Crazy People In Your League

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Crazy People In Your League

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am

standard_variance wrote:
ManuManu wrote:It's common courtesy to reply to rejected trades (legit trade offers) with an explanation of why you turned it down. I've never rejected a trade without explaining why. At least then it gives the owner a shot at giving you an offer that matches what you're looking for in a deal.

And that in turn makes the league much more fun and enjoyable :thumbup: :thumbup:
It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. I too always try to provide comments when I reject a trade. For example, someone recently offered me AJGreen and Gates for Julio and JStew.I turned them down and commented that I saw the Green for Julio part of the deal as a saw off and I didn't want to give up some depth at RB for an aging TE in Gates. I then mentioned a few players on their roster I was interested in.
I received a response telling me to not "write a freakin' novel next time and just say No". :wtf: I guess novels are 2-3 sentences now. :lol:
So, it is impossible to please everybody when it comes to trade offers.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Honestly, I would've turned down your offer as well. Why would a guy out of contention care about depth? He needs guys with upside, which is exactly what the guy you're trying to take away from him is. As an owner, I want potential or production. Depth is something I grab via the waivers or as a throw in on a major deal. You're winning on the potential side of this deal by a landslide. I'd also say your winning on the production side with Robinson now in JAX.

Further, this deal has all the red flags.

Two for one.
WR for WR.
Owner with success building via trades making the offer. (How'd the guys on the other side of your deals make out?)
Best player going your way.

I don't think flipping out as you claim he did is reasonable, but I can see reason for him to be pretty blunt with you in a response.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

standard_variance wrote:
The GM wrote: Also if your offer did not take into his consideration his needs but just addressed what you wanted he may have been offended.
Yea I get really offended if my team needs are not taken into consideration when someone makes an offer.
If I have Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo as my QB's but only Rice at RB and they make me an offer of Rivers for Rice then I would refuse without comment. If they then sent me and email and asked my why I may or may not be nice to them. It is not my obligation to teach a league mate how to make better offers or how to play fantasy football.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:20 pm

ericanadian wrote:Honestly, I would've turned down your offer as well. Why would a guy out of contention care about depth? He needs guys with upside, which is exactly what the guy you're trying to take away from him is. As an owner, I want potential or production. Depth is something I grab via the waivers or as a throw in on a major deal. You're winning on the potential side of this deal by a landslide. I'd also say your winning on the production side with Robinson now in JAX.

Further, this deal has all the red flags.

Two for one.
WR for WR.
Owner with success building via trades making the offer. (How'd the guys on the other side of your deals make out?)
Best player going your way.

I don't think flipping out as you claim he did is reasonable, but I can see reason for him to be pretty blunt with you in a response.
I agree. It was aa bad offer.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Riders4Ever wrote:It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. I too always try to provide comments when I reject a trade. For example, someone recently offered me AJGreen and Gates for Julio and JStew.I turned them down and commented that I saw the Green for Julio part of the deal as a saw off and I didn't want to give up some depth at RB for an aging TE in Gates. I then mentioned a few players on their roster I was interested in.
I received a response telling me to not "write a freakin' novel next time and just say No". :wtf: I guess novels are 2-3 sentences now. :lol:
I like Gates and think he is a great value. There are a few TE's I would like in Dynasty more than Gates but if I were in contention and did not have Graham or Gronk I would take this offer because Gates is not in a timeshare and will produce. I see your side of it but I value Gates more than most people.

Please keep your response to 17 syllables in three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables. No need for a novel.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:39 pm

I keep checking back to see if the OP has posted examples of these emails. I remain disappointed. :(

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:I keep checking back to see if the OP has posted examples of these emails. I remain disappointed. :(
I think somebody needs to send an invite to Mr CP (crazy person) and get him in here to get his side of the story. :duel:

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:43 pm

The GM wrote:
Riders4Ever wrote:It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. I too always try to provide comments when I reject a trade. For example, someone recently offered me AJGreen and Gates for Julio and JStew.I turned them down and commented that I saw the Green for Julio part of the deal as a saw off and I didn't want to give up some depth at RB for an aging TE in Gates. I then mentioned a few players on their roster I was interested in.
I like Gates and think he is a great value. There are a few TE's I would like in Dynasty more than Gates but if I were in contention and did not have Graham or Gronk I would take this offer because Gates is not in a timeshare and will produce. I see your side of it but I value Gates more than most people.

Please keep your response to 17 syllables in three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables. No need for a novel.
I do not like Gates.
Age, injuries concern me.
I rejected trade.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:10 am

Riders4Ever wrote:
The GM wrote:

I do not like Gates.
Age, injuries concern me.
I rejected trade.
TY :D

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 pm

I don't think anyone owes anybody else an explanation for why they rejected a trade. Sure it's the nice thing to do, and I always give a reason, but I certainly don't expect a reason. If you want a reason then don't just fire away trade offers, call the person, text or email.

Also I hate when I hear people say "oh they rejected this trade and it would've helped their team". What's the point of being in a league with other owners if you know how to build their team so well. Maybe they don't see it that way, have other plans or just don't want to trade a guy, even if in your mind it would help their team. People just seem to be so sensitive these days.
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Captainzach1 wrote:I don't think anyone owes anybody else an explanation for why they rejected a trade. Sure it's the nice thing to do, and I always give a reason, but I certainly don't expect a reason. If you want a reason then don't just fire away trade offers, call the person, text or email.

Also I hate when I hear people say "oh they rejected this trade and it would've helped their team". What's the point of being in a league with other owners if you know how to build their team so well. Maybe they don't see it that way, have other plans or just don't want to trade a guy, even if in your mind it would help their team. People just seem to be so sensitive these days.
Well said.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Postby standard_variance » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 am

rangerdave wrote:
Captainzach1 wrote:I don't think anyone owes anybody else an explanation for why they rejected a trade. Sure it's the nice thing to do, and I always give a reason, but I certainly don't expect a reason. If you want a reason then don't just fire away trade offers, call the person, text or email.

Well said.
x2
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"

weasel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby weasel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Can't stand people in leagues that base their trade offers upon point production.
Player A and Player B together outscored Player C, so you are getting a great deal even though Player C
is one of the most valuable players in FF.

Or

People that overvalue 1st round rookie picks.
Had someone offer me two first round rookie picks (not in the top 7) and a 2013 2nd for Megatron and a top 10 TE.
I was told I could get 2 of the top 10 rookies, and a 2nd rounder next year which would be good building blocks for
my team lol

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 pm

weasel wrote:Can't stand people in leagues that base their trade offers upon point production.
Player A and Player B together outscored Player C, so you are getting a great deal even though Player C

Or

Had someone offer me two first round rookie picks (not in the top 7) and a 2013 2nd for Megatron and a top 10 TE.
I was told I could get 2 of the top 10 rookies, and a 2nd rounder next year which would be good building blocks for
my team lol
Ya the pick thing is rampant in my league, though not quite so bad. On the plus side, it's allowed me to pick up solid players for bottom half of the first round picks in a 16 team league. The funniest part about it, is the guys that generally value picks the most are the ones that pay the least attention to college ball.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 pm

ericanadian wrote:
weasel wrote:Can't stand people in leagues that base their trade offers upon point production.

Or

my team lol
Ya the pick thing is rampant in my league, though not quite so bad. On the plus side, it's allowed me to pick up solid players for bottom half of the first round picks in a 16 team league. The funniest part about it, is the guys that generally value picks the most are the ones that pay the least attention to college ball.
It might seem backwards, but it also makes sense: those are the guys most likely to fall prey to the hype.