Brandon Weeden and the Age controversy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Brandon Weeden and the Age controversy

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Thu May 10, 2012 7:43 pm

considering the recent success of rookie qbs Weeden has to be considered in 2nd round. You just wish he had someone to throw to that's put up good numbers or been to a pro bowl.
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu May 10, 2012 9:01 pm

TheOracle wrote:What's the highest draft pick you would trade for Kevin Kolb? Because Kolb is better than Weeden right now and he's a year younger.
I wouldn't say he's better than Weeden at all, but probably both players are worth a 2nd round pick :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

As a fantasy player it's not even close. Kolb is probably the better football player and is throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd against the NFC West. Not close.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

OpenFieldAhead
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby OpenFieldAhead » Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 am

TheOracle wrote:As a fantasy player it's not even close. Kolb is probably the better football player and is throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd against the NFC West. Not close.
Considering Kolb did absolutely nothing last year and hasn't locked down the starting spot in AZ, not sure I would say it's not even close! Throwing to Fitzgerald, Roberts, Doucet, and Floyd isn't a bad situation, but Weeden seems to have just as good of shot to be an opening day starter as Kolb.
12 Team- PPR Dynasty, QB,2-3RB,3-4WR,1-2TE,K,DEF
QB: KCousins, CKaepernick
RB: DJohnson, DMurray, KDixon, DBooker, CThompson, JWilliams
WR: MEvans, SWatkins, KAllen, TMontgomery, WFuller, MLee, KWhite, JDoctson, CPatterson, DFunchess
TE: DWalker, CBrate, VDavis, ASJ
DEF: Carolina
2016 Picks: 1.09, 1.10, 2.09, 2.10, 3.09, 4.05, 4.09, 4.10

lake3711
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lake3711 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:04 am

TheOracle wrote:What's the highest draft pick you would trade for Kevin Kolb? Because Kolb is better than Weeden right now and he's a year younger.
I would only trade a 3rd rounder for Kolb, but that is irrelevant. I like Weeden better than Kolb. Who cares how young Kolb is? Kolb will probably be a career backup by the time he is Weeden's age.
12 Team PPR, QB 6points Pass TD, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex

QB: Justin Herbert, Sam Darnold
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, D'Andre Swift, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, D'Onta Foreman
WR: DK Metcalf, Christian Watson, Nuk Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Brandon Aiyuk, Gabe Davis
TE: Greg Dulcich, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson