Jordan Love: Superflex talk

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jordan Love: Superflex talk

Postby Sriracha » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:16 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:10 pm
Shcritters wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:42 pm During a startup basically traded him for a random 2024 1st. At this point wish I had that back and kept Love.

Honestly surprised - didn't think he'd be this solid.
I sold for some devy picks. Could I have gotten more now? Probably. But it just as easily could have turned the other way as well. The process was sound, since it was like startup round 14 or something when I took him.

I haven’t watched the games or highlights, but I did hear some of was manufactured or receivers doing the work. I have no facts on this. Long season left and things could still go any way possible.
He's had some bumps on the road but anyone saying this is "manufactured" or the result of his receivers doing the work are reaching. He's shown a strong command of the offense and knows where to go with the football while showing good eye manipulation and defensive awareness. His ball placement over the middle of the field has been exceptional and is a big reason why his receivers have been able to generate YAC.

His WR1 is Romeo Doubs on a pitch count and he had no running game last week with Aaron Jones out.. other than Aaron Jones in week 1 he's throwing to a bunch of rookies. He's been very impressive through two weeks and I'd expect his play to improve with the return of Watson.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:22 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:16 pm
Lumps wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:10 pm
Shcritters wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:42 pm During a startup basically traded him for a random 2024 1st. At this point wish I had that back and kept Love.

Honestly surprised - didn't think he'd be this solid.
I sold for some devy picks. Could I have gotten more now? Probably. But it just as easily could have turned the other way as well. The process was sound, since it was like startup round 14 or something when I took him.

I haven’t watched the games or highlights, but I did hear some of was manufactured or receivers doing the work. I have no facts on this. Long season left and things could still go any way possible.
He's had some bumps on the road but anyone saying this is "manufactured" or the result of his receivers doing the work are reaching. He's shown a strong command of the offense and knows where to go with the football while showing good eye manipulation and defensive awareness. His ball placement over the middle of the field has been exceptional and is a big reason why his receivers have been able to generate YAC.

His WR1 is Romeo Doubs on a pitch count and he had no running game last week with Aaron Jones out.. other than Aaron Jones in week 1 he's throwing to a bunch of rookies. He's been very impressive through two weeks and I'd expect his play to improve with the return of Watson.
Agreed. For a guy without his WR1 inactive, his WR2 nursing an injury, and one of the best RBs inactive, he's done well. Happy to have him where I do. Wish I had bought him for almost free prior to the end of last year.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:13 pm

Hoping Love to Reed is a huge stack one day. Liking what I've seen so far

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:21 pm

I know I'm banging the drum really loudly for this guy, but he looked good again without his WR1, RB1 (who might be second on the team in receptions at the end of the season), and the left side of his offensive line. Offense sputtered in the 4th which is partially on him, but I think there's a good chance he's a startup round 2 pick next year in Superflex.

On KTC he's QB13. Watson and Fields are two people ranked above him I could see falling below him over the course of the season.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:45 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:21 pm I know I'm banging the drum really loudly for this guy, but he looked good again without his WR1, RB1 (who might be second on the team in receptions at the end of the season), and the left side of his offensive line. Offense sputtered in the 4th which is partially on him, but I think there's a good chance he's a startup round 2 pick next year in Superflex.

On KTC he's QB13. Watson and Fields are two people ranked above him I could see falling below him over the course of the season.
He definitely looked good for most of the game but showed some chinks in the armor in the 2nd half; The QB sneak where he used the wrong words to audible and he just rammed into his O-line's asses and the final drive where made the wrong read throwing to a covered Reed down the left sideline instead of the wide open Doubs going to his right.

The Falcons were playing tight all game and the Packers just didn't have the weapons to capitalize. Watson would've been the answer here but he's still sidelined with the Hamstring injury.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:51 pm

He was a bleep prospect but he’s been really good so far. He’s throwing from different platforms and angles and making big plays in tight spots.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:03 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:10 pm I haven’t watched the games or highlights, but I did hear some of was manufactured or receivers doing the work. I have no facts on this. Long season left and things could still go any way possible.
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/qb.php

He's literally the QB2 in Fantasy scoring through two weeks.

There's no way to cut that other than as "extremely impressive" given who his weapons are, and how much of an unknown he was prior to the season.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:18 pm

His only downside is that he doesn’t throw to the TE much…

Says a so-far disappointed Musgrave owner 🤣
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:49 pm

Is anyone concerned with his 56% completion and under 200 yards per game passing? Seems he is propped up by touchdowns currently (which I’m not saying is bad).

I haven’t watched either, so honestly curious.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:56 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:49 pm Is anyone concerned with his 56% completion and under 200 yards per game passing? Seems he is propped up by touchdowns currently (which I’m not saying is bad).

I haven’t watched either, so honestly curious.
Not really. 3 incompletions were at the end of the game this week, in chuck it an pray mode. His lack of weapons are the thing that concerns me, but Watson should help. He looks poised. He missing guys where only his guy can get it, and there hasn't been tons of separation by these unproven WR's. Zero turnovers and he's only taken 2 sacks.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:41 pm

Nobody worried that he’s played two of the worst passing defenses in the league based on 2022 passing yards per attempt allowed in the Bears (32nd) and the Falcons (29th)? Baker Mayfield just lit up the Bears, so they clearly are still in the running for worst in the league. The Falcons might have improved, but until I see Carolina’s offense do something I’m hesitant to believe their shutting down the Panthers is all that impressive.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:44 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:41 pm Nobody worried that he’s played two of the worst passing defenses in the league based on 2022 passing yards per attempt allowed in the Bears (32nd) and the Falcons (29th)? Baker Mayfield just lit up the Bears, so they clearly are still in the running for worst in the league. The Falcons might have improved, but until I see Carolina’s offense do something I’m hesitant to believe their shutting down the Panthers is all that impressive.
All valid points which is why no one is crowned in September. Except Puka.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:45 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:41 pm Nobody worried that he’s played two of the worst passing defenses in the league based on 2022 passing yards per attempt allowed in the Bears (32nd) and the Falcons (29th)? Baker Mayfield just lit up the Bears, so they clearly are still in the running for worst in the league. The Falcons might have improved, but until I see Carolina’s offense do something I’m hesitant to believe their shutting down the Panthers is all that impressive.
No, I don't. He's done very well, considering. Baker has Evans and Godwin. It's night and day. Love has been very impressive under the circumstances. He's not trying to play hero ball. He's been efficient, and thrown 6 TD's, has only taken 2 sacks and hasn't turned it over. He put up 24 on the road, the Pack's D couldn't get it done, or they would have won.

It's been a very promising 2 games. He looks poised. He looks like a guy who "gets it".

There is definitely room for growth, but he's done well through 2 games. I'm sure he'll have some down games, but this is a really great start to his career, as a starter.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:45 pm
No, I don't. He's done very well, considering. Baker has Evans and Godwin. It's night and day. Love has been very impressive under the circumstances. He's not trying to play hero ball. He's been efficient, and thrown 6 TD's, has only taken 2 sacks and hasn't turned it over. He put up 24 on the road, the Pack's D couldn't get it done, or they would have won.

It's been a very promising 2 games. He looks poised. He looks like a guy who "gets it".

There is definitely room for growth, but he's done well through 2 games. I'm sure he'll have some down games, but this is a really great start to his career, as a starter.
The receiver help is nice, but the biggest question mark for me will be how he holds up under pressure. He’s had pressure on only just over 10% of his dropbacks and two sacks. I think most QBs can work fairly efficiently with that kind of protection.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:20 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:57 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:45 pm

The receiver help is nice, but the biggest question mark for me will be how he holds up under pressure. He’s had pressure on only just over 10% of his dropbacks and two sacks. I think most QBs can work fairly efficiently with that kind of protection.
He’s been natural and smooth escaping the picket and getting the ball in just the right placement. Again it was against bad D’s.