Average—I don't see what the fuss is all about, a starter, but nothing special
2%

Total votes: 92

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rating Bijan, Poll

Postby murphysxm » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:27 am

I am on the side that would like to retire the term "generational." Unless you can explain to me how multiple backs from the same generation are generational talents. Bijan is a fantastic prospect who I have zero concerns about him succeeding where I am lucky enough to draft him.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:33 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:27 am I am on the side that would like to retire the term "generational." Unless you can explain to me how multiple backs from the same generation are generational talents. Bijan is a fantastic prospect who I have zero concerns about him succeeding where I am lucky enough to draft him.
I hear you, but I mean...somebody has to be a generational talent? They're pretty rare. Just a matter of saying "who was the best RB" from 2000-2010, etc. I wanted a level above elite. I guess I could have said "special" IDK. But I hear you. It's interesting to see the poll results.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:48 am

You can't be generational until after you prove yourself. Like previously stated he's an elite prospect, but time will tell if he was generational or not.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:18 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:05 am Watching Bijan, I see a RB who is a level below JT and Taylor was getting his balls busted pre-draft as a 2 down fumbler. Bijan has very good receiving skills and is good in pass protection but he has some trouble running through trash. You watch him in half his games last year and he looked good but hardly jumped off the page as something elite, much less generational. The NFL ain’t the same as playing Kansas and K State.

Not going to be a popular opinion, I know.
This is where I'm pretty much at as well. Bijan is the 1.01 still but some of the offers I've seen are absurd.

As are the comps. People keep saying Barkley and JT, but he doesn't have the size or speed they had... JT was 5'10 226. Barkley 6'0 233. Both under 4.4 40s. I expect Bijan to be smaller than both (Roschon weighed in at 6'0 225 at the senior bowl and Bijan looks smaller to me) and run closer to 4.5. That isn't the end of the world obviously, I just think they are very generous comps.

Bijan is going to be very good. And he's young and healthy, which makes him a top 5 dynasty RB already. But no way am I trading away multiple proven assets for him

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:30 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:48 am You can't be generational until after you prove yourself. Like previously stated he's an elite prospect, but time will tell if he was generational or not.
Well, sure, but it's ALL speculation.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 pm

I put ck in there as he one of a handful with a 2k season that’s pretty special to me, he also has 6/7 good years of production . Use the term as you see fit bit he was a special player at the time
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:43 pm

What is "a long time"? I'd like to clear this up, before voting. I think Jeff Fisher said Gurley was a once every couple of years, or few years RB.....Gurley was a better prospect than Bijan, to me. It's really too bad he went back after his suspension. Had he not torn his knee up, he'd still be playing, and on his way to the HOF. A cautionary tale for so many prospects, thought there is NIL now.

Anyways, Bijan is at this point a once every few years type of guy for me. I need to see his athletic testing. I suspect his 40 won't be great, but his burst looks special, and his agility does too. Those athletic traits look top notch. His 0-60 speed in tight quarters, in that first 10 yards is amazing, and he can stack moves at around 220. IF he can put together a sub 4.5 40, I will be a lot more sold on his ultimate upside, which is very high. If he puts in a 4.6, or doesn't run (at which point I'd pencil him in for a 4.6), I would discount his "prospect" profile, for sure. Doesn't mean he can't be an elite FF producer, though.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:47 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:32 pm I didn’t read all this but I for one think we need about 15 more threads with Bijan in the title.
I am tempted to start one that says: "Bi-Janny be good?"

That talks about the same damn thing, but technically wouldn't qualify. :wink: :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:23 am

As owner of the 1.01 I’m voting generational and I love the term.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:26 am

A lot of the mock drafts I see, have Bijan going back half of the first round. Sunce 2015, there have been 12 1st round RBs drafted, expand that a little more, there have been 15 RBs drafted in the top 40.

If Bijan were to be considered a generational prospect, wouldn't he have to have the draft capital? In the last 8 years, there have been 5 RBs drafted in the top 10, 6 in the top 15. At the very least, he would need to be in this group to be considered generational. Otherwise, he is just another top tier RB prospect.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:33 am

remedy29 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:26 am A lot of the mock drafts I see, have Bijan going back half of the first round. Sunce 2015, there have been 12 1st round RBs drafted, expand that a little more, there have been 15 RBs drafted in the top 40.

If Bijan were to be considered a generational prospect, wouldn't he have to have the draft capital? In the last 8 years, there have been 5 RBs drafted in the top 10, 6 in the top 15. At the very least, he would need to be in this group to be considered generational. Otherwise, he is just another top tier RB prospect.
Personally dont care if he's considered "generational" or not, but I don't think he needs to be taken top 15 to be considered an elite prospect or whatever term we want to use.

The RB position has been changing in the league and I just don't see many teams sinking that kind of capital into RB. Especially not teams who were bad enough to miss playoffs. Although it only takes one team to prove that wrong...

Picks 16-32 is where I think he will land. Which should be to a pretty good team and he will still easily be the RB1. I don't think there's much more that needs to be done/said about Bijan.

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:40 am

remedy29 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:26 am A lot of the mock drafts I see, have Bijan going back half of the first round. Sunce 2015, there have been 12 1st round RBs drafted, expand that a little more, there have been 15 RBs drafted in the top 40.

I see what you're saying but none of this is really indicative of the talent. It is just how the NFL is trending. Teams are on a mission to devalue the RB position and push them further and further down the board while considering them expendable. Their shelf life and injury risk definitely validate that but it doesn't make them any less talented. The fact of the matter is that you can be a generational talent and still hold less value to a team in today's game.

Breece fell out of the first round which is absurd. He was clearly an elite talent and checked every single box you could ask for. The Jets hit the jackpot with him falling to them. I've started to see it from the team's side though. It is pretty similar to how we build out our dynasty teams. The teams with the top 10-15 picks or so very likely should not be drafting a RB. If you're the bottom 10-15 teams in the NFL then you most likely have a lot more holes to fill that a great RB is not going to fill. There are exceptions where a team had received that pick through a trade. If you look in your league standings right now, it is likely that at least half of the teams in your league should probably trade the 1.01 for a ton of value if they can. There are also exceptions to that and I am luckily one of those exceptions. I moved Dalvin Cook for Gibson and a team's 1st that I thought was circling the drain and I was right. (The team that traded me the pick was not the original owner of the pick and thought he had a big win now chance. He did not.)

This is a long winded way of saying that it actually makes a ton of sense for teams in the 15-32 range to sink that kind of capital into an RB and not for the teams in the bottom half of the league. With that being said, I would love to see him go 8th to the Falcons. If they can make Allgeier look good then I'd love to see what Bijan can do there.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:34 am

This debate over “generational” is just silly IMO.

Which RB is generational right now? Is Zeke? Is Henry? They both came into the league in 2016. I say they are both generational RBs despite that. They are both that great. Is McCaffrey? Is Barkley? They both joined the league 2 years after Zeke and Henry. Again, I say both are but then I see the term generational to describe very rare RBs who are multiple Standard Deviations above the average. If it is going to be one RB every 16-20 years (a generation) then just stop using the term because there is never going to be agreement. And if that is the case, Bijan ain’t it.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am

Are there any landing spots that would be BAD or will he just dominate no matter where he goes? Obviously a good OL will help. I hope he doesn't go to DAL as I have shares in Zeke/Pollard still LOL.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:37 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am Are there any landing spots that would be BAD or will he just dominate no matter where he goes? Obviously a good OL will help. I hope he doesn't go to DAL as I have shares in Zeke/Pollard still LOL.
For me, he is landing spot immune. There are some that are better than others, but nowhere will scare me
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts