George Pickens, where did we go wrong?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: George Pickens, where did we go wrong?

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 am This is gonna be the new Gabe Davis thread isn't it?
Pickens with Josh Allen would be something, I'll say that.

I'll give a prediction for this year. Assuming 17 games played, of course.

78/1280/8
Keon’s got you.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm

I believe the main problem that keeps me from saying it's a slam dunk that Pickens will outproduce his stat line from last year is that he's such a volatile producer.

He garnered 60% of his year long production in 5 games. All it takes for him to see similar numbers this year is one of those games to not happen and he could be in for a disappointing season.

Sure, things are setting up for him to be in a better situation this year but I'm just not that confident that he's proven to be a top tier talent only held back by his situation and see a world where he more or less stays the same.

He is relatively young (so improvement is realistic) and no longer has to compete with a proven target hog at the NFL level but if the expected outcome is 1200+ yards in an Arthur Smith offense tethered to 2024 Russ or (even worse) Fields I'm betting the under every time.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:18 pm

I'm generally out on Pickens because I don't believe he's got the personality necessary to succeed in the NFL long-term. Seems liable to do something dumb on- or off-field that hurts his production.

I'm potentially reading too far into limited information, but I also question if he'll be dedicated enough to his craft to maximize the obvious talent.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:06 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:18 pm I'm generally out on Pickens because I don't believe he's got the personality necessary to succeed in the NFL long-term. Seems liable to do something dumb on- or off-field that hurts his production.

I'm potentially reading too far into limited information, but I also question if he'll be dedicated enough to his craft to maximize the obvious talent.
Don't think you are reading too far at all. There's a reason a guy with his talent went 2nd rd