interest in luck/beckham

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

which side would you rather have

Luck & Beckham
69%
Green, cooks, & hyde
31%

Total votes: 32

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

interest in luck/beckham

Postby sloth8u » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 am

I've had an owner interested in acquiring luck and Beckham. I feel he's been lowballing me. I'm thinking about offering the pair for aj green, cooks, and Hyde. How far off am I?

CameronsCastle
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: interest in luck/beckham

Postby CameronsCastle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am

Not sure the type of league, number of teams etc
Legends League est. 2015 (16 team, 20 player rosters, QB/RBRB/WRWRWR/TE/Flex)
QB - Palmer, Smith, Bradford
RB - Gio, Shady, Forsett, Vereen, Draugn, Dunbar, Karlos, Gillislee
WR - Allen, Cobb, Decker, Coates, Wright, Stevie Johnson, Philly Brown, Givens, Kearse, Moore, Enunwa
TE - Reed, Allen, VD

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:32 am

I think adding Hyde might be a little much for some but I don't think too much of Hyde so I think it is pretty even.
I think Green/Cooks > Luck/Beckam
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:23 am

maxhyde wrote:I think adding Hyde might be a little much for some but I don't think too much of Hyde so I think it is pretty even.
I think Green/Cooks > Luck/Beckam
I noticed you felt that way, when he and I were trying to hatch out a deal a week or two ago. I'm interested in your take on this. Do you feel Beckham is in store for a big drop off? Do you feel giving an elite qb is worth risking on a single prospect? I feel luck is the surest thing in this deal. My opponent likes to bring up ADP, I'm more about player value, so we are having a tough time getting anything worked out.

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartyOn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:28 am

I think if you are going to give up Luck and Beckham in a trade, then you should be absolutely blown away by an offer. Those 2 players alone could carry a fantasy team from week to week. I'd be looking into putting players around them.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:36 am

Green side for me rather easily. By all means sell high on OBJ.

Odell Beckham Senior
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Odell Beckham Senior » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:10 am

I'm surprised to see the poll so even at this point (6-7) If i was getting luck and Beckham for that I'd be thrilled. Hyde should be replaced by a player that doesn't carry so much unknown. Also do you have a serviceable replacement at QB?
It's basically: Green straight up for Beckham and 2 Mid firsts for luck not enough IMO
Green = Beckham
Cooks/Hyde < Luck

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Luck and ODB are core players that you should build around. I'd hold fast unless you get some ridiculous offer.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:37 pm

So i am the other owner involved in this.

This is a 12 tm PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 flex. With the ability to start 4 WR's in a PPR, WRs in general hold a higher value. Also with it being a 12 tm league, I am of the opinion that QB's (even elite ones) are devalued

Sloth and I have been going back and forth on this for a few weeks now. He put Luck & Beckham on the block and I made him an offer involving Calvin. He then told me that he was more interested in AJ Green, so we started discussing a deal involving Green. Sloth originally indicated that he would need Green/Cooks/Tannehill for Luck/Beckham and I thought the price was too high. He also admitted that he prefers Green to Beckham and felt that Beckham/2nd = Green. I still valued Green slightly higher than this, due to the uncertainty of Beckham going forward, and I thought Green/Cooks for Luck/Beckham was fair, especially considering his valuation of Beckham vs Green.

I posted this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=84578&p=714634#p714634 and the consensus based on the voting was that Green/Cooks might be a little light for Luck/Beckham but the comments seemed to indicate the deal was close

After some more thought (and some beers), I gave in and offered what he was asking, Green/Cooks/Tannehill. Now it appears he is looking for Hyde vs Tannehill, in addition to Green/Cooks (which is too much for me)

Based on Sloth's valuation of Green (Beckham + 2nd), I am essentially offering him Cooks/Tannehill/2nd for Luck

What I find funny is the vote on Green/Cooks for Luck/Beckham was 65%/ 35% (see thread attached), but now somehow w/ Hyde added (easily worth a mid 1st), the vote somehow again comes out at 65%/ 35%. So according to this forum, adding Hyde (mid 1st) to this deal, doesnt change it in anyway. Anyone else find that odd ???
----------------------
Full disclosure here:

My team (after trading P. Manning for Hyde once I was knocked out of the playoffs)

QB- Tannehill, Foles, Flaaco
RB- Morris, Mathews, Hyde, Oliver, A Williams
WR- AJG, Calvin, Cooks, Djax, Harvin, Ch Johnson
TE- Graham

With a year in/out contender like this and the fact that I could easily acquire a QB like Romo/Rivers/Brady/Manning in the offseason for next to nothing or simply role w/ Tannehill (who was a top 5 QB down the stretch), I see no reason to overpay for a guy like Luck and trade away the stability of Green + Cooks/Hyde for the uncertainty of Beckham. Obviously others will have different opinions, but thats where I stand

