CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:36 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:10 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:11 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:16 am

There is little chance Caleb isn't the 1.01. A bad team is going to get a very good QB.
With possibly a 5 cent head.
I don’t follow college ball that closely. What has Caleb been doing that gives you the idea he has a 5 cent head.
His dad says he will stay in school if the wrong team gets the 1.01. Then CW said he wanted % ownership of the team that takes him. Didn't read the interview where he said it, because I don't care in the slightlest, but I'm sure the media hasn't completely twisted it for clicks.

He's going 1.01. Let's be real.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:19 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:36 pm

I don’t follow college ball that closely. What has Caleb been doing that gives you the idea he has a 5 cent head.
His dad says he will stay in school if the wrong team gets the 1.01. Then CW said he wanted % ownership of the team that takes him. Didn't read the interview where he said it, because I don't care in the slightlest, but I'm sure the media hasn't completely twisted it for clicks.

I mean, if Caleb IS the second coming of Christ, and the Bears can get Harrison, too, the screw it—give him 1% of all future earnings of the team. Hire Harbaugh and take a run at it. Move Fields for picks/OL/DE.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:20 pm

Also he paints his fingernails different colours like PINK and MAUVE and that's WEEEEEIRD.

:roll:

(Old people finding they can't relate to a 21 year old star-athlete is a tale as old as time, fade this guy for dumb non-reasons at your peril imo)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:22 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:20 pm

Also he paints his fingernails different colours like PINK and MAUVE and that's WEEEEEIRD.

(Old people finding they can't relate to a 21 year old star-athlete is a tale as old as time, fade this guy for dumb non-reasons at your peril imo)
Get off my lawn.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Why is he isolating himself from his teammates after a loss and not uplifting them and going around and giving everyone high fives? :x :x

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:29 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Why is he isolating himself from his teammates after a loss and not uplifting them and going around and giving everyone high fives? :x :x
Because he is no Tim Tebow. :lol:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Add when he got roasted by ND and a fan was trolling him, his response was in essence, Everybody wants to be me, I’m the lion and you fans are all sheep. Hey, you just got your head handed to you by a team that isn’t exactly awesome. How about an iota of humility?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:15 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Add when he got roasted by ND and a fan was trolling him, his response was in essence, Everybody wants to be me, I’m the lion and you fans are all sheep. Hey, you just got your head handed to you by a team that isn’t exactly awesome. How about an iota of humility?
Yeah, he's fun to watch, but he's not exactly a likeable dude. That could be said about quite a few players, though, to be fair. He's a kid who's been told he's the greatest for a long time, by everybody around him. Not uncommon for young people heaped with praise to have an ego.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:15 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Yeah, he's fun to watch, but he's not exactly a likeable dude. That could be said about quite a few players, though, to be fair. He's a kid who's been told he's the greatest for a long time, by everybody around him. Not uncommon for young people heaped with praise to have an ego.
I’m okay with a player being a Richard - as long as they can back it up when they need to step up against the big boys. I don’t think Williams can make that claim. If that continues to be the case, he’ll lose the locker room at the next level.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:31 am

Trey Benson is starting to catch passes. Just took a screen 80 yards for the TD.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:19 am

Lumps wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:31 am Trey Benson is starting to catch passes. Just took a screen 80 yards for the TD.
I’m an FSU fan. People are going to sleep on Benson thinking he’s just a bruiser. He’s not a very agile back…but otherwise a pretty complete player. Jordan Travis is a guy I want on my team in the NFL as well. Unbelievably mature, elite pocket presence and ability to make plays out of the picket, very accurate. He doesn’t have a cannon arm but I think he has enough to be a starter.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:45 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:19 am
Lumps wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:31 am Trey Benson is starting to catch passes. Just took a screen 80 yards for the TD.
I’m an FSU fan. People are going to sleep on Benson thinking he’s just a bruiser. He’s not a very agile back…but otherwise a pretty complete player.
Well, they’ll sleep on him until the combine. I suspect we will see a lot more interest in him post combine. He’s going to put up a really nice 40 and probably good jumps. He’s gonna weigh 210-220.

The contact balance is just unreal with his speed. Rarely takes a solid hit, unless it’s him delivering it.

Hopefully, the knee checks out with medicals. He’ll be far removed by then and does not show any signs of it bothering him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:18 pm

Meh-deur Sanders tonight.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:18 pm Meh-deur Sanders tonight.
The swaggiest 4-8 team of all time

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:54 pm

Treveyon Henderson was back fully healthy tonight and looked amazing. If he could just stay healthy he would be the clear cut #1 in this class.