Signs of life from TRich

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Signs of life from TRich

Postby KMA » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Yes, definitely signs of life tonight - got his YPC all the way up to 4.0 for a whole game and didn't get ouplayed that badly by Donald Brown.

So yes, all in all, definitely positive signs of life. I guess he's back to his elite RB1 status now.
THE BREAK OUT GAME I was talking about. I win!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:19 am

ManuManu wrote:It's really, really sad that this is what it's come to for T-Rich owners...
I agree. In the conversation for bust of the year. Of coarse David Wilson has that wrapped, but Trich he'd serves an honorable mention

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:41 am

that's not fair for wilson, he was a flier round 2ish pick not the 1.1 like trich. i dont know if you can call wilson a bust he's not had a great start but so the same can be said of spiller, martin, mcfadden, miller. i like what i see on film on wilson so forgive me if i reserve judgement till later.
QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
K: Y Koo, R Bullock
D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:06 am

kiddragonsoft wrote:that's not fair for wilson, he was a flier round 2ish pick not the 1.1 like trich. i dont know if you can call wilson a bust he's not had a great start but so the same can be said of spiller, martin, mcfadden, miller. i like what i see on film on wilson so forgive me if i reserve judgement till later.
What do you mean a flier round 2ish pick? He went in the first round of the NFL Draft and was picked in the top 6 of most rookie drafts in 2012. Do you mean in start ups this year? Cause that it the only thing I can think you mean? He went mid 2nd in most I saw.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:29 am

joeday wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:My comments are based soley on my frustrations!
He has actually looked good tonight...its a shame they arent on the field more lol
I don`t think he looked good at all actually. True, he looked powerful at times and on that reception he broke a few tackles, although there was some bad angles taken by the defenders. His issue has never been about power, there`s no denying the guy is a powerful dude, but it`s all the other things you want from a RB that he can`t seem to do.

One thing I`ve really noticed about Trich is his acceleration is horrible. There`s no burst whatsoever. I`ve also noticed that he can`t cut without basically coming to a dead stop. Every time he makes a cut to make a defender miss, he almost stops and then can`t get going again before the defence adjusts and wraps him up.

Coaches in the NFL know more than we do and they see more than we see. So I find it pretty telling that when Indy wanted to move the ball down the field, TRich was on the bench and Brown was in the game.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 am

kiddragonsoft wrote:that's not fair for wilson, he was a flier round 2ish pick not the 1.1 like trich. i dont know if you can call wilson a bust he's not had a great start but so the same can be said of spiller, martin, mcfadden, miller. i like what i see on film on wilson so forgive me if i reserve judgement till later.
I just feel as though the Hype around Wilson was through the roof, and if you tried to acquire him in August it would have taken the same type of package as Trich, or very close to. At least Trich will fall into the end zone 10 times this year, where as Wilson will finish the year with >50

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am

steelman wrote:
joeday wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:My comments are based soley on my frustrations!
He has actually looked good tonight...its a shame they arent on the field more lol
I don`t think he looked good at all actually. True, he looked powerful at times and on that reception he broke a few tackles, although there was some bad angles taken by the defenders. His issue has never been about power, there`s no denying the guy is a powerful dude, but it`s all the other things you want from a RB that he can`t seem to do.

One thing I`ve really noticed about Trich is his acceleration is horrible. There`s no burst whatsoever. I`ve also noticed that he can`t cut without basically coming to a dead stop. Every time he makes a cut to make a defender miss, he almost stops and then can`t get going again before the defence adjusts and wraps him up.

Coaches in the NFL know more than we do and they see more than we see. So I find it pretty telling that when Indy wanted to move the ball down the field, TRich was on the bench and Brown was in the game.
But it's not telling that those same coaches just traded a 1st round pick for Trent?!?

The passing game (routes, blocking, blitz pickup, sliding) is the last thing to come to RB's learning a playbook. It's what ultimately keeps rookie RB's off the field as they learn to pass protect. Trent is going through the same thing as he learns the playbook and the audibles/blitz pickups.

