Week 6 Observations

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 6 Observations

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 am

He looks bad when Calvin isnt on the field.[/quote]

I don't think he looks bad but with this defense playing good he is turning into a game manager not a gun slinger.

His worst games are when they win. I can understand but it doesn't help my fantasy team. The bears are the old lions. Terrible defense allows nice qb game.[/quote]

The major downfall of the Kaepernick's and Wilson's of the world - playing on good teams with great defenses. Horrible for fantasy purposes.[/quote]

Wilson is a good QB, Kaepernick is not. He takes way too many sacks and tries to run every play. He runs the read option well when he has the choice of handing it to Gore or throwing it. To me when he drops back it looks like he gets to antsy and tries to do too much. I like him but Wilson and him aren't even close.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:24 am

joeday wrote:
balaberda wrote:Stafford is who we thought he was. He really can't predict withing 15 points how he will do in a given week.
He looks bad when Calvin isnt on the field.
Have you seen that O-line this year? He's getting no time to throw. I think he was actually better off in the scheme last year because he was getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds on average. Lombardi is having him do longer dropbacks. That and when Bush and Calvin are hurt, his only reliable target is Tate. The Vikings D wised up and played tight coverage. Fauria is also hurt, and Ebron is a rookie playing limited snaps. There's definitely at least a few throws a game that are on Stafford for being inaccurate, but for the most part, he's still not getting much help. It's just a miracle his turnover count is not much higher.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:30 am

Every QB is better when their weapons are there.

From Stafford to Peyton Manning (who has pretty much always had at least 1 elite receiver). Every single QB.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 am

PhadedCN wrote:Every QB is better when their weapons are there.

From Stafford to Peyton Manning (who has pretty much always had at least 1 elite receiver). Every single QB.
Don't forget Matt Ryan last year with no Julio and Roddy.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

holy_stromboli wrote:

Exactly.

Look how much better Cutler is with Marshall & Jeffery.

You can give examples for all.

A QB being better with their elite weapons is not exclusive to any of them, it applies to all of them.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:41 am

PhadedCN wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:

Exactly.

A QB being better with their elite weapons is not exclusive to any of them, it applies to all of them.
Dalton looked great yesterdy without AJG or Marvin Jones. Maybe he's good afterall...
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:43 am

PhadedCN wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:

Exactly.

Whoa...I never said it was exclusive to him lol.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 am

bcoogan23 wrote:He looks bad when Calvin isnt on the field.
I don't think he looks bad but with this defense playing good he is turning into a game manager not a gun slinger.

His worst games are when they win. I can understand but it doesn't help my fantasy team. The bears are the old lions. Terrible defense allows nice qb game.[/quote]

The major downfall of the Kaepernick's and Wilson's of the world - playing on good teams with great defenses. Horrible for fantasy purposes.[/quote]

Wilson is a good QB, Kaepernick is not. He takes way too many sacks and tries to run every play. He runs the read option well when he has the choice of handing it to Gore or throwing it. To me when he drops back it looks like he gets to antsy and tries to do too much. I like him but Wilson and him aren't even close.[/quote]

I think it's a little naive to say a QB with a 93.3 career passer rating "isn't good" I think they are very comparable players. Kaepernick has the higher upside IMO as well.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 am

flashgordon12 wrote:
PhadedCN wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:Don't forget Matt Ryan last year with no Julio and Roddy.
Exactly.

Dalton looked great yesterdy without AJG or Marvin Jones. Maybe he's good afterall...
Dalton looked "great"?

Did we watch the same games?

Both those picks he threw were pretty awful.

It was also against the panthers. Flacco looked "great" against the Bucs.

Dalton looked good (not great) against a weak defense.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:56 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Yea Cruz's window of relevance is over.

People are going to be regretting letting OBJ randomly fall into the 2nd round of rookie drafts for a long time.

Other notes

Cutler is a legit top 5 QB. I thought we "knew what we had" from this guy? Lovie Smith is a bleep terrible coach with a special talent for having terrible offenses. Just needed a real coach/weapons out there.

Antone Smith needs to be a starting RB somewhere, probably Atlanta.
It's a very serious injury, but I can't write Cruz off. Still, I do wonder if the Giants offense is going to grow without him in his absence. Randle is going to be established as their #1, Donnell is going to get more targets and OBJ (Cruz' eventual replacement) will get a lot of opportunities.

