Kendre Miller Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kendre Miller Thread

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:29 am

What is it going to take to take to trade for him if you missed in the draft?

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:49 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:29 am What is it going to take to take to trade for him if you missed in the draft?
You going to have to get into his current owner’s head. Did he draft Miller late in the 1st because he believes in the talent or in the middle of the 2nd because he was the BPA.

Right now per trade calculators his trade value is roughly equivalent to a middling WR3. Start with an offer of a solid player in that neck of the woods and be prepared to maybe up the ante to the value of a low end WR2. It’s going to come down to your opinion of him and what your squeal point is.

If Kamara gets disciplined, which I believe to be very likely, his value is going to climb. IMO because I strongly believe in his talent I would not let him get to mid-TC or into the PS.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:19 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:49 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:29 am What is it going to take to take to trade for him if you missed in the draft?
You going to have to get into his current owner’s head. Did he draft Miller late in the 1st because he believes in the talent or in the middle of the 2nd because he was the BPA.

Right now per trade calculators his trade value is roughly equivalent to a middling WR3. Start with an offer of a solid player in that neck of the woods and be prepared to maybe up the ante to the value of a low end WR2. It’s going to come down to your opinion of him and what your squeal point is.

If Kamara gets disciplined, which I believe to be very likely, his value is going to climb. IMO because I strongly believe in his talent I would not let him get to mid-TC or into the PS.
He was drafted in the early 2nd, owner is asking for a 2024 1st.

Kamara is definitely getting suspended, I see him as a player who's value is almost guaranteed to rise over the next few months.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:35 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:19 am

He was drafted in the early 2nd, owner is asking for a 2024 1st.

Kamara is definitely getting suspended, I see him as a player who's value is almost guaranteed to rise over the next few months.
Depending upon where you envision your finish this year and how high you are on him - which I believe you are - that’s a decent and fair price IMO

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:51 am

This goes for pretty much any rookie in my experience. Unless they fell to a random owner as BPA, that owner is probably higher on consensus and will take too much to trade for now. I would just wait until the season for some of these guys. That's my plan with Flowers

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:34 pm

Possible dip window emerging here? Just got placed on the PUP.
Saints placed RB Kendre Miller on the active/PUP list.

Still taking time to recover from a torn meniscus, Miller could be activated at anytime. It looks like the Saints will continue to bring him along slowly. The hope is that the third-round rookie is ready to start taking reps at some point during the preseason.
I still think it's Jamaal Williams world and we're just living in it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:42 pm

Should be interesting to see if he's ready to go for the start of camp. Rookies report early, so that's why he was put on the PUP. He was expected to be ready for the end of the month. If he's not activated at, or near the beginning of camp, that's not great. IF Kamara is suspended, it's going to take more than just Jamaal Williams to get it done at RB. He'd miss a real opportunity if he were to miss significant time in camp.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:01 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:34 pmI still think it's Jamaal Williams world and we're just living in it.
Is is.

We are.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:42 pm Should be interesting to see if he's ready to go for the start of camp. Rookies report early, so that's why he was put on the PUP. He was expected to be ready for the end of the month. If he's not activated at, or near the beginning of camp, that's not great. IF Kamara is suspended, it's going to take more than just Jamaal Williams to get it done at RB. He'd miss a real opportunity if he were to miss significant time in camp.
He wasn’t PUP’ed, he was put on the NFI list. All he has to do is get cleared medically and he can participate immediately. Pretty typical for any player in his situation. If the stay is extended, then yes it becomes a concern. But right now it’s pretty much just a typical procedural allocation.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:30 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:20 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:42 pm Should be interesting to see if he's ready to go for the start of camp. Rookies report early, so that's why he was put on the PUP. He was expected to be ready for the end of the month. If he's not activated at, or near the beginning of camp, that's not great. IF Kamara is suspended, it's going to take more than just Jamaal Williams to get it done at RB. He'd miss a real opportunity if he were to miss significant time in camp.
He wasn’t PUP’ed, he was put on the NFI list. All he has to do is get cleared medically and he can participate immediately. Pretty typical for any player in his situation. If the stay is extended, then yes it becomes a concern. But right now it’s pretty much just a typical procedural allocation.
Yeah, saw that after, I read what Mild had posted, he said PUP, but yes, as I stated, they expected him to be ready by the 26th, so all is still on schedule until it isn't.

IF Kamara gets suspended, there's really little chance Jamaal is used in an 80 percent snap share, not sure why people think it's going to be just Jamaal. It won't be. With Kamara out, it's a major opportunity for someone other than Williams to get on the field and get touches, and Kendre could easily be that guy, if he's healthy.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:58 pm

I have a little bit of concerns. He is now 6-7 months post-injury and still not cleared. I don’t know the details of his case, but this a longer than normal clean MCL recovery. Maybe isn’t nothing and they’re being safe. But that is no guarantee. We won’t know if he’s struggling with recovery (as demonstrated by the Michael Thomas case). This increases Miller’s risk, there is absolutely no question of that.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:30 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:20 am He wasn’t PUP’ed, he was put on the NFI list. All he has to do is get cleared medically and he can participate immediately. Pretty typical for any player in his situation. If the stay is extended, then yes it becomes a concern. But right now it’s pretty much just a typical procedural allocation.
Yeah, saw that after, I read what Mild had posted, he said PUP, but yes, as I stated, they expected him to be ready by the 26th, so all is still on schedule until it isn't.
Semantics, but yes, my mistake.
Miller is starting off on the Non-Football Injury or Illness (NFI) list to begin the preseason. The NFI is very similar to the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP), meaning if Miller is not activated by Week 1, he would be required to miss at least the first four games of the regular season.
They're basically the same thing in terms of how they function. Given that we know he's coming off surgery with a possible setback... BB can pretend that there's a difference here if he wants.
j4pac wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:58 pm I have a little bit of concerns. He is now 6-7 months post-injury and still not cleared. I don’t know the details of his case, but this a longer than normal clean MCL recovery. Maybe isn’t nothing and they’re being safe. But that is no guarantee. We won’t know if he’s struggling with recovery (as demonstrated by the Michael Thomas case). This increases Miller’s risk, there is absolutely no question of that.
That's because it wasn't a clean MCL recovery. There was a meniscus tear too, and the timing of it all seems murky - it's possible that he aggravated it in his recovery, or has had a setback.

The timelines for typical recoveries on both injuries still suggest he should be ready for training camp. He might be slightly diminished to start out, but it's also still not time to panic (yet).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:34 pm

j4pac wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:58 pm
I have a little bit of concerns. He is now 6-7 months post-injury and still not cleared. I don’t know the details of his case, but this a longer than normal clean MCL recovery. Maybe isn’t nothing and they’re being safe. But that is no guarantee. We won’t know if he’s struggling with recovery (as demonstrated by the Michael Thomas case). This increases Miller’s risk, there is absolutely no question of that.
They've been saying camp for months. The risk, IMO, only increases risk if he misses camp time. Not being NFI list because rookies report a week early to camp. Mild talked about the meniscus stuff, so hope that clears it up. There's nothing here that is currently a set back. We won't know if there is until camp actually opens.

MT and this injury are not comparable at all, unless you're talking about organizational stuff, and how they mishandle injuries, but it seems they are being cautious here, with Miller, perhaps overly cautious, but not a bad thing, in this case.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:09 am

Link
Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) who covers the Saints reported Wednesday (7/19) that NOLA is not concerned about Miller and that being placed on the NFI was “not injury related.” Nick is one of the best in the biz so I think this is a likely scenario but it is a bit of a head scratcher. It is possible the Saints are playing games after the mini-uproar Miller's placement on the NFI created on Tuesday.
Also, MCL surgery combined with meniscus repair is normally an approximate 6 month recovery time. If his surgery was early 2023 as suspected, he’s likely right on schedule.

There is also video from March 30 showing him squatting 300 lbs.

Until we see him missing significant time, this is pretty much a tempest in a teapot.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:18 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:09 am

Link
Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) who covers the Saints reported Wednesday (7/19) that NOLA is not concerned about Miller and that being placed on the NFI was “not injury related.” Nick is one of the best in the biz so I think this is a likely scenario but it is a bit of a head scratcher. It is possible the Saints are playing games after the mini-uproar Miller's placement on the NFI created on Tuesday.
Also, MCL surgery combined with meniscus repair is normally an approximate 6 month recovery time. If his surgery was early 2023 as suspected, he’s likely right on schedule.

There is also video from March 30 showing him squatting 300 lbs.

Until we see him missing significant time, this is pretty much a tempest in a teapot.
I really laughed when someone (not DLF) dinged him for dodging the combine. Like his injury wasn't in a college bowl game on the last day if the year. What's that 1.5 months before the combine? Lol

Some guys would sit out their last games though and this is why I never fault them for it. Though Kendre wasnt as high profile as some of the other players who have sat games to start combine training early.