Kendre Miller Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kendre Miller Thread

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat May 20, 2023 12:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:31 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:28 am People were annoyed that they didnt get Kincaid and Miller at a discount and watched them go to already good rosters.

I came away with Addison, Kendre, Tyjae, Tillman, and Evans picking from the 1.09 (snake) as this was a startup rookie draft separate from the main draft.
Rookie picks should be in the startup draft, IMO. So what, the rookie draft order goes the opposite of the startup? So the guy at the 1/2 turn in the startup basically gets and extra first round startup pick. Bijan is going around 11 in SF leagues. It's a really poor way to setup a startup draft, IMO. Just my 2 cents.
Would you feel the same way if the vet startup was held before the NFL draft and the rookie draft was held after the NFL draft? How about if that were the case and a lottery was held to allow owners to pick their draft slot knowing the rookie draft order would be a reversal of the vet draft order? Then it becomes essentially the same as any established league. Not crazy about the rookie draft being serpentine but given that teams didn’t have a previous season to establish records I can understand it a bit more. I think if the rook draft is serpentine I’d prefer a 3rd round reversal at least.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat May 20, 2023 1:03 pm

I agree completely. Theres a few things I dont like about this league set up.

I joined as an orphan, 9/12 of the original owners returned. Everyone chose 3 keepers from their roster. The 3 orphan owners (including me) chose 3 keepers from a pool consisting of the players that were on those rosters.

Then the rookie draft was reverse order snake of the startup.

If I had landed the 1.01 rookie pick and 1.12 startup pick my first 5 players would have been Lawrence, Fields, JT, Bijan, and Olave.

It's an unbalanced league. There are about 6 very good teams and then a pretty clear tier drop.

Whatever. Not my league or my rules. I run team 1 in my sig and it's more balanced an competitive. ADP and trade value is super tight there. No juggernaut and no team is hopeless.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 20, 2023 1:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:31 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:28 am People were annoyed that they didnt get Kincaid and Miller at a discount and watched them go to already good rosters.

I came away with Addison, Kendre, Tyjae, Tillman, and Evans picking from the 1.09 (snake) as this was a startup rookie draft separate from the main draft.
Rookie picks should be in the startup draft, IMO. So what, the rookie draft order goes the opposite of the startup? So the guy at the 1/2 turn in the startup basically gets and extra first round startup pick. Bijan is going around 11 in SF leagues. It's a really poor way to setup a startup draft, IMO. Just my 2 cents.
x2

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:53 am

Just took him over Flowers, Kincaid and Charbonnet

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:18 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:53 am Just took him over Flowers, Kincaid and Charbonnet
I have Miller easily ahead of those guys

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:37 am

lic217 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:18 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:53 am Just took him over Flowers, Kincaid and Charbonnet
I will say I was debating Flowers since team needs WR more than RB. But Kendre is that guy I'm not leaving my draft without

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:21 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:37 am
I will say I was debating Flowers since team needs WR more than RB. But Kendre is that guy I'm not leaving my draft without
Selfish question here as I will be making a decision between the two…for you, how much does situation influence Miller over Charbonet? Or do you honestly like the player better?

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:33 am

As of right now I have Charbonnet higher. Miller is hurt…which is a big factor. Fortunately my league drafts after the start of training camp. If Miller isn’t ready by then I’m moving him down. That should be plenty enough time for his injury.

Charbonnet has the draft capital and I think he’s more well rounded. Miller might be a little more twitchy but I honestly think that is an overrated quality. I don’t think that Miller’s situation is as good as people argue. Jamaal Williams, though unsexy, is an annoying good football player and a locker room favorite. Dudes going to steal work. Taysom Hill is another guy who is annoying amazing at the game of football…he’s going to steal work. That doesn’t even get into Kamara who has looked amazing working with Carr in OTA.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:42 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:21 am

Selfish question here as I will be making a decision between the two…for you, how much does situation influence Miller over Charbonet? Or do you honestly like the player better?
You’re asking a person who is taking a position that is contrary to the overall sentiment. Charbonnet has a higher ADP than Miller despite the general perception that he has more onerous competition. I’m a strong proponent of both guys, and I do tend to be a contrarian myself (I’ve got both of these guys over Gibbs - that’s even more outside the lines than Jigga) but given their foundation of evidence so far Charbonnet appears to be a greater overall talent than Miller. How both respond moving forward, as with all rookies, remains to be seen.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:42 am

Situation is the tie breaker for me. I had both very close predraft but was probably leaning Charbonnet mostly for receiving. His situation with Walker has me worried though.

