Postby gmoftheyear » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:33 pm

Damian Pierce looks really good. Many chunk runs on the first drive
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Re: 2022 preseason: Week 3

Postby gmoftheyear » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:34 pm

And the td !
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:36 pm

So… I was convinced that I needed to sell Pierce as soon as his value hit a random 23 1st, but I’m starting to become a believer. I might need some of y’all to talk sense into me.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:53 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:36 pm So… I was convinced that I needed to sell Pierce as soon as his value hit a random 23 1st, but I’m starting to become a believer. I might need some of y’all to talk sense into me.
You have already lost your mind if you aren’t selling for a 23 first. There is nothing left up there to persuade.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:05 pm

49ers offense not looking great with Lance in charge tonight. Texans defense doing a good job. Lance has missed on a few passes. Had Kittle wide open on one drive and missed him wide. I wouldn't run Jimmy G out of town quite yet.
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:41 pm

Mills played the whole first half and put up 4/8 for 37 yards and an int....Didn't watch but this seems pretty brutal.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:47 pm

Chiefs have been featuring their 2nd TEs in the preseason. Fortson caught 2 tds last week and their 3rd stringer has 2 this week. Something to look out for with Hill gone. Mahomes said they are going to spread it around more with Hill gone.
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:20 pm

Pacheco playing into the third quarter. He exchanged touches with Rojo earlier in the game. There might have been a change in the pecking order with these two.

What remains clear is that CEH and McKinnon are ahead of these two. Not sure Mckinnon absorbs a full workload if CEH goes out but he at least has a more important early season role (probably pass catching)
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:42 am

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:20 pm Pacheco playing into the third quarter. He exchanged touches with Rojo earlier in the game. There might have been a change in the pecking order with these two.

What remains clear is that CEH and McKinnon are ahead of these two. Not sure Mckinnon absorbs a full workload if CEH goes out but he at least has a more important early season role (probably pass catching)
Fwiw a very popular set up for teams now adays is rb1 and rb2 are complementary but functionally different runners while your rb3 is more of a true handcuff to the actual rb1
See Henry/mcnichols/foreman
Sanders/Howard/gainwell

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:20 am

I am thinking Jimmy G stays on the 49ers this season, at this point.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:20 am I am thinking Jimmy G stays on the 49ers this season, at this point.
I honestly agree, barring an early trade caused by a season ending injury on a competing team. SF does not want Jimmy to go to SEA, simple as that.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:53 am

TB3falcons wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:46 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:20 am I am thinking Jimmy G stays on the 49ers this season, at this point.
I honestly agree, barring an early trade caused by a season ending injury on a competing team. SF does not want Jimmy to go to SEA, simple as that.
That, and he can win with this team, if Lance falters, and Lance has been less than stellar through camp. Having a backup that knows the system, and has been able to win within it, with the total unknown that is Lance, is a good thing. Even the 49ers CEO hinted at keeping Jimmy around as a good thing. There's no point in dumping him just to save a bit of salary with a team with SB aspirations, and a kid at QB.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

olmansmith
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby olmansmith » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:53 am
That, and he can win with this team, if Lance falters, and Lance has been less than stellar through camp. Having a backup that knows the system, and has been able to win within it, with the total unknown that is Lance, is a good thing. Even the 49ers CEO hinted at keeping Jimmy around as a good thing. There's no point in dumping him just to save a bit of salary with a team with SB aspirations, and a kid at QB.
Barring a season ending injury to Lance in the next few days, I can't imagine any world where Jimmy is on the team. He isn't practicing with the team, hasn't been given the new playbook, and the messaging has very consistently been that Jimmy will not be with them. I'm very very confident he gets cut (if nobody trades for him which at this point seems unlikely) to save them the 25M capspace and the nonstop questions around whether he should start if Lance is struggling.

The expectation all along was that Lance would struggle given how little he has played. He's barely taken any reps. The only way that gets better is with practice. Part of the problem in this game was that the offensive line looks like garbage (lost their starting center, right guard, and left guard from last year. right tackle is still hurt and trent williams at LT wasn't playing). He also made some bad throws out there but again, that's somewhat expected.

I feel pretty confident they've already hit a point of no return with Jimmy, I'd give it a <1% chance that he's on the team come game 1.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:02 am

gmoftheyear wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:05 pm 49ers offense not looking great with Lance in charge tonight. Texans defense doing a good job. Lance has missed on a few passes. Had Kittle wide open on one drive and missed him wide. I wouldn't run Jimmy G out of town quite yet.
Was just mentioning this. He missed Deebo wide open, too. Orlovsky breaks it down. I don't put qualifiers like all these guys do. IDK if he'll get it. Time will tell. He needs to play football, and it will take time if he does. I see a potential QB controversy in the locker room brewing. A few players have made mention (according to Scott Barrett) about Lance not "being it", and "it's going to be a rough year" type thing. It's a tough situation because players don't care about the future, they have a short time to win and play, and that's their concern. They don't care about what Lance might be at 26 years old, when they are likely on another team or retired etc.

Maybe as the above poster said, they will cut bait because they've committed to moving forward with Lance, but that could be just as disastrous as the situation he laid out.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status ... 9108753409
Janiel Dones Truther

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:53 am
Months ago, one of the core arguments for trading/cutting Jimmy G was that they were over the cap. Right now, with his 25m salary on the books, they have over 3mil in space.

I wonder if he would agree to a restructure (rip up remaining 1 year, 2 year extension with option next year) and what compensatory pick he'd net if he walks next year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def