When is it time to deal Megatron?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
kitasi13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

When is it time to deal Megatron?

Postby kitasi13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:17 am

In looking over my team I see several areas where I could use some help, particularly at Rb where I am very weak. Is it time to start shopping Megatron for multiple players? Not sure how long before the hits start to wear on him and his production begins to slip.

Thanks, Team in sig.
Colorado Einherjar

QB: Stafford, Brandon Allen, Ryan Finley, Gardner Minshew
RB: Phillip Lindsay, Aaron Jones, Melvin Gordon , Damien Williams,Austin Ekeler, Jaylen Samuels
TE: Travis Kelce, Herndon, Noah Fant
WR: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Gallup, Brandin Cooks, Boykin, Pettis, Washington, Allison, AJ Brown
PK: Butker, Seibert
DEF: Patriots, Rams

12 team Dynasty PPR League, 28 man roster with 5 man IR, 6 pt passing TD's.
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB,WR,TE), 1 Team DEF, 1 PK
Starters in Bold, Likely Flex Starter Options in italics

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: When is it time to deal Megatron?

Postby nation31 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:20 am

Never. The hits arent wearing on him. The DBs are taking the brute of the hit everytime. I would be dealing either RG3 or Kaep to help your roster.

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 am

Its time time to deal Calvin when the name carries more value than his production. That's not happening any time soon.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 am

I agree with nation31. I'm hanging on to him unless someone wants to overpay. I haven't seen him slow down yet.

And yeah, try dealing RG3 or Kap to get a RB. Pair the QB with your 1.03 pick and go for a nice RB.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kitasi13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kitasi13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 am

Been considering trading Kaep or RG III, just a bit nervous in that Kaep has less than a full season and RG III could be injury prone. Hard to guess which one is more solid at this point and with only old man Vick to fall back on...
Colorado Einherjar

RB: Phillip Lindsay, Aaron Jones, Melvin Gordon , Damien Williams,Austin Ekeler, Jaylen Samuels
WR: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, Gallup, Brandin Cooks, Boykin, Pettis, Washington, Allison, AJ Brown

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 am

pack4ever22 wrote:Its time time to deal Calvin when the name carries more value than his production. That's not happening any time soon.
+1. Best point.

When his perceived value becomes greater than his production, which has not happened yet.

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:32 am

I would just put both of them on the trading block and see which one fetches more. If you want to compete this year, you need to trade one of them for a RB, or you can hold them, hope that one doesnt lose their value this season and then move one. Either way you are going to have to move one to be competition, and their values are pretty high at this point, I understand their value could go up, however it could always go way down.

craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Postby craig_p_g » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 am

I think Calvin Johnson is going to be a high end WR1 until his mid 30s. Seriously, I think you'll be able to ride him for another 7 or 8 seasons because even when he starts to lose some of his speed, he'll still have his size and excellent route running and hands to rely on. He'll be the best possession receiver in football when he's no longer the best deep threat in football and he'll be a first ballot hall of famer. That's my opinion on Calvin Johnson.
12 team IDP(start 2 at each level) with salary cap - start 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex, 0.5ppr with TE premium

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Murray, Miller, Sankey, David Johnson, Matt Jones
WR: Bryant, Beckham, Cooks, Cooper, Allen Robinson, Latimer
TE: Gronkowski, Kelce, Ebron
K: Haushka
DL: Griffen
LB: Kendricks, Jenkins, Telvin Smith
DB: Rolle, Weddle

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:36 am

Completely opinion, but of those 2 QBs I'd look to move RG3.

I actually see Kaep as a safer, better option. The argument that Kaep's sample size is too small is a bit of a moot point b/c RG3's sample size is only 6 games more. Kaep is built better, will hopefully be less susceptible to injury, and (IMO) is surrounded by better offensive talent. They both have rocket throwing arms with great accuracy.

Again, JMO.

craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Postby craig_p_g » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am

doktor wrote:Completely opinion, but of those 2 QBs I'd look to move RG3.

I actually see Kaep as a safer, better option. The argument that Kaep's sample size is too small is a bit of a moot point b/c RG3's sample size is only 6 games more. Kaep is built better, will hopefully be less susceptible to injury, and (IMO) is surrounded by better offensive talent. They both have rocket throwing arms with great accuracy.

Again, JMO.
I agree with your opinion about 90%. i think they're on par with each other. i think RG3 is a better passer. He has a quicker release, seems to be a tad better at throwing into tight windows at the moment, but I don't think you can go wrong either way. I had both of them too and I just traded RG3.
12 team IDP(start 2 at each level) with salary cap - start 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex, 0.5ppr with TE premium

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Murray, Miller, Sankey, David Johnson, Matt Jones
WR: Bryant, Beckham, Cooks, Cooper, Allen Robinson, Latimer
TE: Gronkowski, Kelce, Ebron
K: Haushka
DL: Griffen
LB: Kendricks, Jenkins, Telvin Smith
DB: Rolle, Weddle

kitasi13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kitasi13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 am

Starting QB's in my league are:
Roethlisberger, Luck, (Kaep or RG III), Rodgers, Newton, Wilson, Eli, Brady, Stafford, Peyton, Brees, and Romo.

The teams with Romo, Peyton, Eli, and Newton have solid backups, so my only likely trade partners for a QB are the Stafford and Roethlisberger teams. The Stafford team has even worse RB situation than I do, so the Roethlisberger team might be possible. He has Forte, Johnson, and Martin as his top 3 backs. What might RG III or Kaep go for?
Colorado Einherjar

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:14 am

Might have a chance at Forte and a 2014 1st for RG3 even up...?

Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Intoodeep » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 pm

I doubt you are getting a future 1st and a top 10 running back for a QB in a 12 team (start 1 league). I would try and deal RG3 and J-Stew or Ronnie Hillman for Forte and Big Ben. This gives you some cushion at the backup QB position and gives him some hope at his running back position if one were to go down.

RG3 + J-Stew

for

Forte + Big Ben
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB - J. Taylor, B. Hall, S. Barkley, K. Williams, D. Achane, A. Gibson
WR - P. Nacua, M. Pittman, AJ Brown, C. Olave, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, D. Wicks, M. Mims
TE - M. Andrews, D. Njoku, I. Likely, T. Kraft
D - Texans, Bears

kitasi13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kitasi13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:20 pm

No way I would make that trade with Forte already having 6 years in the league and nearing 30. Also, Forte was not in the top 10 RB's in our league last year, and only Richardson and Martin were in the top 10 as rookies, and there isn't a Rb that good in this draft unless it is Lattimore 2-3 years down the road.
Colorado Einherjar

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm

kitasi13 wrote:Starting QB's in my league are:
Roethlisberger, Luck, (Kaep or RG III), Rodgers, Newton, Wilson, Eli, Brady, Stafford, Peyton, Brees, and Romo.

The teams with Romo, Peyton, Eli, and Newton have solid backups, so my only likely trade partners for a QB are the Stafford and Roethlisberger teams. The Stafford team has even worse RB situation than I do, so the Roethlisberger team might be possible. He has Forte, Johnson, and Martin as his top 3 backs. What might RG III or Kaep go for?
Don't limit your trade partners so easily. Any of the Eli, Peyton, Brady, Brees, or Romo owners look like they're in need of a rebuild? Try to swap Griffin or Kaep for an old starting QB and a starting RB or a first-round pick (to use on a RB).

For context, I recently saw Rodgers <--> Peyton and Aaron Hernandez. RGIII/Kaep won't fetch that much, but that should be the blueprint for your deal.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!