Way, way, waaaay too early 2023 Draft class thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Way, way, waaaay too early 2023 Draft class thread

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:52 pm

Long ways off from knowing who is drafting where but I get it ... Fun to fantasize !

Boat load of teams looking for QB so look for at least 4 guys going really early. Why couldn't that have happened this year for the Lions😞

Couldn't sell the 2nd overall as no one wanted any QB ( or any player) bad enough to move up. Let the board fall to them and take the best guy. Lions then moved up to snag Jameson whom I like but was banging the drum for Jordan Davis or Homeboy "SAUCE" to shore up defense.

Lions will be one of those teams taking a STUD QB if available. Along w/ Car , Colts , Wash, Hou , TB , NO , SEA , Rams all needing a future guy. Possibly Broncos if new ownership doesn't care about the money 💰( they don't have to )Young , Stroud & Hooker are all 1sts as of now Huntley could move on I believe could move on from Ravens to take one of those spots.

Seattle will win too many gms so likely roll w/ Geno another year if he keeps it up. TB , NO & Rams won't tank . Irsay already has done it before for Luck & is doing it again. Best bets are Det , Hou and Car to be worst records but the Bears might have something to say about that.

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:13 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:52 pm Long ways off from knowing who is drafting where but I get it ... Fun to fantasize !

Boat load of teams looking for QB so look for at least 4 guys going really early. Why couldn't that have happened this year for the Lions😞

Couldn't sell the 2nd overall as no one wanted any QB ( or any player) bad enough to move up. Let the board fall to them and take the best guy. Lions then moved up to snag Jameson whom I like but was banging the drum for Jordan Davis or Homeboy "SAUCE" to shore up defense.

Lions will be one of those teams taking a STUD QB if available. Along w/ Car , Colts , Wash, Hou , TB , NO , SEA , Rams all needing a future guy. Possibly Broncos if new ownership doesn't care about the money 💰( they don't have to )Young , Stroud & Hooker are all 1sts as of now Huntley could move on I believe could move on from Ravens to take one of those spots.

Seattle will win too many gms so likely roll w/ Geno another year if he keeps it up. TB , NO & Rams won't tank . Irsay already has done it before for Luck & is doing it again. Best bets are Det , Hou and Car to be worst records but the Bears might have something to say about that.
I think Seattle has Denver's first for 2023.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:34 pm

TheBelgian wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:13 pm I think Seattle has Denver's first for 2023.
Correct, they do. The Russ trade looking more and more like a Herschel Walker-esque franchise-maker by the week.

re. Saints via Eagles pick:

Saints still have games against the Panthers, Falcons, and Rams on the schedule.

I think that pick is definitely top 10 (obviously) but I suspect they will play too hard to have a top 2 pick - which is where I expect the 2 desired QB's to go when it's all said and done on draft day.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:35 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:00 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:34 am
Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:26 amThis whole off season was about them being unsure about Hurts. It seemed to light a fire under him and he took a jump. He can still improve, which is scary! GMs think differently than coaches. I don’t think it is a big deal to the locker room honestly. Players want to get paid, GM’s and owners want to make sure they’re putting together the best team for the best price.
Hurts improved, but given his character, not certain these reports and his improvement is a cause/effect relationship.
His character? What are you referring too?
Hurts doesn't talk openly about his weaknesses. All he does is work on them and let his play on the field do the talking (and an occasional hoodie). Whether it's his throwing ability or reading defenses, he has improved on previously identified issues.

His mentality is to constantly work to improve. He builds rapport with his teammates, who buy into his mentality. He established this before he joined the NFL.

My problem with the quoted post was that it implies he improved because he had a fire lit under him, and without that Hurts wouldn't have addressed the identified issues.

On that front, it'll be interesting to track Hurts' effectiveness against the blitz, which an NFC rival identified as a weakness this year.

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2022/09 ... rovements/
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/347 ... ssing-game
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... -franchise
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:37 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:34 pm
TheBelgian wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:13 pm I think Seattle has Denver's first for 2023.
Correct, they do. The Russ trade looking more and more like a Herschel Walker-esque franchise-maker by the week.

Saints still have games against the Panthers, Falcons, and Rams on the schedule.

