TJ Hockenson: Post trade value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

TJ Hockenson: Post trade value

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:04 pm

This guy seems to be in the plans for the Vikes.

Where do we value him in TE land right now?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: TJ Hockenson: Post trade value

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:04 pm This guy seems to be in the plans for the Vikes.

Kelce, Andrews, Kittle. I think I put Hock at number four right now. I can see an arguement for being in the same tier as Kittle.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:25 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:04 pm This guy seems to be in the plans for the Vikes.

Kelce, Andrews, Kittle. I think I put Hock at number four right now. I can see an arguement for being in the same tier as Kittle.
I agree. Many will have pitts above him. I've watched every vikings game and he's in the perfect offense to take advantage of him. I also agree the Vikings will be extending him long term

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:35 pm

Hock is a good reminder that some players get drafted to a bad team fit. I don’t think Hock suddenly became good. I think he was vastly underutilized in DET and has ascended bigtime since the trade. He was a tremendous prospect and I’m not sure his stint in DET was the classic ramp up timing on a TE.

I put him right up there with Andrews and behind only Kelce. I worry Andrews may lose a little if Lamar leaves or if Likely continues to expand his role. I think I trust Hock and Kittle slightly more than Andrews heading into next offseason due to situation but all are fantastic. I loved Hock as a prospect and it’s great to see him finally getting targets. He’s a perfect fit in MIN and complements Jefferson well.

This also reminds me to be patient with Pitts. He flashed last year and has the skill set to be awesome… just needs a better situation. If ATL climbs out of the bottom of pass attempts next season, Pitts could join this group but he’s not there yet.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:53 pm

Needalife wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:35 pm Hock is a good reminder that some players get drafted to a bad team fit. I don’t think Hock suddenly became good. I think he was vastly underutilized in DET and has ascended bigtime since the trade. He was a tremendous prospect and I’m not sure his stint in DET was the classic ramp up timing on a TE.

I put him right up there with Andrews and behind only Kelce. I worry Andrews may lose a little if Lamar leaves or if Likely continues to expand his role. I think I trust Hock and Kittle slightly more than Andrews heading into next offseason due to situation but all are fantastic. I loved Hock as a prospect and it’s great to see him finally getting targets. He’s a perfect fit in MIN and complements Jefferson well.

This also reminds me to be patient with Pitts. He flashed last year and has the skill set to be awesome… just needs a better situation. If ATL climbs out of the bottom of pass attempts next season, Pitts could join this group but he’s not there yet.
Agree! :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:16 pm

Trying to be unbiased as a Vikings fan, but man does Hock look great in that offense. A perfect combo of skill and utilization. I like him top 5 easy.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:22 pm

Seeing how this forum is about dynasty football, I have Hock ahead of Kittle, Kelce, probably even Andrews now too, since Lamar may be out of Baltimore.

It is ALL about being in the right situation, which Kelce and Andrews were in, but Andrews may be leaving.
Kittle is looking like his old self with Purdy at QB now too....situation in SF changed with the QB.

For dynasty, Hock is right up there with Pitts for me now, and may even be the new #1 TE, since he is only 3 years older than Pitts, but obviously in a MUCH better situation now than Pitts.

Just goes to show that all the guys who say take talent over landing spot may be wrong.
Hockenson trade shows just how important the surroundings are to fantasy success.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:44 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:22 pm
For dynasty, Hock is right up there with Pitts for me now, and may even be the new #1 TE, since he is only 3 years older than Pitts, but obviously in a MUCH better situation now than Pitts.

Just goes to show that all the guys who say take talent over landing spot may be wrong.
Hockenson trade shows just how important the surroundings are to fantasy success.
I don't think I'd move him for Pitts at this point, on the team I have him on, because I want to contend next year. I am not sure Pitts is that good, and I think Hock is. Pitts COULD be great, but I can't wait to find out, or take that floor. I like Hock's floor/ceiling combo right now, if Cousins stays in Minnesota.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:43 am

in 11 games with the vikes he got 97 targets. this includes week 18 when he only had 1 (played less than 50% snaps).

good choice to go by TJ, too, as thomas james is a lot more boring.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:48 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:43 am in 11 games with the vikes he got 97 targets. this includes week 18 when he only had 1 (played less than 50% snaps).

good choice to go by TJ, too, as thomas james is a lot more boring.
Looking at Cousins contract, he's a 3 million cap hit, about 10 million less than the franchise tag. He's a 49 million dollar dead cap hit. Seems likely captain Kirk is back....so unless something strange happens, it's....

Hocken-season
Janiel Dones Truther

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 am

Always been a major Hock fan and loved the trade to Minnesota. Glad to see him truly break out as an elite TE.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:38 am

With age I think he's TE2 right now, Andrews still the #1 but I if Lamar doesn't get his deal he'll lose that spot

Kittle and Kelce the better redraft options but Kelce is getting older and Kittle is always a health scare
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:49 am

Kelce

Pitts

Andrews
Goedert
Hock
Kittle
Waller

Chig

Freiermuth
Engram

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:44 am

I don't think I'd move him for Pitts at this point, on the team I have him on, because I want to contend next year. I am not sure Pitts is that good, and I think Hock is. Pitts COULD be great, but I can't wait to find out, or take that floor. I like Hock's floor/ceiling combo right now, if Cousins stays in Minnesota.
That is why I said that Hock may even be the new #1 TE in dynasty.
It will be interesting to see where Hock goes now in TEP start up drafts in relation to Pitts.

Yes, obviously Hock had a better 2022 season with his new team, but I would compare Hock's 2nd NFL season with Pitts 2nd NFL season, so that I was comparing apples with apples.

I would not blame anyone for taking Hock as the TE1 in dynasty now over Pitts.
As a Pitts owner, my dream is that one day Pitts finds his perfect fit like Hock did this year.

For those still clinging to Kelce as TE1 in dynasty, I just scratch my head.

Yes, Kelce had a GREAT 2022 season, and is my TE1 in 2023 Redraft leagues.
I can't put Kelce ahead of Hockenson or Pitts in dynasty though.

If I were competing I would want Hock.
In a rebuild I am fine waiting on Pitts.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:04 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:44 am

That is why I said that Hock may even be the new #1 TE in dynasty.
It will be interesting to see where Hock goes now in TEP start up drafts in relation to Pitts.

Yes, obviously Hock had a better 2022 season with his new team, but I would compare Hock's 2nd NFL season with Pitts 2nd NFL season, so that I was comparing apples with apples.

I would not blame anyone for taking Hock as the TE1 in dynasty now over Pitts.
As a Pitts owner, my dream is that one day Pitts finds his perfect fit like Hock did this year.

For those still clinging to Kelce as TE1 in dynasty, I just scratch my head.

Yes, Kelce had a GREAT 2022 season, and is my TE1 in 2023 Redraft leagues.
I can't put Kelce ahead of Hockenson or Pitts in dynasty though.
Depends on team makeup. If I'm a strong contender, Kelce is the most valuable TE out there. In a 2-3 year window, he still creates a positional advantage you cant get anywhere else. He was on 3 of the 4 winning rosters of my leagues this year. I get getting out while the getting is good, but the goal is also to win leagues as well. Give me his TE4ish price tag over Pitts for TE1 prices.