Pickens trade- go for it?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Pickens trade- go for it?

Postby Madcity_matt » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:11 am

Hey all it's been a minute. Please could use your help on this one.

14 team SF (PPC, PPR, TE 2PPR, WR 1.25 PPR)
Starts QB, SF, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, FLEX

Current major pieces:
QB: Lamar, Tua, Stafford,
RB: JT23, Pacheco, Dillon, Charbonnet, Hubbard
WR: Watson, Batemon, Pittman, Hodgins, Marshall, McKenzie
TE: Goeddert, McBride, Likely, Washington

Offer of my 24 first for Pickens. Clearly helps my team, but is my roster strong enough to make the 1st a late one with Pickens into the mix?

Thanks!!

ElijahGemstone
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Pickens trade- go for it?

Postby ElijahGemstone » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:33 am

I love Pickens. But can you target a more reliable WR? I'd rather trade a 24 1st for Dotson etc. Honestly I think you need a WR1 so try to package something with that 24 1st. Pickens won't anchor your WR room

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:50 am

Pickens is an intriguing piece to acquire but only if the price is right. Based on your overall build, it's tough to project where your 1st will land. I can see it mid but if injuries hit, it could be early. I would hold here unless you find a different price.

Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Postby Madcity_matt » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:21 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:50 am Pickens is an intriguing piece to acquire but only if the price is right. Based on your overall build, it's tough to project where your 1st will land. I can see it mid but if injuries hit, it could be early. I would hold here unless you find a different price.
undoubtedly. In a deep 14 man league, any team can look good on paper but a couple of big injuries and it could be a top 4 pick.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:23 am

If it was any other year I would say go for it. I am really liking Pickens and its a fair offer, but you are taking all the risk. Maybe ask for his 2nd rounder and add your 3rd?
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Postby Madcity_matt » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 am

was able to add Sutton to add some back end depth to my WR room. Likely will pass on this for now on and revisit midseason if I'm pushing.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:42 am

I don't know if everybody here is asking or answers the right question. Your roster is not a bottom 5 roster, so I think the question should be "Will the value of Pickens increase beyond that of a top 5 pick next year?"

I think it's very likely that Pickens value increases. DJ has hit a plateau, and Pickett-Pickens combination has a second year to grow that necessary QB-WR connection. It's also the third year for this offense to work together under OC Matt Canada.

On average, Pickens is being selected around the same time as the 7th overall rookie in startups. I think it's very likely that his value will increase. If that happens and your team performs well, your first rounder may not even be enough to acquire Pickens midseason, as you suggest.

What do you think? Do you believe Pickens value will increase? I do. If you disagree, then you can go about your day and you'll be fine. If you agree his value will increase, then you should disregard the eliteness of your team and make this trade today.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:51 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:42 am I don't know if everybody here is asking or answers the right question. Your roster is not a bottom 5 roster, so I think the question should be "Will the value of Pickens increase beyond that of a top 5 pick next year?"

I think it's very likely that Pickens value increases. DJ has hit a plateau, and Pickett-Pickens combination has a second year to grow that necessary QB-WR connection. It's also the third year for this offense to work together under OC Matt Canada.

On average, Pickens is being selected around the same time as the 7th overall rookie in startups. I think it's very likely that his value will increase. If that happens and your team performs well, your first rounder may not even be enough to acquire Pickens midseason, as you suggest.

What do you think? Do you believe Pickens value will increase? I do. If you disagree, then you can go about your day and you'll be fine. If you agree his value will increase, then you should disregard the eliteness of your team and make this trade today.
Another way of looking at it is do you think Pickens is a better player to have on your team than:

1. C. Williams
2. MHjr
3. D Maye
4. Sanders
5. Henderson
6. Bowers
7. Egbuka
8. Allen
9. Worthy
10. Nabors

I am not sure I would want him before any of them.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:07 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:51 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:42 am I don't know if everybody here is asking or answers the right question. Your roster is not a bottom 5 roster, so I think the question should be "Will the value of Pickens increase beyond that of a top 5 pick next year?"

Another way of looking at it is do you think Pickens is a better player to have on your team than:

1. C. Williams
2. MHjr
3. D Maye
4. Sanders
5. Henderson
6. Bowers
7. Egbuka
8. Allen
9. Worthy
10. Nabors

I am not sure I would want him before any of them.
I like putting it like that. And obv you hope you have a pick after those. I think your team is pretty strong for a 14 team SF. Just having those QBs will keep you mid pack even with other injuries to different positions.

I agree with Mike, you aren't a bottom 4 team unless you decide to just sell the farm. in which case you would probably target your 1st before you start the fire sale.

I'm not onboard with Pickens though so while Mike thinks he goes up, I'm not convinced. You will have to trust your own assessment of him on this one.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 pm

Madcity_matt wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 am was able to add Sutton to add some back end depth to my WR room. Likely will pass on this for now on and revisit midseason if I'm pushing.
Smart move here, I'm not sure I'm ready to offer up a 1st for Pickens yet.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:26 pm

dblj1199 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 pm
Madcity_matt wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 am was able to add Sutton to add some back end depth to my WR room. Likely will pass on this for now on and revisit midseason if I'm pushing.
Smart move here, I'm not sure I'm ready to offer up a 1st for Pickens yet.
X2
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5