General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Deshaun Watson

Postby MFundercover » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:39 pm

dustyroads wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:08 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:31 pm Your fantasy football roster is a strange place to virtue signal. Nobody cares.
Did you not read what I posted, or are you just being ignorant? The people that don't roster Watson generally, aren't virtue signalling, they are doing it because THEY care. That's it. They don't expect anyone else to. I've already tried to explain this. I don't go bragging to my league mates about how I won't roster Watson. The only time they would ever know, is if I get a trade offer involving him, and I do it so that I don't get more offers. That's not virtue signalling.
That one. Pretty sure it's that one.
I wasn't even responding to freak. Always so quick to jump on me, you're the one being ignorant here.

And yes I'm sure there are people who feel better about themselves for blacklisting Watson. And yes it's weird to use your fantasy football roster to signal your morals. Nobody cares.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:10 pm

Fantasy is stupid and trivial in the grand scheme. I personally treat players the way Halfbaked does. They are simply data points. There is no human element involved. In terms of sheer competitiveness, not rostering scumbag players puts you at a disadvantage, but again, I don't begrudge anyone for not wanting to roster players they don't like. This hobby is supposed to be fun.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:31 pm

dustyroads wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:08 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:31 pm Your fantasy football roster is a strange place to virtue signal. Nobody cares.
Did you not read what I posted, or are you just being ignorant? The people that don't roster Watson generally, aren't virtue signalling, they are doing it because THEY care. That's it. They don't expect anyone else to. I've already tried to explain this. I don't go bragging to my league mates about how I won't roster Watson. The only time they would ever know, is if I get a trade offer involving him, and I do it so that I don't get more offers. That's not virtue signalling.
That one. Pretty sure it's that one.

Another chicken or the egg about what's more annoying. People complaining. Or people complaining about people complaining. Or people using a strawman, or embellishing a few stray posts, in order to try to legitimize them back dooring in their own politics into a conversation where it's not needed. All the while saying out the other corner of their mouth, "keep that stuff out of here!". Comical really.

But on the actual topic at hand; like it or not, his transgressions do have a true impact on his value so they will continue to be brought up. Off the field issues and the possibility recidivism will lower values for some people the same way injuries will have some players labeled as "injury prone" and decrease their value for some. This is personally how I see him. His value is lower due to time away from the game, the likelihood his past issues to continue impacting his ability (psychologically) to perform at the most mental position on the field, and the chance he commits more acts that will keep him off the field for even longer. These risks are baked into people's evaluations on his price for some.
I am reading he's facing another lawsuit, apparently.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:15 am

10 of Watson's accusers are joining Tony Buzbee in a suite at the Browns-Houston game. You can't make this bleep up.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:01 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:10 pm Fantasy is stupid and trivial in the grand scheme. I personally treat players the way Halfbaked does. They are simply data points. There is no human element involved. In terms of sheer competitiveness, not rostering scumbag players puts you at a disadvantage, but again, I don't begrudge anyone for not wanting to roster players they don't like. This hobby is supposed to be fun.
Great way to look at it although not sure I buy into competitive disadvantage given player tiers. I know I wouldn't roster Watson as an example but I have as good or better QB's.

I sure don't buy a fantasy owners choice of players to roster as virtue signalling. Most people that actually have good character don't run around throwing it in others faces although some may deflect that in some attempt to diminish others.

In the end, I could care less if anyone rosters him, I just hope he loses every game but then again, as a fan I hope several teams lose every game.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:51 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:10 pm Fantasy is stupid and trivial in the grand scheme. I personally treat players the way Halfbaked does. They are simply data points. There is no human element involved. In terms of sheer competitiveness, not rostering scumbag players puts you at a disadvantage, but again, I don't begrudge anyone for not wanting to roster players they don't like. This hobby is supposed to be fun.
What fun is rostering players you don't like when you can find similar players instead?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:39 pm

Let me sum things up, some of us are done with him. Our choice. Some of us aren't done with him, their choice. None of us will change others minds. Neither of us are "right," just how we feel. Carry on and let's talk football
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:36 pm

Watson is going to go 27/34 for 282 and 2/0 this week.

That's all that matters to me.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:52 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:36 pm Watson is going to go 27/34 for 282 and 2/0 this week.

He might. But man, it's been a long time since he's been on the field. I'm curious to see what things look like with the Brown's offense this weekend. Who would you feel really good about starting besides maybe Chubb and Cooper?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:19 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:52 pm
Shankopotamus wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:36 pm Watson is going to go 27/34 for 282 and 2/0 this week.

He might. But man, it's been a long time since he's been on the field. I'm curious to see what things look like with the Brown's offense this weekend. Who would you feel really good about starting besides maybe Chubb and Cooper?
If the game had more shootout potential, I'd say DPJ would be a hot FLEX ticket. For all Watsons flaws (cough!) he can throw a damn good deep ball - something we've not even really seen too much of yet this year for DPJ, but we know is in his skillset. (He's been playing really well as a intermediate possession receiver thus far)

Unfortunately, that kind of thing largely won't be required - this game could just as easily be over by Halftime with the state of the Texans right now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:01 pm

You think you can tell the future, and if you're wrong on this statement, you lose all credibility. That's all that matters to me. We'll use the golfing term of a 'shank" of a prediction.:thumbup:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:14 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:52 pm Who would you feel really good about starting besides maybe Chubb and Cooper?
The Chief!
I'd like to see 2 slams this week. But I'll settle for 7/80/1.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:54 am

I'm not starting him yet, will roll with TLaw but keeping an eye on Watson. I HOPE he returns to form.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:14 am

I gave him up for nothing like a year and a half ago. Feels bad now.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:17 pm

It’s either Watson, Russ, or Mike White for me this week.

:wall:
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.04, 1.05, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early), 1st (early), 1st (mid)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, MHJ, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Brooks, Ekeler
T: Andrews, Granson

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle