Quinton Ganther

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Quinton Ganther

Postby Shawn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Meet Quinton Ganther, the new Redskins Starting RB this week, a favorable matchup against the Raiders as well!

From Rotoworld:

Coach Jim Zorn announced Wednesday that Quinton Ganther has taken over as the Redskins' starting tailback.

Rock Cartwright will go back to returning kicks. Ganther has a highly favorable Week 14 matchup at Oakland and can be used as a flex, but there's nothing to see here long term. The former seventh-round pick and sometimes-fullback has just 28 career carries in four seasons as a pro. While Ganther needs to be grabbed in all fantasy leagues as the starter for a suddenly explosive Skins offense, he won't solve the club's long-term tailback problem
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Quinton Ganther

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Shawn wrote:Meet Quinton Ganther, the new Redskins Starting RB this week, a favorable matchup against the Raiders as well!

From Rotoworld:

Coach Jim Zorn announced Wednesday that Quinton Ganther has taken over as the Redskins' starting tailback.

Rock Cartwright will go back to returning kicks. Ganther has a highly favorable Week 14 matchup at Oakland and can be used as a flex, but there's nothing to see here long term. The former seventh-round pick and sometimes-fullback has just 28 career carries in four seasons as a pro. While Ganther needs to be grabbed in all fantasy leagues as the starter for a suddenly explosive Skins offense, he won't solve the club's long-term tailback problem
Nice to meet you Mr. Ganther... :D

Entropy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Quinton Ganther

Postby Entropy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 am

Shawn wrote:Meet Quinton Ganther, the new Redskins Starting RB this week, a favorable matchup against the Raiders as well!

From Rotoworld:

Crap. That means demoting Devin Thomas from the job then I suppose. That's depressing because one of the most positive things about Rock joining the offensive lineup is that Zorn was forced to actually put someone with speed at KR. Zorn seems peculiarly reluctant to let people who can actually return kicks and punts for positive yardage do the job. We've been stuck with Rock and Randle El who each get as little out of every return as humanly possible. Thomas has consistently made at least one man miss every return. He hasn't ben devin Hester or anything, but then the Redskin special teams don't block very well, so even Thomas's modest improvements are significant.
--Entropy ===GO SKINS===
10-team .25PPR league 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 11 BN, 1 IR
QB: Rodgers(Gb), Ryan(Atl)
RB: Martin(Tb), Lynch(Sea), Spiller(Buf), Miller (Mia), Ingram(NO), Hyde (SF)
WR: Cobb(Gb), Crabtree(Sf), Bowe (Kc), Hartline(Mia), Shorts(Jac), Gordon(Cle), Jeffery(Chi), Hunter(Ten), Quick(StL)
TE: Eifert(Cin), Kelce(KC), Fleener(Ind), Amaro(NyJ)
K: varies
DEF: Arizona