General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby TheTroll » Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:45 pm
mild wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm If the Bears do finally break through and make the playoffs in 2024, can we agree to let this thread die, and just treat them like the other 31 teams in the league?

Just curious.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you can't love the All Things Bears thread for it's first 100 pages, then you don't DESERVE it's next 100 pages!
Right?
The Bears have a long history. This will never die! 😝
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 pm

TheTroll wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 pm
mild wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you can't love the All Things Bears thread for it's first 100 pages, then you don't DESERVE it's next 100 pages!
Right?
Bears won't die, but they do hibernate.
Sorry about that.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 10:15 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 pm
TheTroll wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 pm

Right?
Bears won't die, but they do hibernate.
Sorry about that.
LOL I think we've been in hibernation long enough.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu May 09, 2024 2:31 am

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 09, 2024 4:57 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm If the Bears do finally break through and make the playoffs in 2024, can we agree to let this thread die, and just treat them like the other 31 teams in the league?

Just curious.
Just be thankful that all this *stuff* is contained within this thread instead of scattered across the entire board like a bad case of explosive diarrhea like it used to be.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 09, 2024 5:14 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:53 pm It's called anticipation. Fields was rarely ahead of his WRs.

I will happily make another avatar bet. O/U at 8 wins. I'll take the over. OR we are definitely NOT in 4th place in the NFC north. pick one.
This is actually a tough decision. I trying to decide which one would be best to hold you to.

Conventional money says it's probably the win total. But the 4th place thing... I find it improbable that you'll be 1st or 2nd in the NFC North (Vegas agrees)... and then it's just a coin flip...

Anyone wildly object to holding Wick to the 4th place in the North part of that?

I'm pretty happy to cast my lot with a team that has Justin Jefferson, Kevin O'Connell and Brian Flores, just personally.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

mild wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:14 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:53 pm It's called anticipation. Fields was rarely ahead of his WRs.

I will happily make another avatar bet. O/U at 8 wins. I'll take the over. OR we are definitely NOT in 4th place in the NFC north. pick one.
This is actually a tough decision. I trying to decide which one would be best to hold you to.

Conventional money says it's probably the win total. But the 4th place thing... I find it improbable that you'll be 1st or 2nd in the NFC North (Vegas agrees)... and then it's just a coin flip...

Anyone wildly object to holding Wick to the 4th place in the North part of that?

I'm pretty happy to cast my lot with a team that has Justin Jefferson, Kevin O'Connell and Brian Flores, just personally.
If you think the Bears have a good shot at 4th place, then I don't see why you wouldn't take under 8 wins either. The division is looking up, but no way all 4 teams end with a winning record. This isn't the AFC North :ewink:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 am

I’m curious what makes you feel this way. Williams held the ball before throwing as long as, if not longer, than Fields the past 2 years. Anticipation and processing were clearly weak spots in his play.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 09, 2024 9:04 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:57 am

Just curious.
Just be thankful that all this *stuff* is contained within this thread instead of scattered across the entire board like a bad case of explosive diarrhea like it used to be.
Truth. It's a very easy thread to avoid if you want to LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:14 am

I’m curious what makes you feel this way. Williams held the ball before throwing as long as, if not longer, than Fields the past 2 years. Anticipation and processing were clearly weak spots in his play.
In the film I've seen, his college tape, and recent practices, it's much different to me. IF Caleb is holding it, he's working through his progressions and then hitting his WRs in stride, or leading them. Fields used to hold it, locked in on one guy, waiting for him to get open, and then throwing behind him. Fields was decent, but I think CW is much better. I haven't watched EXTENSIVE tape but I think from what I've seen CW is much better at it—and more accurate on the short passes, he'll often take what he can get, too.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 am

Rookie mini cap opens tomorrow. Warm up the hype train.

15-2. 4 thousand yard receivers, 2 thousand yard backs and a 1 Lombardi trophy. Write it down in ink
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am

81- wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 am Rookie mini cap opens tomorrow. Warm up the hype train.

15-2. 4 thousand yard receivers, 2 thousand yard backs and a 1 Lombardi trophy. Write it down in ink
I know this is hyperbole but who's your 4th 1k yard receiver? Kmet?!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:10 pm

81- wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 am Rookie mini cap opens tomorrow. Warm up the hype train.

LOL even I won't say that. BUT I wouldn't be surprised if DJM, Allen, and Odunze added up to 3,000+ yards.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:38 pm

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
• Has elite overall arm talent and make pretty much any throw even when off balance - has a Mahomes vibe to his play
• Put up ridiculous numbers in 2022 at USC where he rightfully won the Heisman
• Has an almost unique ability to pull off spectacular plays and saves his best for when the chips are down
• His play doesn't drop off when under pressure - made an array of quality passes while trying to avoid a heavy pass rush
• His play is consistently top-notch despite being on a team with serious OL problems and only limited blocking help from backs
• He’s a huge threat with his legs - his play-fakes are outstanding, and Williams has the ability to manipulate safeties with his eyes.
• He’s a pure athlete, loose-limbed and flexible. Williams has the speed to pick up yardage in scramble situations.
Elite accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
• Williams is also a patient pocket passer who gets through his progressions given time and space.
• Natural leader who will put the game on his back - very mature player
• Williams moves effectively and can throw on the run. He’s at his best on bootlegs, showing zip and accuracy on those throws.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
• Doesn't have the prototypical size for the position standing just 6-1 and weighing in at 215 lbs - may be an injury risk going forward especially considering his play style
• Has played exclusively in the shotgun - at the moment he would be a work in progress as a dropback passer
• His mechanics are hit-or-miss and his footwork needs cleaning up - although most of these issues are hidden by his arm talent
• Williams tends to hold the ball loosely and away from his body, putting him at risk for strip sacks.

PLAYER COMPARISON
Shorter - Patrick Mahomes
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu May 09, 2024 12:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am

I know this is hyperbole but who's your 4th 1k yard receiver? Kmet?!
Kmet, Rome, Allen, DJ

Swift and Herbert both top 1k on the ground.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27