Give it time. It seemed like he was breaking tackles on nearly all of his carries. Indy's O-Line just isn't opening up holes right now. Trent will get better. Trent will adjust. The play-calling should get better. The OLine will be addressed.

I've certainly tempered my expectations for 2013 - Trent is nothing but a solid RB 2. But long-term, I don't see the concerns.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:28 pm

I'm not buying the whole "Indy's line isn't opening holes" theory. Is it not the same o-line that's allowing Bradshaw and Brown to rush for superior numbers? Or are they just playing crappy when TRich is on the field?

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:18 pm

The best comment I think I've read so far was when someone said Trent is still learning the playbook. When I watched Trent play this past Sunday, I saw a back who is a little more sure of himself hitting the holes. He averaged a CAREER BEST 4.0 yards per carry and had a magnificent catch and run. When they needed a first down, who did they go to? Trent. In fact, even when they were in hurry up mode, I saw Trent in there (dropping a pass) but he was still in there. He is a work in progress. He missed all offseason his rookie year, finally had his first REAL offseason. He is not a veteran back that has been in the league for decades. He is a new back learning new blitz pickups, passing routes, and trying to get a feel for an entirely new line. Which reminds me...how is the veteran McGahee doing over in Cleveland? 59 carries for 164 yards averaging 2.77 yards per carry. Great place to run, Cleveland. But I digress. I am sure someone will make an excuse for McGahee. The game against San Diego was just horrible for the Colts. Their time of possession was abysmal. Had the Colts found a way to stop San Diego, I think Trent finishes with a higher stat line. I have seen improvement every game (with the exception of that one sack). I am not expecting RB1 numbers right now. Just growth. I am going to wait for the kid to settle in to his new role. Until then, I am more than happy to put him on ice until it clicks for him. There really aren't many backs I would trade him for straight up. His situation is wonderful and I still believe the sky is the limit. The Colts are adjusting as well.

Another MEANINGLESS writeup from those misinformed jokers over at Profootball Focus. (the National Enquirer of Fantasy Football if you ask me).

Once again Trent Richardson fell short in terms of base stats in this game and some will be looking for reasons to justify the Colts’ decision to trade for him — though he did, at least for the box-score watchers, net a 4.0 yard per carry average for the first time in Colts’ blue. What those base stats don’t show is the hard work Richardson had to do in order to engineer those minimal gains, making cuts in backfield and picking up the majority of his yards after contact for the third straight week. Richardson tied a season high with 2.8 yards per carry after first contact and forced two missed tackles as a runner. With a little more help up front, displays like that might lead to him gaining more yards off the back of his effort.

I recently bought a home in Fallbrook, California. There is a long, winding, country road with lots of sharp turns and blind spots. The first few times I drove it, I practically rode my brakes the entire way. Now that I've been living there for a few months, I approach the turns with more confidence because I know what to expect. I'm more familiar with the surroundings. Pretty soon, I'll go full speed until I:

A)Break my personal record (14 minutes, 29 seconds)

or

B) Crash and blow up.

The same is true for Trent.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

buck6380
Starter
Starter

Postby buck6380 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:40 pm

georg013 wrote:The best comment I think I've read so far was when someone said Trent is still learning the playbook. When I watched Trent play this past Sunday, I saw a back who is a little more sure of himself hitting the holes. He averaged a CAREER BEST 4.0 yards per carry and had a magnificent catch and run. When they needed a first down, who did they go to? Trent. In fact, even when they were in hurry up mode, I saw Trent in there (dropping a pass) but he was still in there. He is a work in progress. He missed all offseason his rookie year, finally had his first REAL offseason. He is not a veteran back that has been in the league for decades. He is a new back learning new blitz pickups, passing routes, and trying to get a feel for an entirely new line. Which reminds me...how is the veteran McGahee doing over in Cleveland? 59 carries for 164 yards averaging 2.77 yards per carry. Great place to run, Cleveland. But I digress. I am sure someone will make an excuse for McGahee. The game against San Diego was just horrible for the Colts. Their time of possession was abysmal. Had the Colts found a way to stop San Diego, I think Trent finishes with a higher stat line. I have seen improvement every game (with the exception of that one sack). I am not expecting RB1 numbers right now. Just growth. I am going to wait for the kid to settle in to his new role. Until then, I am more than happy to put him on ice until it clicks for him. There really aren't many backs I would trade him for straight up. His situation is wonderful and I still believe the sky is the limit. The Colts are adjusting as well.