I think that pick is definitely top 10 (obviously) but I suspect they will play too hard to have a top 2 pick - which is where I expect the 2 desired QB's to go when it's all said and done on draft day.
Agreed, but moving from, say, 5th to 2nd would be easier for Philly would be easier than 10th to 2nd. I've seen mocks preferring the top DE over the two QBs, so Philly could address the defense instead.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:32 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:35 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:00 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:34 am
Hurts improved, but given his character, not certain these reports and his improvement is a cause/effect relationship.
His character? What are you referring too?
Hurts doesn't talk openly about his weaknesses. All he does is work on them and let his play on the field do the talking (and an occasional hoodie). Whether it's his throwing ability or reading defenses, he has improved on previously identified issues.

His mentality is to constantly work to improve. He builds rapport with his teammates, who buy into his mentality. He established this before he joined the NFL.

My problem with the quoted post was that it implies he improved because he had a fire lit under him, and without that Hurts wouldn't have addressed the identified issues.

On that front, it'll be interesting to track Hurts' effectiveness against the blitz, which an NFC rival identified as a weakness this year.

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2022/09 ... rovements/
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/347 ... ssing-game
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... -franchise
His character and being motivated through competition are not mutually exclusive. He definitely has high character and from all reports he sounds like a great person. His response to getting benched in college for Tua was great in game (though he chose to transfer after the season).

But let’s not revise history of what the past two seasons was:

1. A constant drumbeat of news speculating trades for Watson.
2. Speculation of this being a make or break year knowing the eagles had a lot of draft picks to make moves and a good QB class coming out.
3. The eagles turning into a run dominant team after 8 games last year because hurts was not getting it done as a passer.

Those definitely play into motivation for athletes. Trust me, after coaching at the highest level of NCAA basketball these athletes can and do use this to get better. Hurts definitely used his work ethic and character to improve but outside motivation was a strong factor too.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:25 pm

Fun with mocks, Ryan Wilson of CBS-
Will Levis 1st overall to Detroit, Will Anderson 2nd to Houston, Bryce Young 3rd to Carolina, CJ Stroud 10th to Atlanta. First WR is Quentin Johnston 8th to Jax.

In explaining why Levis over Young, he emphasized the size difference. Pro teams red flagging slight frame. Johnston to Jacksonville would hit Kirk's stock.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:30 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:25 pm Fun with mocks, Ryan Wilson of CBS-
Will Levis 1st overall to Detroit, Will Anderson 2nd to Houston, Bryce Young 3rd to Carolina, CJ Stroud 10th to Atlanta. First WR is Quentin Johnston 8th to Jax.

In explaining why Levis over Young, he emphasized the size difference. Pro teams red flagging slight frame. Johnston to Jacksonville would hit Kirk's stock.
Seems strange to me for Johnston to go that early, but if it’s to Jax, that would be a very Baalke thing to do.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:21 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:30 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:25 pm Fun with mocks, Ryan Wilson of CBS-

Seems strange to me for Johnston to go that early, but if it’s to Jax, that would be a very Baalke thing to do.
Why? He's a phenomenal prospect analytically and will test pretty well

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:32 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:21 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:30 pm

Why? He's a phenomenal prospect analytically and will test pretty well
I have nothing against him. I’m just surprised that he would go above JSN or Addison. It just seems like a Baalke thing to do to value athleticism and jump over players the consensus ranks higher. I haven’t spent a lot of time digging into many of the prospects yet though, so maybe I need to look at him closer.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:33 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:37 pm
mild wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Agreed, but moving from, say, 5th to 2nd would be easier for Philly would be easier than 10th to 2nd. I've seen mocks preferring the top DE over the two QBs, so Philly could address the defense instead.
Agreed, a LOT of excitement in Philly right now revolving around the possibility of the Eagles being able to grab Will Anderson Jr. out of Alabama with that Saints pick.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Hard to believe that Houston would pass on a QB, but you never know.
I do agree that Young's frame will scare NFL teams, as he is small and skinny.
Brees, Russ Wilson, Kyler Murray, all had higher BMI than Young.

Johnston to JAX would surprise me, but not shock. Not sure how much that hurts Kirk stock, time will tell.
Johnston COULD be a baller, but those Big 12 WR's scare me as they play against such bad defenses, makes it hard to judge them.
Could be a stud, could be the next Jalen Reagor or Denzel Mims. Just don't know.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Jalin Hyatt putting up some big numbers this season with Hooker.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Will Levis with a very Will Levis like stat line of 8/14, 72 yards and an INT with -18 yards on the ground

Hendon Hooker with a very Hendon Hooker like stat line 13/16, 156 yards, 2 TD with 23 yards on the ground

Your move NFL GMs

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:36 pm

Levis having a disastrous night.