For all the crap Cutler gets, he's on pace for a career year:

-1,676 yards
-13 TD's
-68.1 completion %
-97.4 passer rating

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:57 am

PhadedCN wrote:
flashgordon12 wrote:
PhadedCN wrote: Dalton looked great yesterdy without AJG or Marvin Jones. Maybe he's good afterall...
Dalton looked "great"?

Did we watch the same games?

Both those picks he threw were pretty awful.

It was also against the panthers. Flacco looked "great" against the Bucs.

Dalton looked good (not great) against a weak defense.
I thought Dalton played very well. Yes the panthers D stinks, but he had Sanu and that was about it. The first pick his arm got hit and the second Gresham jumped too erly, but yes it was a bad ball. Still, I was very encouraged and I think that offense will only continue to get better. If only they had a good kicker :(
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 am

I'm a huge Nuk guy, he was my 1a for rookie WRs last yr, always have and always will prefer him to CP. I also own him everywhere now. He has a great skill set for a low-end WR1/high-end WR2. Now that the bleep kissing is out the way, I have to say this kid is a little bleep bitch. Jesus, has anyone noticed how horrific his efforts are on run blocking? Like he doesn't even try, he looks like a prima Donna diva who doesn't give a bleep. So when I see that vine of him skipping like a 3yr old with pigtails to recover a fumble with the game on the line, I'm not surprised in the least bit. It's not possible the coaches haven't noticed. If I was the coach, I'd bench him. Maybe I'm harsh, I still absolutely love his talent, would never trade him. That said, Nuk needs to man up!

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:44 am

I watched all the games on Rewind yesterday, condensed. These are some of my subjective observations, I am not looking up stats etc..

Buf vs. NE .. What surprised me the most here was how much work RB Dixon got early in this game, he seemed to be the only RB on the field for most of the first half, sparingly in the third, and it was all Fred Jackson in the 4th... Orton was targeting Chandler often especially on 3rd downs, he was also avoiding throwing anywhere near Revis for most of the game, but did manage to find Watkins on 2 plays for nice gains (one of them was a yard shy of being a TD, like 25 yds), Watkins also had an acrobatic catch, but that one was too close to the sidelines ... If Orton wasn't throwing it to Chandler, he was looking for Woods ... Late in the game he found Hogan a few times too ... I had written in my notes at the end of the half, Spiller had a nice run on the last carry of the half, like 15 yds, but then he fumbled and they turned the ball over with like 18 seconds left in the half which led to a NE FG right before the half .. when it rains it pours ...

As much as Orton looked looked for Chandler, Brady equally looked for Gronk .. Tim Wright had the early TD, and didn't see him much the rest of the game .. Brady took a deep shot very early for Tyms (like the third play of the game) .. Gronk also tweaked his knee a bit in the third, but came back the next play and looked ok .. Most of the passing production came in the second half, Tyms on a deep pass 30+ in double coverage ... LaFell came up big also on a 3rd and 12, he went 20+ for a TD, he also went 50+ and a TD on a broken coverage late in the game ..

Overall this game was ugly, a lot of sacks, pressures from both teams, penalties .. came down to a lot of 3rd down and long conversions ...
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:08 am

JAX vs. TEN...

What surprised me in this game was how much Bortles looked for Shorts, way more than I saw from him last week ... Jags also threw a lot of screen plays in this game (the Titans fully adjusted to their screen game by the 4th qtr and shut it down) ... Robinson had a quiet game, but seemed to be the guy that kept the chains moving .. he ended up with 8 catches or so ... I really would like to see more YAC from him, but for now he is a big part of this offense. Storm had a ok game considering their offensive line, Bortles was under a lot of pressure and was sacked at least 6 times .. TE Harbor had a few big plays, a 59 yd pick up on their first drive as well as a catch that went 20+ for a TD ... Bortles threw a couple of interceptions in this one too ...

Whitehurst was able to find Hunter on a few big plays, one went for 38 yards .. but then they went 3 and out after ...Sankey did not have a good first half, but like last couple of weeks was able to string together several nice runs in the 3rd ... Delanie Walker is so explosive, I really wish I had him on more teams .. most of his production came early in the game, 19 yd pass play on their second possession .. and another 30+ catch in the 2nd ..

This game was relatively ugly also, but had some late game drama .. Jax was able to recover an onside kick after staging a come back ... only to get into FG position, to have the attempt blocked ...
@PlankMelody

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:23 am

We watch a different game? Storm looked awful. He got "production" because of his TD, but he was awful, statistically and visually. He's going to make Gerhart look good at least.