Cost of the 1.01 Pick

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Cost of the 1.01 Pick

Postby tstafford » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:29 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:19 am Bijan is only a sell high if someone is going to make you a very irresponsible offer.
Would you say London/Olave/Wilson is "very irresponsible"?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Good stuff here guys, keep it coming. Thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:04 pm

I think like others have eluded to already here, it's not worth buying Bijan. Take it from someone who bought Barkley. I paid the 2018 1.03, 2.03, 3.03, my 2019 1st and 2019 2nd. I won't MMQB my way through what those picks could have been, but instead focus on a very possible result of a move like that. 20 games missed over the course of 5 years, I believe 4 of which he was knocked out of (so a close to 0 on your starting roster that week), quite a few "recovery/reduced workload" games where you had to decide if it was even worth starting him (and sometimes it definitely was not.) And people are still hesitant to say Bijan is better than Barkley. Giving up multiple first round picks is dangerous enough to put on one player; giving up high profile starters just seems counterproductive. There is no addition through subtraction angle to be played here. And the argument of increased value of "RB scarcity" is just as easily countered by the risk of RBs. Shorter shelf-life, heightened injury risk, more susceptible to bad offenses/QBs/play calling than other positions IMO....

TLDR: don't do it. Don't even bother teasing yourself thinking about doing it. Click on the stat history for Barkley and ask yourself if what you are asked to give up is worth that. Because it's not just a possible outcome, it's the probable outcome. Fantasies of Bijan coming out the gate as an RB1 regardless of landing spot, maintaining perfect health, and staying a top 5RB every season for the next 6 years is the long shot outcome; not the likely one.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:42 pm

I am guessing most 1.01 owners wouldn't trade it straight up for JT.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:54 pm

dustyroads wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:04 pm I think like others have eluded to already here, it's not worth buying Bijan. Take it from someone who bought Barkley. I paid the 2018 1.03, 2.03, 3.03, my 2019 1st and 2019 2nd. I won't MMQB my way through what those picks could have been, but instead focus on a very possible result of a move like that. 20 games missed over the course of 5 years, I believe 4 of which he was knocked out of (so a close to 0 on your starting roster that week), quite a few "recovery/reduced workload" games where you had to decide if it was even worth starting him (and sometimes it definitely was not.) And people are still hesitant to say Bijan is better than Barkley. Giving up multiple first round picks is dangerous enough to put on one player; giving up high profile starters just seems counterproductive. There is no addition through subtraction angle to be played here. And the argument of increased value of "RB scarcity" is just as easily countered by the risk of RBs. Shorter shelf-life, heightened injury risk, more susceptible to bad offenses/QBs/play calling than other positions IMO....

TLDR: don't do it. Don't even bother teasing yourself thinking about doing it. Click on the stat history for Barkley and ask yourself if what you are asked to give up is worth that. Because it's not just a possible outcome, it's the probable outcome. Fantasies of Bijan coming out the gate as an RB1 regardless of landing spot, maintaining perfect health, and staying a top 5RB every season for the next 6 years is the long shot outcome; not the likely one.
*hug* I too have fallen victim to this kind of overpay for Barkley. You always hope the best that your player will stay healthy and the draft picks traded will end up Blackmon, DGB, K. White, and Treadwell. But seldom does it actually work out that way thus setting you back years. I love fantasy football.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:06 pm

Going back to the OP, I think you will have to offer more to try and lock up the 1.01. That pick will be gold and so costly this season especially as rookie drafts get closer. If you do want to try and land the pick, I do think you are on the right path be trying to get it done this early in the offseason.

I think you and I DM'ed about this topic but good luck and I hope you can grab the pick in one of the leagues.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:12 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:06 pm Going back to the OP, I think you will have to offer more to try and lock up the 1.01. That pick will be gold and so costly this season especially as rookie drafts get closer. If you do want to try and land the pick, I do think you are on the right path be trying to get it done this early in the offseason.

I think you and I DM'ed about this topic but good luck and I hope you can grab the pick in one of the leagues.
Thanks. I did offer Deshaun + Tyreek + 2024 and he pretty much laughed. HATES Watson so...I'll have to try harder. I don't want to trade Jefferson, and yet, I don't want to give away my strength—my WRs—Jefferson, Tyreek, KAllen, Jeudy, EMoore.

