2022 preseason: Week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2022 preseason: Week 3

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Joshua Kelley all but locking up the backup role, by the looks of it. Kevin Harris looking good for the Pats. With news of Montgomery's injury, I think Harris may make that roster.

Baker looking good for the Panthers. Was there ever any real doubt he was going to be the starter?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:32 pm Joshua Kelley all but locking up the backup role, by the looks of it. Kevin Harris looking good for the Pats. With news of Montgomery's injury, I think Harris may make that roster.

Baker looking good for the Panthers. Was there ever any real doubt he was going to be the starter?
Not for me. There's enough data around Darnold... out of 36 qualifying QB's last year, he's 30th or lower (and in some cases dead last) in nearly every passing statistic we know about. I can't find that exact tweet, but I know it's out there. He's brutal.

Baker is no franchise saviour, but he at least can be middling. Matt Rhule will take that, that's far more his style.

I'd love to be more excited about Kevin Harris but unfortunately he still ran behind every other RB of note for the Pats (who incidentally, also looked like warmed up poop today with their starters managing a solitary FG before being pulled with 6 mins to go in the half). Even JJ Taylor was playing ahead of him. He's no better than RB5 behind Harris, RhaMANdre, JJ Taylor, and Pierre Strong... I ended up dropping him for the ghost of Joshua Kelley. There's just no upside path for Harris that doesn't involve multiple injuries.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:52 pm

mild wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:32 pm Joshua Kelley all but locking up the backup role, by the looks of it. Kevin Harris looking good for the Pats. With news of Montgomery's injury, I think Harris may make that roster.

Not for me. There's enough data around Darnold... out of 36 qualifying QB's last year, he's 30th or lower (and in some cases dead last) in nearly every passing statistic we know about. I can't find that exact tweet, but I know it's out there. He's brutal.

Baker is no franchise saviour, but he at least can be middling. Matt Rhule will take that, that's far more his style.

I'd love to be more excited about Kevin Harris but unfortunately he still ran behind every other RB of note for the Pats (who incidentally, also looked like warmed up poop today with their starters managing a solitary FG before being pulled with 6 mins to go in the half). Even JJ Taylor was playing ahead of him. He's no better than RB5 behind Harris, RhaMANdre, JJ Taylor, and Pierre Strong... I ended up dropping him for the ghost of Joshua Kelley. There's just no upside path for Harris that doesn't involve multiple injuries.
I think he'll beat out Strong. I mean, Strong was out there a the same point of the game, right after Harris had that big run. Not sure if that's enough, though. The late game fumble probably didn't help, though. I still think he's worth the stash if the benches are deep enough.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:52 pm I think he'll beat out Strong. I mean, Strong was out there a the same point of the game, right after Harris had that big run. Not sure if that's enough, though. The late game fumble probably didn't help, though. I still think he's worth the stash if the benches are deep enough.
I'd fully agree that he'd beat Strong for the 2 down role... but I don't know if it's an "ahead" sort of thing - they're there to play different roles. Strong is clearly being groomed for the pass catching role / "the new James White".

Ty-Mont going down is huge for his position on the depth chart. He's the next man up for that role if he can seize it. They've only got Rhamondre for it now.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:13 am

Jimmy G is 98% gone for me. 25M is a lot of dead cap savings to not cut him. I understand the logic of keeping him, but that's a luxury. You've already given up a ton for Lance. The backend cost of having to keep Jimmy G around just doesn't seem plausible and not something I see the Niners doing. It's not something a good football organization would do. Lynch+Kyle Shanahan = one of the best GM/HC duos in the NFL.

Shanahan creates the most QB friendly offense when it comes to this situation. He's well-aware of what Lance can and can't do at this point. I think we're feeling the anxiety of handing the keys over to a kid that's never driven before, but with Shanahan in the passenger seat coaching him through every slip and turn I see no reason to be pessimistic about this situation at all.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:40 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:13 am Jimmy G is 98% gone for me. 25M is a lot of dead cap savings to not cut him. I understand the logic of keeping him, but that's a luxury. You've already given up a ton for Lance. The backend cost of having to keep Jimmy G around just doesn't seem plausible and not something I see the Niners doing. It's not something a good football organization would do. Lynch+Kyle Shanahan = one of the best GM/HC duos in the NFL.

Shanahan creates the most QB friendly offense when it comes to this situation. He's well-aware of what Lance can and can't do at this point. I think we're feeling the anxiety of handing the keys over to a kid that's never driven before, but with Shanahan in the passenger seat coaching him through every slip and turn I see no reason to be pessimistic about this situation at all.
Agreed. Plus, it would be a terrible decision to keep Jimmy from a locker room perspective. Lance has to take over as the unquestioned leader, and that process is harder when you have the previous leader sticking around. It’s the reason nearly every team trades or cuts their previous starter when they bring in a new one.

It’s definitely way too early to freak out. Anyone with realistic expectations has always known that Lance will have some struggles early. He needs reps and experience. He’ll get that now, and hopefully we’ll see some progress towards the end of this season and into next. He has the tools to make the leap though.

It seems as though we’ve gotten spoiled over the last few years with Burrow and Herbert being nearly instant superstars. Most won’t give guys a chance to develop anymore.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:12 pm

I've liked what I've seen of Ridder so far in preseason. seems to make good decisions with the ball and bounces back from bad plays.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:34 pm

gmoftheyear wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:12 pm I've liked what I've seen of Ridder so far in preseason. seems to make good decisions with the ball and bounces back from bad plays.
Think he's worth a wait and see dart throw in SF+ leagues. Mariota the only competition? I'm surprised he doesn't have more hype

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:41 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:34 pm
gmoftheyear wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:12 pm I've liked what I've seen of Ridder so far in preseason. seems to make good decisions with the ball and bounces back from bad plays.
Think he's worth a wait and see dart throw in SF+ leagues. Mariota the only competition? I'm surprised he doesn't have more hype
I think it's mainly tempered by the fact that Atlanta are likely to get utterly shelled this year and earn a top 5-ish pick.

I will say, Ridder made some awesome throws last week into tight coverage - where only his WR could get it. Haven't seen his game this week yet (outside of the pick that opens the game :lol: )

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:58 pm

Fields 2 tds on consecutive drives versus Browns. Like to see that.
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:19 pm

Make that 3 tds in the half for Fields.
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:30 pm

The Julio Jones is cooked crowd, how you feeling?
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Pitts, Likely, Mayer, Stover

2025: 2x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:38 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:30 pmThe Julio Jones is cooked crowd, how you feeling?
I'm feeling like this is preseason. The over/under is 2.5 for injury causing multiple missed games. I'm a realist that he's almost certainly not going to have a fantasy relevant season, but no one would be happier than me to see Julio post a WR1 season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:44 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:30 pm The Julio Jones is cooked crowd, how you feeling?
I don't think people are concerned about whether he can play a quarter of football

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:08 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:44 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:30 pm The Julio Jones is cooked crowd, how you feeling?
I don't think people are concerned about whether he can play a quarter of football
Yeah, what? :lol: He caught 1 pass for 20 yards on a few drives, and we're victory lapping? Is that what is happening here?
Janiel Dones Truther