Way, way, waaaay too early 2023 Draft class thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Way, way, waaaay too early 2023 Draft class thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:03 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:33 am Can you all explain why you have Addison above JSN? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
I think the difference is minimal at best, but Addison's profile is as rock solid as you'll see:

+ Five-star HS recruit
+ Freshman breakout in the ACC as an 18-year-old
+ Won the Biletnikoff as a 19-year-old
+ Transferred to the Pac-12 and continued to be elite
+ Early declare
+ Probable 1st Round draft pedigree
+ Three-level route runner and separator
+ More proven diversity in alignment. Used all over the field, compared to JSN who primarily played slot. Doesn't mean JSN can't play outside and all over, but we've just seen Addison do it more.
+ Great hands. Only two drops on 62 catchable targets this season

He's a stud. Again, not the type of stud that Ja'Marr Chase or Justin Jefferson is, but he is a stud.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:23 am

Stroud declared. Breathe everyone!

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:07 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:23 am Stroud declared. Breathe everyone!
Let’s go!

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:07 am

What a rollercoaster ride this class has been. It’s too funny. I still see it as a class full of studs and I just see recency bias being why people are now “down” on it. It’s still loaded with top end talent at multiple positions.

We have a “generational” (I hate this term but I’m using it here) RB

3 Very solid RBs after that and great RB depth

3 WRs who have a lot of talent and can produce on the Garrett Wilson/ Olave level

2 great QB prospects and 2 interesting coin flips in Levi’s and Richardson

A top TE prospect and a few other good TEs after that.

It’s more spread out with positional talent than 2022 was which was very WR heavy. It’s got a ridiculous top end prospect like 2021 and 2018. If someone is actually down on it go buy a pick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:11 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:33 am Can you all explain why you have Addison above JSN? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Better athlete and was just as impressive as JSN statistically in 2021, projects as a higher ceiling and better big play guy to the NFL. It's not a significant difference and both guys are really good prospects, but I get the feeling JSN is the guy being overvalued by this board/fantasy community this year. He's not quite overvalued to the level of Hakeem Butler or Kelvin Harmon of recent years, but he's going to be a late 1st - mid 2nd guy in the NFL Draft rather than a top 15 guy a lot people have him as.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:24 am

Who's not going to test at the combine? Who shouldn't anyway***

The WR are packed tight so I can see all of them wanting to separate themselves.
Levis will throw to show off his arm talent.
Stroud will run the 40, but probably only throw in Pro-day.
All RB not named Bijan should run.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:38 am

I disagree, but I'm not surprised at people downplaying this class - it's human nature and this community especially finds ways to pick apart players/prospects.

Almost anyone that isn't a *perfect* candidate gets ripped apart this time of year - we even doubted Jamarr Chase and look how laughable that is in hindsight. Bijan is darn near perfect, so he won't get criticized much (nor should he be), but there are another legitimate 8 - 12 very, very good prospects with excellent profiles. Will all of them hit and be multi-year studs? Of course not, variance happens.

But just look at this group of RBs compared to last year. Kenny McIntosh has a very similar profile coming out of Georgia this year as Cook did last year with eerily similar stats. Doesn't have the name recognition, but good size, great receiving production from the same school, both thought to be round 2 - 4 draft picks. James Cook was in the conversation to be RB #3 in last year's class and often went as a late 1st in dynasty rookie drafts. I haven't seen McIntosh inside of nearly anyone's top10 RBs and currently isn't even sniffing the early/mid 2nd round in dynasty drafts.

Bijan is the best prospect we've had in years. And I really think Gibbs/Bigsby/Tucker/Evans/Charbonnet are in the same tier of prospects as Hall/Walker last year and Harris/Etienne/Williams from 2021. And I think this class has a legitimate 3rd/4th tier of RBs that have solid profiles (pending their testing) in Miller/Abandikanda/McIntosh/Achane/Vaughn/Brown/Roschon that surpass any class' group of RB 10 - 20 in recent memory.

I am a bit underwhelmed by the WR class (outside of JSN) compared to recent years, but I think the top3-4 WRs all have great profiles to be "very good" WRs even if there aren't any Chase's or Jefferson's.

I think the 1.01 in this class is a huge plus compared to most years, I think the 6 - 10 range is a huge plus compared to most years, and I think the late 2nd is a huge, huge, huge plus compared to last year in particular.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:08 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:07 am What a rollercoaster ride this class has been. It’s too funny. I still see it as a class full of studs and I just see recency bias being why people are now “down” on it. It’s still loaded with top end talent at multiple positions.

We have a “generational” (I hate this term but I’m using it here) RB

3 Very solid RBs after that and great RB depth

3 WRs who have a lot of talent and can produce on the Garrett Wilson/ Olave level

2 great QB prospects and 2 interesting coin flips in Levi’s and Richardson

A top TE prospect and a few other good TEs after that.

It’s more spread out with positional talent than 2022 was which was very WR heavy. It’s got a ridiculous top end prospect like 2021 and 2018. If someone is actually down on it go buy a pick
I think you’ll find it’s generally the ones who don’t have the picks that are most outspoken about it being not as good as advertised.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:05 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:23 am Stroud declared. Breathe everyone!
Yaaaasssss
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:15 pm

https://twitter.com/zachcharbon/status/ ... z_HnznWH6w

Charbonett is staying in school, announced it a couple days ago and looks like we missed it.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:16 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:08 pm
I think you’ll find it’s generally the ones who don’t have the picks that are most outspoken about it being not as good as advertised.
Yeah, so far nobody appears to be down on this class right now in dynasty or in the actual draft community.

The only surprise so far is Blake Corum going back to school, which seems to be somewhat based off his injury as well.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:16 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:15 pm https://twitter.com/zachcharbon/status/ ... z_HnznWH6w

Charbonett is staying in school, announced it a couple days ago and looks like we missed it.
Charbonnet declared:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnfJ6wxvCCy ... hare_sheet

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:16 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:15 pm https://twitter.com/zachcharbon/status/ ... z_HnznWH6w

Charbonnet declared:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnfJ6wxvCCy ... hare_sheet
Lol you're right, I misread the date on the tweet. He still has his announcement he was staying last year pinned.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:19 pm

Last year, bro…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:21 pm

Kendre Miller also declared and I'm guessing Quentin Johnston is right behind him.