SO...not sure what will do it.

He traded me Kelce for what turned out to be the 1.09 (good deal for me IMO).

This is in Dynasty #4 where RBs are premium. D#3 I haven't heard back yet, but Lamar + Zeke + Pollard + 2024 1st might not be close either IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:35 pm

tstafford wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:29 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:19 am Bijan is only a sell high if someone is going to make you a very irresponsible offer.
Would you say London/Olave/Wilson is "very irresponsible"?
Yes, as the owner of the 1.01, I would jump at an offer for all three of them.
However, from the other side I see that as an over-pay for Bijan, "irresponsible" offer.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:38 pm

jomaed wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:42 pm I am guessing most 1.01 owners wouldn't trade it straight up for JT.
Doubtful, but I will offer JT for Bijan in leagues where I have him.
I expect that I will have to put something on top of JT.

In the one league where I have the 1.01, any JT offer would have to add something else.
I will take Bijan over JT straight up.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:46 pm

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread as the owner of 1.01 and 1.02. Requirement start 2-3 RB so the slight dip but I am still looking forward to seeing the offers I get.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay Flowers/Josh Downs/Tank Dell/Dontayvion Wicks
TE - Sam LaPorta/TJ Hockenson/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Christian Barmore/Brian Burns/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Skyy Moore/Trey Palmer/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1.9, 1.10, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 3.8, 4.8
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:57 pm

Pantherbro13 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:46 pm I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread as the owner of 1.01 and 1.02. Requirement start 2-3 RB so the slight dip but I am still looking forward to seeing the offers I get.
dont forget to be proactive too and send out some offers yourself.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:21 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:57 pm
Pantherbro13 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:46 pm I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread as the owner of 1.01 and 1.02. Requirement start 2-3 RB so the slight dip but I am still looking forward to seeing the offers I get.
dont forget to be proactive too and send out some offers yourself.
I will do that after the picks actually where they are in the draft order. My league is still on the 22 season page. Seeing some of the potential offers around here are exciting.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay Flowers/Josh Downs/Tank Dell/Dontayvion Wicks
TE - Sam LaPorta/TJ Hockenson/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Christian Barmore/Brian Burns/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Skyy Moore/Trey Palmer/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1.9, 1.10, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 3.8, 4.8
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:39 pm

As an owner of the 1.1 and 1.2 as well I’ve only gotten offers for 1.2…I think everyone is afraid to even ask about 1.1 😂
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:14 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:12 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:06 pm Going back to the OP, I think you will have to offer more to try and lock up the 1.01. That pick will be gold and so costly this season especially as rookie drafts get closer. If you do want to try and land the pick, I do think you are on the right path be trying to get it done this early in the offseason.

Thanks. I did offer Deshaun + Tyreek + 2024 and he pretty much laughed. HATES Watson so...I'll have to try harder. I don't want to trade Jefferson, and yet, I don't want to give away my strength—my WRs—Jefferson, Tyreek, KAllen, Jeudy, EMoore.

SO...not sure what will do it.

He traded me Kelce for what turned out to be the 1.09 (good deal for me IMO).

This is in Dynasty #4 where RBs are premium. D#3 I haven't heard back yet, but Lamar + Zeke + Pollard + 2024 1st might not be close either IDK.
Based on not wanting to move Jefferson (good call) and the original offer not being close, I don't think you will land the 1.01 from that manager. I would not get too focused on that and end up making a bad deal. Sometimes, we just miss out on top rookies.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:34 pm

• Heard back from the guy in Dynasty #3
• He said I'm the leader in the clubhouse now and he needs several players so he likes my offer, he's open to moving this pick
• To remind you all—I offered my 2024 1st (probably in the 1.09-1.12 range) + Zeke + Pollard + Lamar

Thoughts?

He's a huge DAL fan, but I don't think I can add Lamb to this move. Might need SOME WR in the mix.

This would leave me with Henry/Bijan as my starting RBs.
My WRs are currently: Diggs, Lamb, Olave, ZJones, KJOsborn, Hodgins, McKenzie. I'd like to keep Diggs, Lamb, and Olave.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: