Wanna laugh?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Re: Wanna laugh?

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:23 am

Thank you Water Buffalo... I couldn't have said it better if I tried. It's unfortunate that we have to actually debate the differences between AJG and VJax but I guess that's what DLF is for.
Madde All-Star Team ~~12 Team IDP .5 PPR
QB: Stafford, Vick, Dalton, Cousins
RB: Martin, Lynch, Murray, Bell (R), Ingram, Ivory, Helu
WR: Nicks, Demaryious, MWill, Jones(GB), Woods (R), Williams (R), Brown (SD), Edelman, Gibson, Streater, Morgan
TE: Gronk, Kelce (R),Gresham, Green

DL: Allen, Jones(NE), Mebane, Curry, Moore (R)
LB: Butler, Lee, McCarthy, Riley, Ogletree (R), Burris, Sheard, Smith (NO)
DB: Byrd, Pollard, Rolle, Jammer, Williams (PHI)

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 am

I wish I owned AJ, simply so I could sell him for the ridiculous king's random I could net. I have not bothered to inquire about him in all my leagues but one, due to this, and only because we made great trade partners. Surprisingly, he isn't delusional, though a trade didnt materialize.

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:36 am

So I assume you would accept the original offer of Wilson/VJax for AJG lumps?
WR: Nicks, Demaryious, MWill, Jones(GB), Woods (R), Williams (R), Brown (SD), Edelman, Gibson, Streater, Morgan

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:55 am

Easy reject for me as well. Serviceable was a terrific word to describe VJ in comparison to the future that lies ahead for AJG.

VJ has surpassed 70 receptions exactly once in his entire career (last year) and has never reached double-digit TDs. AJG caught 97 balls, which were 25 more than VJ has ever caught in his best season and did it as a second year player, while adding 11 TDs. Can't fault the guy for trying and I agree with Tim in the sense that Wilson has buzz and he perceived a need for you to upgrade QB, but not at the expense of AJG, especially when QB values are normally depressed in 10-12 team leagues.

I try not to get insulted with trades, but c'mon, if I could get AJG for that in any league, whoever sold him would get hammered.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 am

TheMalocchio wrote:So I assume you would accept the original offer of Wilson/VJax for AJG lumps?
No, because I know I could land better.

Edit: I don't want players like VJax or DJax on my team. I want consistent points.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:32 am

What I find most problematic is that we're calling one another "delusional" over fantasy football. We all value players differently for the most part. Some of us are number crunchers others are go with your gut types. Some players like to win now! Others are builders with 2-4 year plans.

If you offered the deal and its so great- then aren't you the one that's delusional for wanting it in the first place not the other guy for rejecting it?

For the record i like all three players but would also probably reject as the AJG owner... it's a reasonable first offer though.

Let's just stop with hyperbole. Call the trade a bad idea. But leave personal judgements out of the wheeling and dealing process entirely in my opinion.

I'm in a league (not in sig) where a guy just traded marshawn, turbin, jared cook and a 2nd FOR Shady Mccoy, Jimmy graham and a 3rd. I dont suspect collusion, only grand larceny. I let it be known i wasnt a huge fan of the deal on the board... and pointed out recent ADPs as back up for my opinion. i take no issue someone feeling Marshawn/Turbin > Shady, because thats really close, coin toss, personal preference deal. but the other half of that deal was Somali Piratry. Jimmy Graham and a 3rd for Jared Cook and a 2nd?!?!?

But I didnt run around calling anyone any names for having done it. just pointed the deal as really bad. cause it clearly was.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 am

With Freeman, V-Jax is pretty consistent. You must still be thinking of his time with Philip Rivers.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 am

TheMalocchio wrote:Thank you Water Buffalo... I couldn't have said it better if I tried. It's unfortunate that we have to actually debate the differences between AJG and VJax but I guess that's what DLF is for.

Did you read my post? Or did you just notice I was talking smack on your butt buddy AJG? I said I would not do this trade so obviously I recognize that AJG is significantly more valuable than Vincent Jackson. He does although have value; much more value than your letting on.

I hope you are fully prepared to have AJG on your squad until the day he retires because no one is ever going to offer you the massive ransom you think he's worth.

I understand he's an absolute stud at 25 years old but no one player is worth that high of a price.

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:52 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:There is so much AJG love that I can't even consider keeping him on any of my rosters. If people are going to continue to value him like he's 3x's more valuable than other player in the league I just have to trade him.

I wouldn't do this trade either; but it's way closer than everyone is making it out to be. I don't understand how Vincent Jackson "doesn't do anything for you" , he was the 6th ranked WR last season. AJ Green averaged .8 more ppg in standard scoring leagues...so near identical production.

Throw in a very young & promising QB and this is not anything close to a terrible deal.
This. All of it.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm

I think we've gone off subject a little. I thought it was comical that I got called "delusional" for rejecting the offer while I thought the other owner was delusional for offering it. Obviously we have different opinions on our players. Thats all. I still haven't found anyone on here that said they would accept this trade. Who said I was asking for a kings ransom Steve, I mean 49ersFaithful80? You think my counter offer of Wilson/Demaryius Thomas for AJG is a kings ransom?... Why don't you answer that before putting words in my mouth that I'm asking for a kings ransom.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:23 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
TheMalocchio wrote:Thank you Water Buffalo... I couldn't have said it better if I tried. It's unfortunate that we have to actually debate the differences between AJG and VJax but I guess that's what DLF is for.

Did you read my post? Or did you just notice I was talking smack on your butt buddy AJG? I said I would not do this trade so obviously I recognize that AJG is significantly more valuable than Vincent Jackson. He does although have value; much more value than your letting on.

I hope you are fully prepared to have AJG on your squad until the day he retires because no one is ever going to offer you the massive ransom you think he's worth.

I understand he's an absolute stud at 25 years old but no one player is worth that high of a price.
This makes me laugh. " I hope you are fully prepared to keep AJ..."
Like having one of the best, young WR on your squad for a long time is a bad thing and we should look to trade all of our players who hold great value. Just because someone holds value doesn't mean you have to trade that player. Perhaps owning Green for a long long time is just fine too!
Last edited by SpaderDude on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:28 pm

TheMalocchio wrote:I think we've gone off subject a little. I thought it was comical that I got called "delusional" for rejecting the offer while I thought the other owner was delusional for offering it. Obviously we have different opinions on our players. Thats all. I still haven't found anyone on here that said they would accept this trade. Who said I was asking for a kings ransom Steve, I mean 49ersFaithful80? You think my counter offer of Wilson/Demaryius Thomas for AJG is a kings ransom?... Why don't you answer that before putting words in my mouth that I'm asking for a kings ransom.
I like your counter more and I wouldn't even accept it immediately, I'd be on the fence and probably lean towards keeping AJG considering it's a dynasty and DT could have some QB problems in the near future. It would also depend on my needs at the time. I do believe the offer made to you was bad, but nothing horrible.

And yes, it's comical that you were called delusional when he was the delusional one.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm made one offer for Green in a league, which was Jimmy Graham and Givens (TEs get 2 ppr). I have Hernandez but can also start more than 1 TE. It's a rare deal that should be good for both of us but he wasn't interested.

To me, anybody offering you a trade and than ridiculing you for not accepting it is just trying to bully you or is throwing a tantrum because he didn't get to rip you off. If you respond with anything, it's probably the old, "Well I guess it's lucky for you that I didn't accept."

Abspara
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Abspara » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Thats a pretty low offer for AJ Green.