The Curious Case of Keon Coleman

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Curious Case of Keon Coleman

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:46 pm

kadun2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 pm I see a very fluid athlete with good strength. Has that bball background too. Those guys have skills that many times translate well to nfl. Head on straight is the biggest plus imo
I feel like I have no hard proof or seen correlation on other sports translating, but I feel good about that in a profile. Basketball for WR/TE, baseball for QB, etc

DynastyDog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDog » Tue May 14, 2024 5:51 pm

I really liked Coleman going into the fantasy draft and thought that I would end up with him at my draft position later in the 1st round. I ended up getting Rome by moving up and had the new Coleman owner offer him to me for James Cook. I declined and that is the point I realized I was not as high on him as I was going into the draft.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 pm

I can definitely see a world in which Coleman succeeds. He seems to comp well to Tee Higgins, and while we remember the latter days of Alshon Jeffery and even Kenny Golladay as giant disappointments, each of them in their heyday had monster moments.

However, I do feel like he’s getting drafted with that expectation. Doesn’t mean he’s getting overdrafted necessarily, but let’s not pretend he’s a value pick at all. He’s going ahead of all the 1st rounders except the big 3, in almost every draft. He’s always going ahead of the RBs usually.

*Gulp*
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:18 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 pm I can definitely see a world in which Coleman succeeds. He seems to comp well to Tee Higgins, and while we remember the latter days of Alshon Jeffery and even Kenny Golladay as giant disappointments, each of them in their heyday had monster moments.

However, I do feel like he’s getting drafted with that expectation. Doesn’t mean he’s getting overdrafted necessarily, but let’s not pretend he’s a value pick at all. He’s going ahead of all the 1st rounders except the big 3, in almost every draft. He’s always going ahead of the RBs usually.

*Gulp*
Is he really going ahead of Thomas? He's definitely being overdrafted if that's the case. Not to mention 2 RB should go ahead of Coleman as well

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 16, 2024 4:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:18 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 pm I can definitely see a world in which Coleman succeeds. He seems to comp well to Tee Higgins, and while we remember the latter days of Alshon Jeffery and even Kenny Golladay as giant disappointments, each of them in their heyday had monster moments.

*Gulp*
Is he really going ahead of Thomas? He's definitely being overdrafted if that's the case. Not to mention 2 RB should go ahead of Coleman as well
Not in our 1QB league. He went 1.11 and that still feels a little too high.

Menace2010
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Menace2010 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 am

He just went 1.05 in our 1QB, 16 Team League to a Bills fan. I'll happily take a few others dropping down the board in this scenario.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 16, 2024 5:26 am

Menace2010 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 am He just went 1.05 in our 1QB, 16 Team League to a Bills fan. I'll happily take a few others dropping down the board in this scenario.
I’m just shaking my head when I see this kind of stuff. I’ve gone back and watched more film wondering what I’m not seeing that others are. It looks like I’m still missing it. I’m not finding anything compelling that is swaying me to moving him up over guys that I’m seeing that are more talented and better football players.

He’s so reminiscent of Mingo except that he isn’t nearly as adverse to contact that Mingo is, but despite his size and mass he does struggle with it badly. His route running skills are so bad that they’re at the point of being almost laughable - they were literally so at the Combine. NFL CBs are just going to blanket him and muscle him around despite his size, and that straight line speed won’t phase them at all. I don’t see a scenario where he can regularly beat NFL coverage on the outside.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 16, 2024 5:47 am

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu May 16, 2024 7:26 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:26 am
Menace2010 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 am He just went 1.05 in our 1QB, 16 Team League to a Bills fan. I'll happily take a few others dropping down the board in this scenario.
I’m just shaking my head when I see this kind of stuff. I’ve gone back and watched more film wondering what I’m not seeing that others are. It looks like I’m still missing it. I’m not finding anything compelling that is swaying me to moving him up over guys that I’m seeing that are more talented and better football players.

He’s so reminiscent of Mingo except that he isn’t nearly as adverse to contact that Mingo is, but despite his size and mass he does struggle with it badly. His route running skills are so bad that they’re at the point of being almost laughable - they were literally so at the Combine. NFL CBs are just going to blanket him and muscle him around despite his size, and that straight line speed won’t phase them at all. I don’t see a scenario where he can regularly beat NFL coverage on the outside.
Agreed, 1.05 is WAY early.

This is really going to come down to Allen. Can Allen 'throw him open', because he's not displayed (yet) the makings of a stud NFL receiver.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 16, 2024 7:27 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:47 am Image
That flat route though :drool:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 16, 2024 7:35 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:27 am
That flat route though :drool:
:lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 16, 2024 7:39 am

I guess the other 83% category were his 12 receiving TD's. There are reasons scouts discount graphs like these. At least he had a game manager QB that was drafted in round 5 even with his 26.2 errant throw rate of catch-able passes thrown in the dirt or stands or at the ref..... .....see what I did there! 8-)
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:05 am

Ice wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:39 am
I guess the other 83% category were his 12 receiving TD's. There are reasons scouts discount graphs like these. At least he had a game manager QB that was drafted in round 5 even with his 26.2 errant throw rate of catch-able passes thrown in the dirt or stands or at the ref..... .....see what I did there! 8-)
It’s fair to disagree with RP if that’s your opinion. But those success charts have nothing to do with his QB play or the stats he puts up. Simply one guy’s opinion on whether he won the route or not, regardless if he was thrown the ball.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:37 am

You're obviously watching too much film. Just go watch the highlights. I'm sure he will do all of those circus catches and running free numerous times on an NFL stage, per game. At least, that's my best guess why he's going so high for some (and the Allen effect).

I wanted to comp him to Mingo at one point as well, but there's just a little more juice here imo. Honestly most of that is probably Josh Allen though. Early declare, earlier breakout, but both left more to be desired from a production point. Both would kill it as big slots, but they're going to the outside.

I believe the discussion last year was Mingo v Reed and we both sided Reed. I'm curious if you have both Ladd and Pearsall above Coleman.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 16, 2024 9:27 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:37 am

You're obviously watching too much film. Just go watch the highlights. I'm sure he will do all of those circus catches and running free numerous times on an NFL stage, per game. At least, that's my best guess why he's going so high for some (and the Allen effect).

I wanted to comp him to Mingo at one point as well, but there's just a little more juice here imo. Honestly most of that is probably Josh Allen though. Early declare, earlier breakout, but both left more to be desired from a production point. Both would kill it as big slots, but they're going to the outside.

I believe the discussion last year was Mingo v Reed and we both sided Reed. I'm curious if you have both Ladd and Pearsall above Coleman.
I do have both above Coleman.