Huge Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Huge Trade

Postby Vendetta » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:30 pm

I've been offered Russell Wilson and Percy Harvin for Matthew Stafford, C.J. Spiller and Victor Cruz. 0.75 PPR and return yardage scoring as well. Thoughts? I'm not much of a Cruz fan at all and I'm a really big Wilson fan but was hoping to not have to part with Stafford to get him but this is the first offer I've received without having to give up Josh Gordon who I really didn't want to part with.
Last edited by Vendetta on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Huge Trade Offer

Postby sloth8u » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:35 pm

your losing this trade by miles in my opinion.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Stafford > Wilson
Spiller/Cruz >> Harvin
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Easy Pass.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Reject

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Pass, not very close IMO.

Witchita Lineman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Witchita Lineman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Garbage

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Postby will6779 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:11 pm

I wouldnt make this trade.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:36 am

This won't be popular but my gut was telling me to accept the deal, so I did. But, hear me out...

My main concern was keeping Josh Gordon on my roster, I'm a huge fan of his and my goal for the last couple of years has been to build the most dominant WR corps in this league (another reason why I wanted to get Percy Harvin).

I'm not upset losing Victor Cruz, I got him in an earlier deal this week mostly to use his name value to flip him for something or someone I liked better.

Spiller hurts to a point but his usage has been pretty frustrating. I understand this is a mostly lost season for him but even his "good" season he only scored 8 TDs and had plenty of dud games. I would rather my players be more consistent than that, guys like that you almost have to play every week just so you don't miss the good ones, but those bad ones could end up costing you a game or two over the course of a season. Again, Spiller's name carried more value than his play as far as I'm concerned. I also trust my ability to find a replacement.

The biggest regret I have is trading away Stafford. With that said though, I actually like Wilson better from both a fantasy and reality perspective. The only QBs I'd rather have in fantasy are Rodgers and Luck. Russell has outstanding work ethic and is smart in the way he runs the ball to avoid big hits. He's done a great job spreading the ball around without his best weapon all year. Adding Harvin boosts his value even more IMO. I'm not completely sold on Stafford as anything more than a volume passer while I feel Wilson can score in a variety of ways. Should anything ever happen to Calvin Johnson I'm not convinced that Stafford could continue to high scoring output he's had while Wilson has already shown he can do that without the best supporting cast. It would have been nice to retain Stafford but trading him over Gordon was definitely the lesser of two evils in my mind especially because you can't win games with the guys on your bench.

I also have what will likely be the 1st and 2nd overall picks (through trade) in our rookie draft to go along with four 2nd rounders so finding replacement players like Melvin Gordon or Ka'Deem Carey for example for Spiller also factored into the decision a bit.

Here's what my starting lineup will look like starting next season:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Doug Martin
WR - Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE - Jordan Cameron, Jordan Reed

I'd also have Justin Blackmon, Terrance Williams, Michael Floyd and potentially Sammy Watkins on my bench meaning my WR corps would be almost interchangeable and able to withstand bye weeks, injuries or suspensions.

My RB depth definitely took a hit though but that's sometimes the price you have to pay to get a deal done.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:45 am

You have the depth to make that work, but I think that was a Spiller too much, and he probably should have been adding to Wilson/Harvin to get Stafford/Cruz (if it's off market value).

With that said, it didn't kill your team and you got your guy(s). Iv done a few of those as well - Julio/Spiller for AJG/DWilson before the Julio injury, Bridgewater/Nicks/3rd for Tannehill/Stewart/2nd in a 2QB devy league, etc.. So sometimes you just have to open up the wallet on a deal IF it's for one of your just have players.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:06 am

Vendetta wrote:This won't be popular but my gut was telling me to accept the deal, so I did. But, hear me out...

My main concern was keeping Josh Gordon on my roster, I'm a huge fan of his and my goal for the last couple of years has been to build the most dominant WR corps in this league (another reason why I wanted to get Percy Harvin).

I'm not upset losing Victor Cruz, I got him in an earlier deal this week mostly to use his name value to flip him for something or someone I liked better.

Spiller hurts to a point but his usage has been pretty frustrating. I understand this is a mostly lost season for him but even his "good" season he only scored 8 TDs and had plenty of dud games. I would rather my players be more consistent than that, guys like that you almost have to play every week just so you don't miss the good ones, but those bad ones could end up costing you a game or two over the course of a season. Again, Spiller's name carried more value than his play as far as I'm concerned. I also trust my ability to find a replacement.

The biggest regret I have is trading away Stafford. With that said though, I actually like Wilson better from both a fantasy and reality perspective. The only QBs I'd rather have in fantasy are Rodgers and Luck. Russell has outstanding work ethic and is smart in the way he runs the ball to avoid big hits. He's done a great job spreading the ball around without his best weapon all year. Adding Harvin boosts his value even more IMO. I'm not completely sold on Stafford as anything more than a volume passer while I feel Wilson can score in a variety of ways. Should anything ever happen to Calvin Johnson I'm not convinced that Stafford could continue to high scoring output he's had while Wilson has already shown he can do that without the best supporting cast. It would have been nice to retain Stafford but trading him over Gordon was definitely the lesser of two evils in my mind especially because you can't win games with the guys on your bench.

I also have what will likely be the 1st and 2nd overall picks (through trade) in our rookie draft to go along with four 2nd rounders so finding replacement players like Melvin Gordon or Ka'Deem Carey for example for Spiller also factored into the decision a bit.

Here's what my starting lineup will look like starting next season:

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Doug Martin
WR - Calvin Johnson, Randall Cobb, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE - Jordan Cameron, Jordan Reed

I'd also have Justin Blackmon, Terrance Williams, Michael Floyd and potentially Sammy Watkins on my bench meaning my WR corps would be almost interchangeable and able to withstand bye weeks, injuries or suspensions.

My RB depth definitely took a hit though but that's sometimes the price you have to pay to get a deal done.
You ask us a question that you obviously did not want the answer to. If you did, you'd have listened to everyone that said not to do it. You obviously wanted to make the deal, so why ask us if you were just going to ignore us? I won't be wasting my time on your posts anymore.

Stafford is better than Wilson. Cruz has pretty much been a stud while Harvin has been hurt. AND< you lose Spiller for...nothing! GREAT JOB! :clap:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Huge Trade

Postby sloth8u » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:26 am

you are happy with your deal and thats all that really matters. i dont think any of us can fault anyone who values wilson>stafford or harvin>cruz. although i think your in the minority there. putting spiller in the deal is just a major overpay.

for the exact reasons you mention liking wilson could be a downfall with your wilson to harvin connection. if he continues to spread it around you could wind up with some inconsistency from him, just like you mentioned from spiller. you do have the depth to make the move to get your guys, so i cant fault you for pulling the trigger. i just think you overpayed by a considerable margin.

corky
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby corky » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:30 am

Sorry, OP, but this is a terrible trade.

Stafford > Wilson
Cruz > Harvin

You upgraded nothing and gave away Spiller.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:44 am

I've been known to make some overpays but this wasn't an overpay, you just gave Spiller away for nothing. He's had a bad year but that's not the way to deal with it

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:16 am

I'd turn it down easily. It's your team though and you're happy with the results so that's all that matters. In our startup this year I traded 4.8 and 5.2 for 3.7 and 22.3 so that I could move up and get Jimmy. People thought I was crazy but look whose laughing now.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