2022-23 playoffs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022-23 playoffs

Postby mild » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:27 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:02 pm And credit the Giants. No turnovers either, Daniel Jones moves the chains. I wonder why they don't feed Barkley more though.
He's being leveraged on every play, regardless of his touches. The whole defense practically keys to his movements, which is what is opening up all these great looks behind the linebackers all the time for Richie James / Hodgins / Slayton when he catches it, et al.

Daboll could just run him 25 times, sure... but he's out here playing 3D chess. :lol: Make everyone's eyes move with Saquon, and then play the counter-move over and over. Breida did some great work today on exactly those kind of Barkley motion-plays, and ditto for a lot of Dimes' keepers.

If the Giants ever get an AJ Brown/alpha level receiver, look the f- out. What Daboll is manufacturing with absolute no-names is absurd.

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:56 pm

Yeah, it’s not Cousins fault. But I say it is. He’s not worth his insane contract and the amount he’s paid does impact money they can spend elsewhere. He also doesn’t elevate the offense enough in big games. I don’t care that his stats look good. Too many times in big games he under performs in key situations. I’m from Minnesota and I’m just so over Cousins as the QB.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:05 pm

palevermilion wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:56 pm Yeah, it’s not Cousins fault. But I say it is. He’s not worth his insane contract and the amount he’s paid does impact money they can spend elsewhere. He also doesn’t elevate the offense enough in big games. I don’t care that his stats look good. Too many times in big games he under performs in key situations. I’m from Minnesota and I’m just so over Cousins as the QB.
Hard to blame the QB for a game where the defense got killed on the ground and gave up 31. It has nothing to do with his cap hit either.

Cousins is just an easy scapegoat for some fans to feel better about flawed teams.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:15 pm

palevermilion wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:56 pm Yeah, it’s not Cousins fault. But I say it is. He’s not worth his insane contract and the amount he’s paid does impact money they can spend elsewhere. He also doesn’t elevate the offense enough in big games. I don’t care that his stats look good. Too many times in big games he under performs in key situations. I’m from Minnesota and I’m just so over Cousins as the QB.
Who can the Vikings realistically get to play QB that's better than Cousins?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:28 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:15 pm
Nobody, and therein lies the problem.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:29 pm

Name another QB with 8 come from behind 4th quarter wins this year. I'll wait

Burrows and Herbert's on rookie deals don't grow on trees. Especially when your team isn't trash and picking in the top 5 every year

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:34 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:05 pm
Hard to blame the QB for a game where the defense got killed on the ground and gave up 31. It has nothing to do with his cap hit either.

Cousins is just an easy scapegoat for some fans to feel better about flawed teams.
But it’s never been his fault. I’m just tired of hearing it. He’s not the problem. Sure. But he’s not the solution either. Yeah the defense sucks. And Cousins isn’t the answer either. Both are true.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:44 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:29 pm
Name another QB with 8 come from behind 4th quarter wins this year. I'll wait

Burrows and Herbert's on rookie deals don't grow on trees. Especially when your team isn't trash and picking in the top 5 every year
Derek Carr has had the 4th quarter/OT come from behind thing for years. Isn't changing his fate. Raiders haven't had a top half D (and mostly bottom 5-8 his entire career), and their best finish was 20th I think, when he was 12-3 before breaking his leg. Sucks. QB is the easy scape goat. Most people see it like a starting pitcher in baseball, for some reason.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:46 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:28 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:15 pm
Nobody, and therein lies the problem.
Who can they get to roster and coach a better D is actually the problem, when it comes to getting beyond this stage of the playoffs.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:49 pm

palevermilion wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:34 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:05 pm

But it’s never been his fault. I’m just tired of hearing it. He’s not the problem. Sure. But he’s not the solution either. Yeah the defense sucks. And Cousins isn’t the answer either. Both are true.
It's just the reality of having a solid to good, but not great QB. You lose too much by giving up on a player like that.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:56 pm

Sure those things need to be addressed, but ultimately you need a QB who is able to overcome a shortcoming of some kind, or a roster that's just so loaded the QB just needs to not screw up. Kirk isn't the problem, but he's not a solution either. Vikings are stuck in QB purgatory with a guy that's too good to move on from but not good enough to win with. At least having a bad QB gives you clarity on the situation you are in and should force you into trying to find a QB, but when have a guy like Kirk you just stick with him even though you know you need better but fear having worse.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:09 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:56 pm Sure those things need to be addressed, but ultimately you need a QB who is able to overcome a shortcoming of some kind, or a roster that's just so loaded the QB just needs to not screw up. Kirk isn't the problem, but he's not a solution either. Vikings are stuck in QB purgatory with a guy that's too good to move on from but not good enough to win with. At least having a bad QB gives you clarity on the situation you are in and should force you into trying to find a QB, but when have a guy like Kirk you just stick with him even though you know you need better but fear having worse.
I agree. With a QB like Cousins, or Carr, or Dak, you need to be savvy enough in the front office to build a D, with players/staff. It wasn't Cousins fault they lost, but if they built a competent D, they'd at least be in the next round. Typically, you need a good offense, coupled with top end D to win a SB. Or, an elite offense coupled with a a good D. Mahomes like players, they don't grow on trees.

Some teams feel it's better to try for building the D, once they feel like they have an upper echelon type QB, because the QB thing continues to be the most elusive to chase, it's the hardest to scout.

If the Eagles win this year, I will tell you. Fields, and a few other stand a lot to gain.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 pm

Whacky ending. I don't really think, regardless of that weird change in scoring near the end, that this helps Lamar's value. Huntley was questionable all week, and put up a good fight. He's not the answer, but is Lamar at 300 million guaranteed, considering he couldn't sniff a SB at a fraction of the price? Wait, the front office that drafted him at a value and was lauded for doing so is now the villain, right.....If they move him for a haul, don't be surprised. I can't see how the Ravens pay Lamar what he wants. I really think it's done there, and some sucker team will pay him to fill seats, but I don't see his game winning a SB at this point.

Incoming........Sheltering my head... :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:26 pm

Terrible clock management at the end by the Ravens. They wasted so much time.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 pm Whacky ending. I don't really think, regardless of that weird change in scoring near the end, that this helps Lamar's value. Huntley was questionable all week, and put up a good fight. He's not the answer, but is Lamar at 300 million guaranteed, considering he couldn't sniff a SB at a fraction of the price? Wait, the front office that drafted him at a value and was lauded for doing so is now the villain, right.....If they move him for a haul, don't be surprised. I can't see how the Ravens pay Lamar what he wants. I really think it's done there, and some sucker team will pay him to fill seats, but I don't see his game winning a SB at this point.

Incoming........Sheltering my head... :lol:
Now the Raiders gonna trade for him and give him the contract.