Another MEANINGLESS writeup from those misinformed jokers over at Profootball Focus. (the National Enquirer of Fantasy Football if you ask me).

Once again Trent Richardson fell short in terms of base stats in this game and some will be looking for reasons to justify the Colts’ decision to trade for him — though he did, at least for the box-score watchers, net a 4.0 yard per carry average for the first time in Colts’ blue. What those base stats don’t show is the hard work Richardson had to do in order to engineer those minimal gains, making cuts in backfield and picking up the majority of his yards after contact for the third straight week. Richardson tied a season high with 2.8 yards per carry after first contact and forced two missed tackles as a runner. With a little more help up front, displays like that might lead to him gaining more yards off the back of his effort.

I recently bought a home in Fallbrook, California. There is a long, winding, country road with lots of sharp turns and blind spots. The first few times I drove it, I practically rode my brakes the entire way. Now that I've been living there for a few months, I approach the turns with more confidence because I know what to expect. I'm more familiar with the surroundings. Pretty soon, I'll go full speed until I:

A)Break my personal record (14 minutes, 29 seconds)

or

B) Crash and blow up.

The same is true for Trent.
I have to agree here, that was well put. I watched the game and thought he looked pretty good, although the bad missed blocking assignment, and a bad drop. I thought he ran very hard, and given more chances would have produced well. I am starting to like what I see out of him, but don't get me wrong I am still very frustrated. This weekends game will be a great one to watch.
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:55 pm

I have watched EVERY snap of Richardson's career. For whatever reason, he has been tentative and slow to the hole this year. So, maybe there is something to the "learning curve" theory. The stat line stunk again, but he clearly looked better than he had all season. He is among the leaders in breaking tackles. Once he becomes more decisive again (which he will), the numbers will rise.

Let's not forget all the young RBs before him that failed to live up to the hype right away and take it as an opportunity to buy him at a discount. He still passes the eye test for me, albeit at an inconsistent clip this year. The same people that are bailing are the same ones that pooh-poohed about Dez Bryant because Laurent Robinson was out-producing him early on! Stay the course and you will be rewarded.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Been thinking of trying to use Gordon as bait to get Lynch so that I can bench Trent this year. I have a real shot this year but with Trent putting up piss poor numbers he is killing me.

Heck I am considering starting Jacobs over Trent this weekend. :wtf:
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:27 am

DJB wrote:Been thinking of trying to use Gordon as bait to get Lynch so that I can bench Trent this year. I have a real shot this year but with Trent putting up piss poor numbers he is killing me.

I am...no joke
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:41 am

joeday wrote:
DJB wrote:Been thinking of trying to use Gordon as bait to get Lynch so that I can bench Trent this year. I have a real shot this year but with Trent putting up piss poor numbers he is killing me.

I am...no joke
I am too. Jacobs has no backfield competition and the Vikes have he worst run defence in he NFL. Plus once Denver starts to pull out in front of the Colts, I expect Luck to start throwing it more as Indy abandons the run much like they did against the Chargers on Monday night.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 am

DJB wrote:I am too. Jacobs has no backfield competition and the Vikes have he worst run defence in he NFL. Plus once Denver starts to pull out in front of the Colts, I expect Luck to start throwing it more as Indy abandons the run much like they did against the Chargers on Monday night.
Exactly my reasonings too. While I believe in TR long term, I have a fairly easy matchup this week and it pains me to say that Jacobs is the safer choice.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride