Knile Davis vs Isaiah Crowell

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Dbolicious
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Knile Davis vs Isaiah Crowell

Postby Dbolicious » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Amoo wrote:I'd easily cut Lyerla... If there are no roster restrictions.
Yeah I was going to cut Lyerla to stream bye week fillers at QB, DB, DL. Someone just dropped Bortles this evening too, was thinking of sitting on him for 9 weeks as well.
Dear Leader
10team non PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1TE/WRflx, 4IDP Flex - 25 man rosters
QB-Luck,Ben
RB-Giovanni,Morris,TRich,Mason,Hyde,McKinnon
WR- Marshall, Alshon, Cobb, DeAndre, Patterson, J.Hunter, Robinson, Moncrief
TE-Cameron, ASJ, Reed
LB - David, Kuechly, Burfict, Shazier

IT ERTZ WHEN EIFERT
nonPPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1WR/RB flex - 25 man
QB- Luck, Stafford
RB- Shady, Giovanni, Miller,Pierce,C Michael, Turbin, Crowell, Simms, Latavius, Mason
WR- Julio, Evans, Floyd, Hopkins, Robinson, OBJ, Moncrief, Randle, Woods
TE- Gronk, Ladarius, Amaro
2015 picks (3) 1sts and (2) 3rds

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Dbolicious wrote:
Amoo wrote:I'd easily cut Lyerla... If there are no roster restrictions.
Yeah I was going to cut Lyerla to stream bye week fillers at QB, DB, DL. Someone just dropped Bortles this evening too, was thinking of sitting on him for 9 weeks as well.
So hold Knile now and make the decision on who to cut later. He holds more value now and could see a way bigger spike after the first few weeks of the season.

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 am

Um... Drop the kicker. Then work trades all offseason to consolidate a little and pick up another kicker the day before the season start ; )

To the question: I think Davis gets you more value at this point. Keep him or package him to free up a space and then pick up Crowell. Both should be owned. 30 man rosters aren't that shallow (well with IDPs it might be)

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:47 am

Knile for me. Workout warrior? Maybe, but he has stayed locked in as JC's backup and has shown flashes in his limited touches so far. Crowell is starting out in a crowded backfield, has serious character issues, and has a history of being a gimp. Crowell certainly has great talent, but he went undrafted for some very good reasons.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:24 am

Water Buffalo wrote:Davis and it isn't even close. If Charles goes down, Davis is a RB1.
Davis isn't very good and got outplayed by Dennis Johnson in college. His 3.7 ypc last year and straight-line running are red flags to anybody who doesn't value player solely based on the Yearly Underwear Olympics.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:36 pm

DLFiend wrote:Davis isn't very good and got outplayed by Dennis Johnson in college. His 3.7 ypc last year and straight-line running are red flags to anybody who doesn't value player solely based on the Yearly Underwear Olympics.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows this deep down inside... some just haven't looked deep enough yet :lol:

2yellows
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby 2yellows » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:01 am

Davis and it's not even close. How long is Crowell going to ride the whole "5 star recruit" out of high school thing? Thats basically the only good thing he's got going for him. SO many red flags on top of that. In fact, I created an account just to point this out. Long time lurker. Have you seen the highlight video of Crowell for Alabama St? Its not even that good! :wall:
12 team PPR league

QB Stafford, Rivers, Mccown
RB Morris, Mathews, C. Michael, Lattimore, J. Rogers, Helu, Barner
WR Fitzgerald, Decker, Maclin, M. Jones, S. Hill, D. Alexander, H. Douglas
TE Gates, Green, Rivera, Daniels
DST Panthers
K Feely

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:41 am

2yellows wrote:Davis and it's not even close. How long is Crowell going to ride the whole "5 star recruit" out of high school thing? Thats basically the only good thing he's got going for him. SO many red flags on top of that. In fact, I created an account just to point this out. Long time lurker. Have you seen the highlight video of Crowell for Alabama St? Its not even that good! :wall:
I agree with you (I think both players suck) but Matt Waldman (more misses than hits) loves him so de facto everybody loves him.