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:54 pm

And I have no reason to sell luck and Beckham unless I'm comfortable moving them. I've already mentioned that I have no interest in tanny, and you have already mentioned how you devalue qbs, so that would make Tanny essentially worthless in this deal. You are the 1 sending offers. I have countered 1 offer you sent by adding the 7th or 8th pick in the draft. I believe it was my luck, Beckham, Crowell for your green, cooks, Andre Williams and the pick. I'm not trying to get rid of these guys unless it hopefully makes me better. Meanwhile, you are trying to buy them below market value. We may just have to walk away from a potential deal. We have had a few polls, in general, my side has gotten the vote, you don't want to add, and I'm not wanting to sell below market value. You are a very strong contender, I am rebuilding a bad team I took over 13-14 months ago. Doesn't make much sense for me to sell under market value. I strive to have a team like yours. I won't get there losing trades in terms of value.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Detroitcity wrote: What I find funny is the vote on Green/Cooks for Luck/Beckham was 65%/ 35% (see thread attached), but now somehow w/ Hyde added (easily worth a mid 1st), the vote somehow again comes out at 65%/ 35%. So according to this forum, adding Hyde (mid 1st) to this deal, doesnt change it in anyway. Anyone else find that odd ???
I'd guess it's mostly a result of different individuals voting, but slightly caused by the growing love for Beckham.

If I may, I don't understand why Luck is involved in this trade. Sloth seems to value him more. If I were (either of) you, I'd try to simplify the deal into Beckham+ for Green.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 pm

I think he likes luck a bit more than he is letting on. Haha I tried to put cam in instead of luck and there was no interest.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Jules wrote:
Detroitcity wrote: What I find funny is the vote on Green/Cooks for Luck/Beckham was 65%/ 35% (see thread attached), but now somehow w/ Hyde added (easily worth a mid 1st), the vote somehow again comes out at 65%/ 35%. So according to this forum, adding Hyde (mid 1st) to this deal, doesnt change it in anyway. Anyone else find that odd ???
I'd guess it's mostly a result of different individuals voting, but slightly caused by the growing love for Beckham.

If I may, I don't understand why Luck is involved in this trade. Sloth seems to value him more. If I were (either of) you, I'd try to simplify the deal into Beckham+ for Green.
I understand the premise of your suggestion, but for me its simple... because of the makeup of my team and the fact that I prefer Green to Beckham, there is no point in me trading the more stable guy in Green for Beckham (who has nowhere to go but down IMO, because his value is so ridiculous). I already have the 1.7 & 1.10 picks, so Im already going to be adding 2 solid players to my strong contender as it is... and adding something like a 2nd to Beckham or a lower level prospect, does nothing for my team. If my team was starved for depth it might make some sense, but that it not the case

In order for me to give up Green, I would need to upgrade at another position (i.e Luck)

As Sloth mentions, he previously offered me Cam for 1.9/ B. Oliver and I turned that down. So as I mentioned above, I am not willing to "overpay" for a QB

On Sloth's side, while I understand the hesitation to give up Luck, he also has Cam (who he will not be able to trade for anything worth while IMO), so Luck is his biggest trade chip. Im not saying that by him having Cam that should decrease the value of Luck, but in his situation if you prefer Green to Beckham as he does, why would you not be willing to trade Luck for the upgrade to Green at WR and pickup another piece like Cooks + something else. Cooks upgrades his WR core tremendously IMO, and he drops minimally from Luck to Cam IMO. To boot, he also owns Cruz, so its probably in his best interest to deal either Cruz or Beckham before both of them take the field next year together

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm keeping Luck/Beckham here. While there is some risk with Beckham, I think it's limited. His performances were not TD dependent and that is key. Also, he showed he could beat coverage even when everyone in America knew he was the Giants only threat.

While I like AJG's prototypical size, there is a lot of inconsistency in Cincy and Dalton is a mess.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

venomreapers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby venomreapers » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:01 pm

I would definitely hold on to Luck. Add in Beckham and I definitely can't make that deal. Luck is going to be a dominant QB for the next 10 years and if Beckham can grow on this performance, well that's just amazing. I like Green a lot, I also like Cooks a lot. Hyde has a positive outlook but Luck is the deciding factor here. The kind of stability he brings to a position is damn near invaluable.
Dynasty Football United: Reading Reapers
Non-PPR all 6 point TD's, 1 QB, 0-2 RB, 1-5 WR, 0-3 TE, 1 K, 2-3 DL, 3-4 LB, 2-3 DB
QB: Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer
RB: Frank Gore, Robert Turbin, Ryan Mathews, Kenjon Barner, Mike Gillislee, Dion Lewis
WR: Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, Willie Snead, Allen Hurns, Travis Benjamin, Robby Anderson, JJ Nelson, Dontrelle Inman
TE: Martellus Bennett, Cameron Brate
K: Stephen Gostowski
DL: Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, Kerry Hyder, Trey Flowers
LB: Lavonte David, Preston Brown, Telvin Smith, Craig Robertson, Danell Ellerbee
DB: Logan Ryan, Jahleel Addae, Daryl Worley, Donte Whitner

Taxi: De'Vondre Campbell, Cody Kessler, Sheldon Rankins, Elandon Roberts, TJ Green
IR/S: Jaylon Smith, Karlos Williams, J.J. Watt, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamaal Charles