Breece Hall thread (1.01)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Breece Hall thread (1.01)

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:08 am

Jacobs was undervalued last year. Now, he's fairly value probably. I don't love the buy right now. Last year was probably the peak.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:24 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:08 am Jacobs was undervalued last year. Now, he's fairly value probably. I don't love the buy right now. Last year was probably the peak.
Jacobs has had RB1 seasons the past 3 years in a row, and has been under-valued the whole time.
Maybe his value is up now, but no one is buying, so is it really up?

I own Jacobs in 2 leagues for years, and have never received anything but garbage offers for him, like he was considered a low end RB2.
This year there has been no interest in him at all.
I'll just continue to hold, no problem.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:46 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:24 am
dynastyninja wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:08 am Jacobs was undervalued last year. Now, he's fairly value probably. I don't love the buy right now. Last year was probably the peak.
Jacobs has had RB1 seasons the past 3 years in a row, and has been under-valued the whole time.
Maybe his value is up now, but no one is buying, so is it really up?

I own Jacobs in 2 leagues for years, and have never received anything but garbage offers for him, like he was considered a low end RB2.
This year there has been no interest in him at all.
I'll just continue to hold, no problem.
Yep. I remember a year or two ago, I was saying I'd rather have him than Akers (when he was top 5), Javonte coming into last season (pre Javonte injury, when he was top 5), in a vacuum. The value for Jacobs has been crazy the last few years. He was around RB20 for too long, and he just kept producing. Led me to a title last year. Classic example of a guy who's just better on your roster than trying to trade him, because people didn't value him to what his consistent production was. Never made sense to me, he was young, he was productive, had the draft pedigree and size to be a workhorse back, and yet, people wanted the shiny new toys over him, and then some.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:52 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:43 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:32 am How would a Dalvin Cook signing affect Hall's value, to you? Is the injury a bigger factor than Cook would be?
Jets were interested in Gibbs in the first round. Says a lot about how they hope to manage Hall's health and workload going forward. Also, just seems to be an evolving trend in the league to have two strong backs instead of one.
Yup. Start 3 RB, giving some sort of scoring for carries etc. are all things that are going to be more popular if it's PPR, to give RB's more value in a league, with how the trends are going. PPR was initially created to give WR's more value, in a time where RB's were kings of the league, and the NFL has completely shifted it's priorities since then. Standard PPR leagues are going to be new NON PPR, soon, the way things are trending.
If the future of RB is no workhorses, we'd see the position doing the same as WRs are now. Few get high consistent volume, either. If teams shift to more an RB stable, then efficiency per touch becomes more important than sheer volume.

If the Jets intend to platoon RB with guys like Breece, Dalvin, Izzy, who can all break runs, the snap share could help these Pollard like Ferraris healthy and explosive.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:09 pm

If the NFL doesn’t value RBs…should we?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:06 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:09 pm If the NFL doesn’t value RBs…should we?
I've been thinking 1 RB starting spot could become more normal for fantasy. That or just adding more WR/TE and flexes

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:06 am
I've been thinking 1 RB starting spot could become more normal for fantasy. That or just adding more WR/TE and flexes
I'm on the other end. I'd love to see more mandatory start 3RB leagues. That would increase the fantasy value of the T20 RBs, whereas today, only about the top 6-8 are truly valued. With more start 3RB leagues, you go zeroRB at your own peril.

RB play is still important to nearly every NFL team. It's just that teams don't want to pay 26-27 year old RBs T10RB money any more - but notice how many free agent veteran RBs attract interest from NFL teams. NFL teams highly desire the skill and veteran ability these guys add to a team, as long as they don't have to pay long-term high-dollar contracts for it. Intelligent fantasy commissioners can tweak the rules to ensure RBs remain important in fantasy as well.

Or, if a commissioner doesn't want to go with a mandatory start 3RB rule, tweak the scoring rules to ensure that RB20-RB35 align with the scoring of fantasy WR15-30. Fantasy scoring is tweaked all the time. But for some reason, people seem to dislike the idea of tweaking scoring in favor of RBs. Time for that mindset to change.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:28 am

I'd go the other way, make it 3. That's the way to create more value for them. I don't want to play in leagues where WR's carry the only value. That and QB if it's SF. TE Premium is becoming normal, because it adds value to the TE spot, so going start 3 RB makes more sense to add value to the RB. That, or adjust RB scoring for carries, don't use simple PPR formula, etc. Get creative with scoring.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:23 am
I'm on the other end. I'd love to see more mandatory start 3RB leagues. That would increase the fantasy value of the T20 RBs, whereas today, only about the top 6-8 are truly valued. With more start 3RB leagues, you go zeroRB at your own peril.

RB play is still important to nearly every NFL team. It's just that teams don't want to pay 26-27 year old RBs T10RB money any more - but notice how many free agent veteran RBs attract interest from NFL teams. NFL teams highly desire the skill and veteran ability these guys add to a team, as long as they don't have to pay long-term high-dollar contracts for it. Intelligent fantasy commissioners can tweak the rules to ensure RBs remain important in fantasy as well.

Or, if a commissioner doesn't want to go with a mandatory start 3RB rule, tweak the scoring rules to ensure that RB20-RB35 align with the scoring of fantasy WR15-30. Fantasy scoring is tweaked all the time. But for some reason, people seem to dislike the idea of tweaking scoring in favor of RBs. Time for that mindset to change.
I’ve been making carries a valuable stat for a few years to give those back end guys who get carries but who may not punch it in some value. Most of my leagues are .2 or .25 per carry. This will help.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow R Wilson, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, G Dortch,
TE: M Andrews, Fant , L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, P Washington, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:35 pm

My longest running redraft is a start 3 RB. Honestly doesn't change my draft philosophy too much. Only difference is if I go WR heavy early I draft a lot more mid round RB's. I still don't reach early based on position. I hold the #2 pick this year and hope I get JJ, ensuring I won't get a true RB1. I am good with that and will make up for it later in the draft. I think if it was start 1 RB I would devalue taking a RB a ton.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts