Cole Kmet—Hold, Trade, or Drop

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Cole Kmet—Hold, Trade, or Drop

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:39 am

I have a few shares of Kmet, but man, I'm about out of patience. Are we holding, dropping, what? He's owned in every league I'm in. My only thought is if they do get Fields some help next year, maybe Kmet will finally get some love. He's flashed this year but overall has been pretty disappointing since he came out. I know TEs usually take three years, but I feel like the Bears and TE/Kmet may never make this happen. And I LIVE in Chicago. Frustrating.

Thoughts? Thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, VIDAL, Ford, Warren WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, SINNOTT, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: Cole Kmet—Hold, Trade, or Drop

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:09 am

Depending on your other options he's still a hold. The whole CHI offense is garbage, but that's not Kmet's fault. They just don't have an identity. They're trying to make Fields into something he's not...while working with some jacked up pieces. You partially want to see what Eberflus is building, but it's a long road to recovery.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:22 am

Agree with above poster. Probably just hold.

Though I’m on the other side of your thought about Fields getting more help. If Kmet can’t do it now when he should be one of their best options, what’s he going to do with better target competition?

TE is so barren I don’t want to drop. He likely has no value to trade. So hold it is.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:31 am

I don't think there's anything special about him. What's his calling card? He just seems "okay" all around. Granted, I don't think the lack of production is squarely on him, but even in college he never really did anything that stuck out.

Would not be shocked if he's replaced in the offseason.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:03 am

He has 15 targets on the year. It's week 7. That's just not using him to his ability. I agree he's nothing special, but he's better than some of the other TE options right now. Give him a few decent wideouts that can stretch the field and he can squat down across the middle of the field.

It's a whole offense issue. Depending on your waiver replacement for him is really the question.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:11 am

I honestly don’t think you sell on a TE within three years. If you committed enough to draft him…you should ride it out. With that said…if you have better options, by all means…sell him. You’re just not going to get much (if anything) and he does have some upside.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:13 pm

Thanks, good responses here, guys. Appreciate it.

THIS FROM BRAD BIGGS' Q&A TODAY

Why is Cole Kmet not thrown to in the red zone? I know Justin Fields did throw to him in the first quarter via a defensive lineman’s helmet. They have never connected in the red zone. Why is that? — Bill F., Waynesboro, Va.

I would expand the question to this: Why isn’t Kmet being thrown to anywhere on the field? He has 15 targets through six games (2.5 per game) a year after he was targeted 93 times (5.5 average). He has 10 receptions for 116 yards and is one of the most underutilized targets in the passing game. I say “one of” because before Darnell Mooney was targeted 12 times in the loss to the Washington Commanders last week, the ball was not going his direction enough.

The offense failed to use Kmet in the red zone last season, and it wasn’t simply because the previous coaching staff really liked using Jimmy Graham as a threat near the goal line. The Bears simply didn’t do a good enough job of getting him the ball. Kmet was targeted 12 times in the red zone in 2021 and had five receptions for 36 yards and no touchdowns. Inside the 10-yard line, he had three targets and no catches.

This year Kmet has two targets in the red zone and has one reception for minus-3 yards. Some of the blame falls on offensive coordinator Luke Getsy and the coaching staff and some of it falls on quarterback Justin Fields. Kmet was open in the flat for what should have been a short gain in Week 5 against the New York Giants, and instead of attempting the pass, Fields tried to scramble and was dropped for a sack.

Kmet got a little more action last season in games Fields didn’t start, but the numbers were relatively close. In 10 starts by Fields, Kmet averaged 5.2 targets and 3.2 catches. In the seven games started by Andy Dalton or Nick Foles, Kmet averaged 5.9 targets and 4.0 catches.

Kmet won’t become an elite pass-catching tight end, but he has enough talent to be far more productive in the passing game and he’s a big target with generally reliable hands that Fields needs to find in the middle of the field more regularly. He also has been serially underused in the red zone, where the offense has had well-documented issues the last couple of weeks. One would imagine this is something Getsy and the offensive coaches have looked at closely during the mini-bye.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, VIDAL, Ford, Warren WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, SINNOTT, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:55 pm

If it was just Kmet I would be more worried - not saying I’m not worried, but this isn’t about him. It’s about Fields, and about the offense.

Mooney has mostly been trash… Fields is out here throwing the ball 20 times a game… gotta just hold him.

And re: Kmet’s talent, I agree he’s not special. He seems decently athletic but yes not special. He’s not Goedert out there. But I don’t see much difference between him & Friermuth TBH (in terms of skill)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Lesman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lesman » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:23 am

I just acquired him as a throw-in on a trade. I'm going to try to hold for another year or two... as long as I can bear the roster spot. It might take him moving on to another team after his rookie contract before producing, though.
12 team standard (start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: TLaw, Watson
RB: ETN, Bijan, A. Jones, AJ Dillon, Charbs, Rochon
WR: AJ Brown, ARSB, G Wilson, London, Pickens, Bateman, Mims
TE: Njoku, Kmet

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:38 am

kmet isn't getting targets because fields' processing time is slow, he isn't a main option and the offense is a lot worse than last season.

aside from that, he's in that "back-end TE1" purgatory, along with about 15 others.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:22 pm

SO are we starting Kmet now? I have him in two leagues—benched for Ertz, and benched behind Kelce/Pitts (I start TWO TEs in that league). I may have to start him as Ertz is hurt, and maybe over Pitts. IDK. Thoughts?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:37 pm

I own him in a 14T where my starter was Waller and backups are Kmet and Henry, so Kmet has been a starter for me most of the year already 😂
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:29 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:22 pm SO are we starting Kmet now? I have him in two leagues—benched for Ertz, and benched behind Kelce/Pitts (I start TWO TEs in that league). I may have to start him as Ertz is hurt, and maybe over Pitts. IDK. Thoughts?
I'm starting him with my few shares. Definite start over Pitts to me. Wouldn't hesitate.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:41 am

Started him last week with Andrews on a bye, now trying to figure out if Andrews is healthy enough to start or if I roll with Kmet again for 1 more week to prove out Andrews is healthy. I know I know, it's a good problem to have...
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:30 pm

KCLep20 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:41 am Started him last week with Andrews on a bye, now trying to figure out if Andrews is healthy enough to start or if I roll with Kmet again for 1 more week to prove out Andrews is healthy. I know I know, it's a good problem to have...
I am in the same boat! Feel like I may roll with Kmet here, just to make sure Andrews isn't a decoy again even if active.