Initial thoughts on my Dynasty team?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
LAKEVIEW SHARKS
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Initial thoughts on my Dynasty team?

Postby LAKEVIEW SHARKS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:19 pm

Hey guys. Love the site and looking forward to talking Dynasty with everybody. I just wanted to get some initial thoughts on my team below and my signature. This is the third year I'll be in it and I made a lot of trade so far. Right now I have no draft picks in our work is only draft. But I thought I would be able to bid on some free agents to round out the rest of the team. I'm hoping some things fall my way between NFL trades and NFL free agency. Thanks for your time and I hope everybody enjoys their weekend!
NFFL 3.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Hurts PHI (QB)
RUNNING BACK Cook BUF, Henry TEN, Edwards-Helaire KC, Montgomery DET, Mattison MIN
WIDE RECEIVER Gage TB, Smith PHI, Lazard NYJ, Chark Jr. CAR, Valdes-Scantling KC
DEFENSIVE END Hargrave SF
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Donald LA
LINEBACKER Brooks SEA, Smith BAL, Allen JAC
CORNERBACK Davis III TB
SAFETYLove SEA

NFFL 4.0
16 TEAM

QUARTERBACK Stroud HOU, Wilson DEN
RUNNING BACK Pacheco KC, Bigsby JAC, Jones GB, Dillon GB, Ford CLE, Sanders CAR
WIDE RECEIVER Dell HOU, Locket SEA, London ATL, McLaurin WAS, Godwin TB
TIGHT END Gesicki NE, Ruckert NYJ
DEFENSIVE END Smith CLE
DEFENSIVE TACKLE Robinson NYG, Ojomo PHI
LINEBACKER Oluokun JAC, Burns CAR, Harris HOU
CORNERBACK Jackson CAR
SAFETY Whitehead NYJ, Elliott MIA

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Re: Initial thoughts on my Dynasty team?

Postby ESKAY » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:23 pm

This is a tough question. How many teams are in your league because this team is lacking quality players. You have a top 3 QB a top aging RB in Henry and I love Devonta Smith. All of your DPs are very solid. Is this a high scoring IDP league? My advice to you would be do NOT trade your picks, but that seems to be too late. What did you spend your picks on? It could take a while to turn this team around.

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:52 pm

My one piece of advice is to try not to trade draft picks except for making a move up in a rookie draft, a deal that is too good to be true, or near/ at the trade deadline to make a playoff push. I don't have experience with idp, but offensively you will prolong your winning window by bolstering your WR talent sooner than later. Good luck my friend!

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:56 pm

I think you’re looking at at least a 2-3 year rebuild. Maybe four years. You don’t have many assets on the team and apparently no picks in this years draft. It’s not going to be an easy road to hoe you have your work cut out for you. Like the previous poster said don’t trade another draft pick pull back and take a full account of your team I’m thinking you’ll be in the running for the #1 overall pick in 2024 with hurts you can trade that pick for a decent return I’d wait until next offseason to do that but it’s not going to be an easy path you need to get a plan together and start implementing it asap
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:00 pm

Look forward to talking dynasty too and I like the emblem!

I can't speak to the IDP side, but:

I think your overall build is in a tough spot with no picks. You don't really have any RBs to build around. Hopefully Cook makes a big jump but I would be looking to move Henry to the top bidder with a long term package.

WR is pretty tough too but you have Smith to build around so that is the silver lining. Smith is a great young WR. I would not be stuck on anyone else and would be shopping this group too.

TE would the last place I focus this early in a tool, so I would be happy to move any for the right return.

Hurts is great. Are QBs valuable on the market?

Hold your picks moving forward!!

Lots of work to be done here, but let's turn this thing around!

LAKEVIEW SHARKS
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LAKEVIEW SHARKS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:08 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I should have mentioned it's 16 team PPR League. So it was pretty tough getting quality players at all the positions. You think I have a tough road ahead you should see some of the other teams LOL
NFFL 3.0
16 TEAM

RUNNING BACK Cook BUF, Henry TEN, Edwards-Helaire KC, Montgomery DET, Mattison MIN
WIDE RECEIVER Gage TB, Smith PHI, Lazard NYJ, Chark Jr. CAR, Valdes-Scantling KC
CORNERBACK Davis III TB
SAFETYLove SEA

NFFL 4.0
16 TEAM

DEFENSIVE END Smith CLE
CORNERBACK Jackson CAR

LAKEVIEW SHARKS
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LAKEVIEW SHARKS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:12 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:00 pm Look forward to talking dynasty too and I like the emblem!

I can't speak to the IDP side, but:

I think your overall build is in a tough spot with no picks. You don't really have any RBs to build around. Hopefully Cook makes a big jump but I would be looking to move Henry to the top bidder with a long term package.

WR is pretty tough too but you have Smith to build around so that is the silver lining. Smith is a great young WR. I would not be stuck on anyone else and would be shopping this group too.

TE would the last place I focus this early in a tool, so I would be happy to move any for the right return.

Hurts is great. Are QBs valuable on the market?

Hold your picks moving forward!!

Lots of work to be done here, but let's turn this thing around!
Thanks for the compliment Big Chief. Quarterbacks are valuable, but we don't need one. Which is odd because I've never played in a league where you don't need a quarterback on your roster.
NFFL 3.0
16 TEAM

CORNERBACK Davis III TB
SAFETYLove SEA

NFFL 4.0
16 TEAM

DEFENSIVE END Smith CLE
CORNERBACK Jackson CAR

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:08 am

With a start 2 TE setting, I would be looking to add upside players there over middling RB/WR as the value spike on hitting at a scarce position would be significant (eg. Robert Tonyan, Logan Thomas, Dalton Schultz types that could have been FAs at one point in your league) and they’re easy enough to churn if they aren’t playing/producing.
With this TE draft class, if you could trade RB/WR and acquire mid-late round draft picks and a player in the same bucket, that could be an option. If someone likes guys CEH or MVS and you could get a player and a late pick, I’d do that in a heartbeat.
Your roster seems light for 22 starters? What is your total roster size? FA is likely slim pickings on the offensive side. I would keep the IDP side lean and mean with a couple of roster spots to churn for the out-of-nowhere 3 down LBs that pop up every year.