Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Cam Akers Official Thread

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:59 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm
Two Cents wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:17 pm

This reminds me of Fournette and I would caution people of discounting Akers too far because of it. I would definitely take a flier on him for a cheeseburger. Heck, I’d make it a combo meal to “sweeten the pot”. With Henderson just getting cut, I think the Rams are settings Akers up for success down the stretch so they can try and trade him sometime during the offseason.

¢¢
Not a bad theory, but you really don't have to cut another RB to do that, you could just give Akers the work. Henderson got cut for something other than trying to drum up some interest for Akers in a trade.
So…you’re saying it’s a bad theory?
I'd agree it's a bad theory. It doesn't make sense from a practical sense. If anything it'd make most sense to feed both of them to try and get someone to sign Henderson for a comp pick and trade Akers to hedge you're bet.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:06 pm

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:23 pm

He actually looked decent the little I saw of him today.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:06 am

So, is Akers still a cripple? Just asking.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:07 am

Akers = 1.01
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:23 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:07 am Akers = 1.01
I'd put him in the D'Onta Foreman category. I think it's funny he became unstartable, just to go off in the semi's for FF.

Akers trajectory was shot by 2 years in his RB prime with little production. He's done little in his career, and has overall been a disappointment for a variety of reasons, and 1 big game against a dumpster fire team won't change that, but it may give people an off season boost to move him if they want.

Anybody who was on the "hold him" track after his value shot back up to close to top 5 back prices has already lost, they will never get that value back, and had another lost season where he wasn't worth being in your lineup.

He's an average NFL back at this point. His vision isn't the greatest, he still doesn't catch passes, and he's on a team that is going to be bad next year again. Still nowhere near a first round pick in rookie value for me.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:39 am

Nobody is arguing that he has little value. The question was could he still run like a nfl rb. Since he came back from his enforced holiday he has looked rather decent. Which i think answers the question.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:19 am

Akers isn't a cripple, but I don't value him like I do any dynasty T15RB. I think FantasyFreak's comp of Foreman is a good one. Both are the guys you're glad you grabbed cheap or held onto, that you can plug in for a late-season run and get some good stats. But I don't think anyone thinks they should run out and offer 1sts+Players to get either one.

For instance, here's a scenario on one of my keeper leagues. The Akers owner has to surrender his 2023 1st to keep Akers. Because of our system, that's at least 1.04 and maybe 1.01. He'd planned months ago to drop Akers and take the pick. Even with Akers' resurgence, this guy isn't giving up the 1.04 (or better) to keep Akers because no one can trust Akers' role and production to continue next season.

But if the question is, does Akers look like a RB who can handle the pounding of the NFL? Then I'll say, yes, for now. The tricky part with those types of injuries is sometimes they prevent athletes from ever looking decent again, and sometimes they allow a short window of okay play before the effects kick in again and the player can't produce.

For now, I value these RBs above Akers for dynasty: Rhamondre, Pollard, Miles S, Najee, Etienne, Conner.
I place Akers above these RBs for dynasty value: Dang, this is hard than I thought - I can't find good RBs I'd put behind Akers. I'm having a hard time with anyone better then Murray, AJDillon, and maybe Swift.

Akers is in that weird place where managers should be happy to hold him, but not expect much trade value for him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:05 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:06 am So, is Akers still a cripple? Just asking.
Maybe. But not as crippled as the entire DEN D.

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:50 am

It seems weird that he’s looked so much better with Baker under center. I suppose he’s literally the last man standing with the injuries they’ve had. No Stafford locking on to Kupp all game. Plus Stafford has looked like dog 💩 all year with the arm injury. He also isn’t getting blown up as soon as he touches the ball. It’s nice to see him be able to rip off big chunks of yardage to start the game. With Henderson gone he’s the #1 guy. It also helps that he’s GL back and not getting rotated out every other play. Have 2 shares wondering if he finishes off the season strong I can get something decent back if I move him.
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:51 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:19 am Akers isn't a cripple, but I don't value him like I do any dynasty T15RB. I think FantasyFreak's comp of Foreman is a good one. Both are the guys you're glad you grabbed cheap or held onto, that you can plug in for a late-season run and get some good stats. But I don't think anyone thinks they should run out and offer 1sts+Players to get either one.

For instance, here's a scenario on one of my keeper leagues. The Akers owner has to surrender his 2023 1st to keep Akers. Because of our system, that's at least 1.04 and maybe 1.01. He'd planned months ago to drop Akers and take the pick. Even with Akers' resurgence, this guy isn't giving up the 1.04 (or better) to keep Akers because no one can trust Akers' role and production to continue next season.

But if the question is, does Akers look like a RB who can handle the pounding of the NFL? Then I'll say, yes, for now. The tricky part with those types of injuries is sometimes they prevent athletes from ever looking decent again, and sometimes they allow a short window of okay play before the effects kick in again and the player can't produce.

For now, I value these RBs above Akers for dynasty: Rhamondre, Pollard, Miles S, Najee, Etienne, Conner.
I place Akers above these RBs for dynasty value: Dang, this is hard than I thought - I can't find good RBs I'd put behind Akers. I'm having a hard time with anyone better then Murray, AJDillon, and maybe Swift.

Akers is in that weird place where managers should be happy to hold him, but not expect much trade value for him.
Akers above swift?? Nah come on I take aj Dillon for Akers as well

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:57 am

darewood11 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:51 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:19 am Akers isn't a cripple, but I don't value him like I do any dynasty T15RB. I think FantasyFreak's comp of Foreman is a good one. Both are the guys you're glad you grabbed cheap or held onto, that you can plug in for a late-season run and get some good stats. But I don't think anyone thinks they should run out and offer 1sts+Players to get either one.

For real, even with all the problems swift has had. Akers has had something similar more frequently and to a greater degree

Imo Akers is in that Devin, jamaal, eli Mitchell range

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:58 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:57 am
darewood11 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:51 am

For real, even with all the problems swift has had. Akers has had something similar more frequently and to a greater degree

Imo Akers is in that Devin, jamaal, eli Mitchell range
This I’d agree on so I’d hold if I own

runCMC
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby runCMC » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:42 am

Won me a Championship this weekend
12 Team 1QB IDP 2rb2wr1te2fl | ‘22 Champion

QB: Allen, Geno, Jones
RB: Barkley, Javonte, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, Gus, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Hollywood, Thornton, Metchie
TE: Hockenson, Henry, McBride

No '23 or '24 picks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:26 pm

runCMC wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:42 am Won me a Championship this weekend
You still play the finals this weekend?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".