Power- Charbonnet

Speed- Kendre has a better top gear

Receiving- Charbonnet, but I don't think Kendre is a slouch here either

Elusiveness- thought both left more to be desired here, but edge to Kendre. He was able to absorb contact and stay up more often I thought. Charbonnet likes to truck through defenders and fall forward (not a bad thing at all, it's why he has the edge in power)

Size- don't think this makes a difference between these 2, both 215 lbs.

Production- no clear winner here imo but both have interesting college history. Kendre was at TCU for 3 years and made Zach Evans (a highly regarded prospect 1 year ago) transfer out. Had a big Jr year afterwards. Charbonnet had a pretty good Fr year, but then transferred to UCLA afyer covid year and ran all over PAC12 defenses as a Jr and Sr.

Age- Kendre is 1.5 years younger, but doubt it matters much in the big picture. Either they win a lead role or they don't.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:42 am

You’re asking a person who is taking a position that is contrary to the overall sentiment. Charbonnet has a higher ADP than Miller despite the general perception that he has more onerous competition. I’m a strong proponent of both guys, and I do tend to be a contrarian myself (I’ve got both of these guys over Gibbs - that’s even more outside the lines than Jigga) but given their foundation of evidence so far Charbonnet appears to be a greater overall talent than Miller. How both respond moving forward, as with all rookies, remains to be seen.
I caved on Gibbs after he got drafted so high lol, but definitely like differing opinions. Reminds me of just last year where I was higher on R White and lower on J Cook

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:08 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:47 am

I caved on Gibbs after he got drafted so high lol, but definitely like differing opinions. Reminds me of just last year where I was higher on R White and lower on J Cook
Agreed, and you made a good case. Missed pass protection, though… :whistle:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:15 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:08 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:47 am

Agreed, and you made a good case. Missed pass protection, though… :whistle:
I will admit that's one thing I don't look really look at. I usually just watch all the touches. Charbonnet definitely has the edge there from what I've heard

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:34 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:42 am

Situation is the tie breaker for me. I had both very close predraft but was probably leaning Charbonnet mostly for receiving. His situation with Walker has me worried though.

Power- Charbonnet

Speed- Kendre has a better top gear

Receiving- Charbonnet, but I don't think Kendre is a slouch here either

Elusiveness- thought both left more to be desired here, but edge to Kendre. He was able to absorb contact and stay up more often I thought. Charbonnet likes to truck through defenders and fall forward (not a bad thing at all, it's why he has the edge in power)

Size- don't think this makes a difference between these 2, both 215 lbs.

Production- no clear winner here imo but both have interesting college history. Kendre was at TCU for 3 years and made Zach Evans (a highly regarded prospect 1 year ago) transfer out. Had a big Jr year afterwards. Charbonnet had a pretty good Fr year, but then transferred to UCLA afyer covid year and ran all over PAC12 defenses as a Jr and Sr.

Age- Kendre is 1.5 years younger, but doubt it matters much in the big picture. Either they win a lead role or they don't.
I think this is a good look at it. I'd give the edge to Charbonnet for receiving usage and ability.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:10 am

I took Kendre over him everywhere, myself. Kendre got day 2 capital as an underclassmen, Charbs had to return to school as a senior to get that. Like both players, but I think Kendre is the better player, in the better situation. He's more explosive, and he can catch, usage in college was the only reason people think Charbonnet is a better receiver, Kendre has good hands.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".