2023 Free Agency

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Free Agency

Postby mild » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:13 pm Look at these details. This is a really good contract. They can still draft a rookie to sit and learn, here, too. I was surprised how good this is for team building. Ziegler did a really good job, if this is accurate. They don't get hit nearly as hard if he's hurt.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1 ... 4682926080
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-r ... olo-14472/

Perhaps read it again. 2024 is fully guaranteed for injury.

So you could have a literal repeat of the Carr scenario if this goes badly in 2023, where they sit a healthy Jimmy G out to prevent him from getting hurt on the back 9.

Could get proper spicey if something truly bad befalls him this season. Good thing he's not injury prone at all!

Also, it's an 18mil dead cap to get out in 2024. Not the worst, but also not insignificant.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:26 pm

mild wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:18 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:13 pm Look at these details. This is a really good contract. They can still draft a rookie to sit and learn, here, too. I was surprised how good this is for team building. Ziegler did a really good job, if this is accurate. They don't get hit nearly as hard if he's hurt.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1 ... 4682926080
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-r ... olo-14472/

Perhaps read it again. 2024 is fully guaranteed for injury.

So you could have a literal repeat of the Carr scenario if this goes badly in 2023, where they sit a healthy Jimmy G out to prevent him from getting hurt on the back 9.

Could get proper spicey if something truly bad befalls him this season. Good thing he's not injury prone at all!

Also, it's an 18mil dead cap to get out in 2024. Not the worst, but also not insignificant.
I suppose I mis-spoke slightly. I guess I meant they don't pay him as much if he's hurt, though that's their money, nothing to do with the cap, there. His cap hit is still quite a bit less, though. For 2023 it's really good. Yeah, this is a 2 year deal, basically, with the team holding an option for the 3rd year. His 24 roster bonus is guaranteed next March, I get that.

The contract is a lot cheaper overall than Carr's was for the Raiders, though, is my overall point. Year 1 is a fantastic deal for them, as he gets bonuses per game, but his cap hit is really low. I think this is a really good bridge deal to hold the fort for (hopefully a franchise type QB) a young QB to develop.

Carr's cap hit was quite a bit more over the next few years, and to the earlier post, even with Carr's dead cap of 5 million or so, I think it was???

Add that to Jimmy G's cap hit this year and Jimmy G is still substantially cheaper than the deal they had Carr on.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:45 pm

Detroit signs CB Cam Sutton for a three year deal. They frequently get mocked to go corner with one of their 2 1sts, curious if the signing affects that.

Chicago signs LBs Edwards and Edmunds, OG Nate Davis. Still need OL and DL help.

After some restructures/cuts, Tampa has gone from 55 mil over the cap to 2 mil under. They've made OG Mason available and trading/cutting him would create 5.5 mil. Somehow, they've agreed to terms with CB Jamel Dean on 4y/52m deal with 26mil guaranteed.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:42 pm

Ekeler out = It's Spiller Time, baby!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:02 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:42 pm Ekeler out = It's Spiller Time, baby!
Landing Spots where Ekeler's value would increase?

Chiefs definitely. Other than that? Dolphins, maybe?

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:26 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:02 pm

Nowhere, 28 year old rbs who finish rb1 don’t gain value switching teams . He is already in the perfect system for his skill set . If you’ve owned ekeler you’d know nobody wants to buy him already because of his age,size etc. switching teams won’t change that. Reality is ekeler is a top 3 rb that most people value as a rb in the 12-15 range for dynasty purposes.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:34 pm

There's little to no chance they roll with Spiller. I mean, he'd have to actually beat out Kelley first, but the Chargers would be one of the likeliest places for an early round RB if Ekeler leaves. If you lose your top RB on all 3 downs, you leave an open roster space at that position, and you're likely looking to replace him with whoever you bring in, with the backups being multiple tiers below his level.

In terms of where he'd go, and value increases....since Ekeler is looking for a bigger contract, the Chiefs seem very, very unlikely. I also don't think it would be a value increase for Ekeler to go there. In fact, it would be the opposite. Little chance they use him in the passing game like that with Mahomes, or getting as much GL work, with their penchant for passing down there.

There may not be a team willing to pay him, but I think Cincy would possibly qualify for a value increase, if they decide to cut Mixon. At least a lateral type move.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:34 pm
There's little to no chance they roll with Spiller. I mean, he'd have to actually beat out Kelley first, but the Chargers would be one of the likeliest places for an early round RB if Ekeler leaves. If you lose your top RB on all 3 downs, you leave an open roster space at that position, and you're likely looking to replace him with whoever you bring in, with the backups being multiple tiers below his level.

In terms of where he'd go, and value increases....since Ekeler is looking for a bigger contract, the Chiefs seem very, very unlikely. I also don't think it would be a value increase for Ekeler to go there. In fact, it would be the opposite. Little chance they use him in the passing game like that with Mahomes, or getting as much GL work, with their penchant for passing down there.

There may not be a team willing to pay him, but I think Cincy would possibly qualify for a value increase, if they decide to cut Mixon. At least a lateral type move.
Lumps wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:20 am
Bijan to the Chargers confirmed.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:26 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:20 am
Bijan to the Chargers confirmed.
It would be perhaps the best landing spot possible. I was going to mention him specifically, bust just went with an early round RB.
Janiel Dones Truther

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:35 am

I agree with your point long-term, but I have to imagine there would be a short-term value spike that those who roster him could take advantage of if he were to go to either KC or MIA

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:57 am

Orrr…Bijan/Gibbs time. Guys that actually have some juice.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:17 am

Heinicke to ATL

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:23 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:17 am Heinicke to ATL
I guess Atlanta is looking ahead to Caleb Williams and Maye next season.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:47 am

Lazard nearing a deal with the Jets

They're really just going to sign all of Rodgers buddies? :lol:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:52 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:47 am Lazard nearing a deal with the Jets

They're really just going to sign all of Rodgers buddies? :lol:
Randall Cobb next