoughts and helping others by sharing information. This thread got me to start actually posting.

Edit: still no chris conley pick??

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:28 am

HonestlySarcastc wrote:
Swampdonkey17 wrote:PRETTY sure this post was used against me during draft for intel...I deserve it.
It is the price paid to confirm your thoughts and helping others by sharing information. This thread got me to start actually posting.

Edit: still no chris conley pick??
No, 3.05 wanted Smelter, then Coates went

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Wed May 06, 2015 6:02 am

No way I'm going Ajayi over Dorsett and Funchess. Ajayi was considered a top 6-7 picks by draft outsiders that didn't know his knee was bone on bone. He is one knee problem away from retirement. Dorsett is a first round WR picked by arguably the best passing offense.