Is Pierce new #1 pick for rookie drafts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Pierce new #1 pick for rookie drafts

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:57 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:42 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:36 pm I don’t see Howard at all but we all see a bit differently I guess.
I only meant Howard in the sense that they were mid round picks, not thought too much of and then burst onto the scene. Without top end speed.
I see; I misinterpreted your meaning; Thanks for clarification. :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:05 am

No idea how Houston is staying in games as well as they are. He didn’t exactly dazzle against Jacksonville, but a 3.9 ypc is fairly solid in the circumstances. If the volume he got in Jacksonville is a sign of future things to come, he’s definitely going to put up better numbers than I expected. I don’t expect him to drop to RB3 barring injury simply because injuries are bound to derail a few seasons and if its not his, he’s very unlikely to drop so substantially. If he averages even 50 rushing yards a game rest of season, he cracks 1000 yards rushing.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 am

Various podcasts comparing Pierce and JRob. Both were low/lower draft capital backs that performed well when getting/earning the lead back role. The FA/draft risks are very real.

I don't think now is necessarily the right time to sell, but JRob was going for 1st+ plus value in his rookie year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:17 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 am Various podcasts comparing Pierce and JRob. Both were low/lower draft capital backs that performed well when getting/earning the lead back role. The FA/draft risks are very real.

I don't think now is necessarily the right time to sell, but JRob was going for 1st+ plus value in his rookie year.
I view him very similarly to how I viewed Gibson, but both him and JRob are pretty reasonable. Not a bad idea to ride out the production, but also not a bad idea to capitalize on his value rise.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:30 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:17 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:59 am Various podcasts comparing Pierce and JRob. Both were low/lower draft capital backs that performed well when getting/earning the lead back role. The FA/draft risks are very real.

I view him very similarly to how I viewed Gibson, but both him and JRob are pretty reasonable. Not a bad idea to ride out the production, but also not a bad idea to capitalize on his value rise.
In the sense of value spike in rookie year, selling Gibson with the anticipation of a drop makes a ton of sense. Last year, I kept hearing to bail on Elijah Mitchell. His issue this year has been injury (like last year) but the similarity is low cap value at risk of losing role (see CMC rumors).

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:27 pm

In a redraft of the 2022 rookies involving some DLF members, pierce was taken 1.9. Who went ahead- Hall, Walker, Garrett, Olave, London, Jameson, Pickens, Jahan.

In RB heavy leagues, could see putting Pierce ahead of Dotson and potentially others.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:10 pm

Pierce is legit.

He has 7 straight games above 13 points. He is a buy for the future. The Texans are loaded with draft capital to address needs in the Line and other areas. RB is not a need at all. He is 5th in the NFL in rushing 772 yards and averaging 4.7 YPC on pretty bad team.

He was one of the steals of the NFL draft and a steal in fantasy drafts.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:01 am

Waiting till the end of the fantasy season to revisit this thread. Should be fun.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat May 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Curious views on him. I wanted to see how he performed after not getting volume in college, so the fact he couldn't make it all year and ended the season injured is concerning. Did anyone change or confirm their views based on his 2022 play? Does the (low-ish) draft cap continue to warrant concern? How does the Singletary signing affect his valuation?

There had been another meaty thread on pierce before this one but I can't find it. Did find this one.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat May 20, 2023 3:56 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:45 pm Curious views on him. I wanted to see how he performed after not getting volume in college, so the fact he couldn't make it all year and ended the season injured is concerning. Did anyone change or confirm their views based on his 2022 play? Does the (low-ish) draft cap continue to warrant concern? How does the Singletary signing affect his valuation?

There had been another meaty thread on pierce before this one but I can't find it. Did find this one.
He’s a good rusher. Not sure he’s going to progress beyond that. I’d say if you were drafting him top five, that was still a mistake. If you got him back end of the first round, things are looking pretty good.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Sat May 20, 2023 5:28 pm

I like what I saw last year and like his prospects going forward. He reminds me a little of Chris Carson who was underrated and undervalued by the dynasty community, but a solid producer before a career ending neck injury. I would be buying Pierce at his current price if I needed RB production
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Kyler, Tua, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Pacheco, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Higgins, Pickens, Tank Dell, Quentin Johnston, Ricky Pearsall, Troy Franklin
TE: McBride, Freiermuth

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat May 20, 2023 6:02 pm

He didn't lose his job this offseason, which was a concern of mine and upgrades him for sure. He's a solid running back who will get touches. Long-term competition will always be his biggest risk in my book, but he's probably a decent buy.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat May 20, 2023 6:47 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:02 pm He didn't lose his job this offseason, which was a concern of mine and upgrades him for sure. He's a solid running back who will get touches. Long-term competition will always be his biggest risk in my book, but he's probably a decent buy.
The Texans have had a couple of good drafts in a row and are shoring up the O line

The team still really likes Pierce. He is a good football player. He may be a one contract player but enjoy why you have him. He is a very good mid level but IMO.

Steady RB 2 type on a fantasy roster with upside

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat May 20, 2023 6:52 pm

The fact they had a plethora of Rb's they could have signed or drafted and all they did was sign a pedestrian Singletary is a very good indicator he is the real deal.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 20, 2023 7:01 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:52 pm The fact they had a plethora of Rb's they could have signed or drafted and all they did was sign a pedestrian Singletary is a very good indicator he is the real deal.
They traded all their picks away for an undersized edge rusher before they had a chance to draft anybody. :lol: . It doesn't make sense to invest heavily in the RB position with so many holes on that roster. Pierce is safe for this year. Singletary will get touches, but Pierce should be the touch leader.

Next season, he'll have to avoid the gauntlet again. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year, and produce well. It's a big year for his future outlook. Another season ending injury, he may be viewed like Kerryon Johson was after 2 year. If he stays healthy and produces, he's more likely to be a longer term focal point of their offense.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".