Isaiah Likely

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Isaiah Likely

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Jetsfan06 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:43 pm
j4pac wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:20 pm I just picked him up in a dynasty league. I have no idea how he can have fantasy relevance, but at this point I don’t care…I just want him on my roster
Easy, two tight end sets. Hell he could even be their slot receiver. It’s not like they have a receiver besides Bateman that they need to get on the field. He is going to have year one relevance barring injury. Very few tight ends show such good receiving prowess as a rookie in preseason.
I'd try and sell tonight, get a 2nd, in next years class, of a 2nd and give a 4th, even a 3rd. 23 class is a good one. Play off the hype. TE's are a dime a dozen, especially backups. Don't let the fact your rosters a guy give delusions of grandeur. That's the way I see it, anyway. The "likelihood" :wink: of him being a difference maker at TE in FF is almost none, so use it to gain capital to improve other positions.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:42 pm
j4pac wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:20 pm I just picked him up in a dynasty league. I have no idea how he can have fantasy relevance, but at this point I don’t care…I just want him on my roster
Easy, two tight end sets. Hell he could even be their slot receiver. It’s not like they have a receiver besides Bateman that they need to get on the field. He is going to have year one relevance barring injury. Very few tight ends show such good receiving prowess as a rookie in preseason.
I'd try and sell tonight, get a 2nd, in next years class, of a 2nd and give a 4th, even a 3rd. 23 class is a good one. Play off the hype. TE's are a dime a dozen, especially backups. Don't let the fact your rosters a guy give delusions of grandeur. That's the way I see it, anyway. The "likelihood" :wink: of him being a difference maker at TE in FF is almost none, so use it to gain capital to improve other positions.
I mean I have no issue with moving him for a second next year if you have a position of need beyond TE. But to say he potential of fantasy relevance is almost 0 is a little overboard. He is a Mark Andrew’s Injury away from top 10 TE potential , and should still have a role even if Andrew’s stays healthy.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Jetsfan06 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:07 pm

I mean I have no issue with moving him for a second next year if you have a position of need beyond TE. But to say he potential of fantasy relevance is almost 0 is a little overboard. He is a Mark Andrew’s Injury away from top 10 TE potential , and should still have a role even if Andrew’s stays healthy.
I don't known man, just because you take Andrews spot, doesn't mean you get his production. It's pre season, he's playing other backups. It's good that he's doing well vs them, but he's got baseline athleticism, I just don't think he'd do what Andrews did, or even close, if he replaced him 1 for 1. I think you're overly optimistic, unless "a role" means, he'll be out there, in certain sets, and might see a few targets, and catch a few of them, a game. The Ravens passing game, beyond Andrews, I want no part of, and I honestly think he had a career year last year. Unless it's a Kelce, or Pitts, I would be churning TE's, they are just so replaceable, and so few have a year to year advantage. Pitts is an assumption, too. All signs point towards it, but we don't even know that yet. You're better off selling Likely and getting more leverage at other positions in next years draft, IMO, because in week 6, when he's done next to nothing, people won't remember tonight.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 pm

Thanks for the idea. I just bought him for a 23 2nd in TE premium league.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:38 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 pm

Thanks for the idea. I just bought him for a 23 2nd in TE premium league.
I was going to say it doesn't sound Likely anyone is giving a 2nd but here we are. I'm with Jetsfan06. He looks good and is worth a pickup. I agree he looks better than any WR not named Bateman. No he's not taking Andrews role or is even close to his talent (duh). But he's looked good and is worth a stash.

Sure if you can swing every random WW pickup for a 2nd rounder, then do it.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:35 am

I just dropped Gesicki to pick up Likely.

As FantasyFreak says, Likely isn't likely to have a big role in 2022 and may never be more than JAG at TE. But with Miami changing the role of TE to include significantly more blocking and with Gesicki struggling to master the art of blocking, I think it's worth the risk to make Likely my backup TE.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:40 am

I would not be mad at anyone for holding. TE production is random enough that stars can come out of anywhere and his capital is not horrible. And Likely is on a team that doesn't have a lot of receiving talent outside of Bateman and Andrews. So, there is a path there to something (for now).

That said, an early-to-mid 2023 2nd would be an easy sell. Whatever the ceiling is, you have to wait at least 4 years to see it through. You basically would have to hope he gets traded.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:49 am

Likely or Dulcich?

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:28 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:49 am Likely or Dulcich?
It’s crazy but I’m going Likely. He’s looked REALLY good all offseason. It’s not like Dulcich has a clear path to stardom. Teams have shown the ability to support two TEs in the past, the Eagles and Patriots…and this Ravens offense looks ripe for two TE production. And this is a dynasty league. Likely looks to have enough ability to one day be a superstar…even if you have to sit on him for a while as your TE2…he could eventually be big time. I’m trading him for a 2nd, but not a 3rd at this point. He is the Pacheco of TEs. ;)
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:34 am

j4pac wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:28 am
It’s crazy but I’m going Likely. He’s looked REALLY good all offseason. It’s not like Dulcich has a clear path to stardom. Teams have shown the ability to support two TEs in the past, the Eagles and Patriots…and this Ravens offense looks ripe for two TE production. And this is a dynasty league. Likely looks to have enough ability to one day be a superstar…even if you have to sit on him for a while as your TE2…he could eventually be big time. I’m trading him for a 2nd, but not a 3rd at this point. He is the Pacheco of TEs. ;)
The Eagles really only did it one year. Not sure that’s something you want to bank on…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:37 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:34 am
The Eagles really only did it one year. Not sure that’s something you want to bank on…
Anyone banking on immediate production from a 4th round rookie is doing it wrong regardless. I don't think anyone here expects to be starting Likely anytime soon

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:31 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:34 am
I bet on talent. I think Likely has a ton of talent.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Shannon Sharpe II

Based on his receiving skills totally and team need for weapons in passing game could have a role as rookie. Not going to be a plug & play TE like Kittle was in rookie season because he won’t be on field all the time but you could do worse @ TE. Elusive vs backups remains to be seen vs the “ones” if he create in space. Eventually could be a serious thing @ TE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:00 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:36 pm Shannon Sharpe II

Based on his receiving skills totally and team need for weapons in passing game could have a role as rookie. Not going to be a plug & play TE like Kittle was in rookie season because he won’t be on field all the time but you could do worse @ TE. Elusive vs backups remains to be seen vs the “ones” if he create in space. Eventually could be a serious thing @ TE
That last part is my biggest question. I'd bet he hits a wall against some teams starters. Which is then more in line with rookie expectations. But if he does become a weapon, that's valuable

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:30 am

V happy I picked him up (for basically nil FAAB) after week 1 of preseason. TEP (x2PPR) start 1-4 TE's.

I was actually shocked he was on the wire in this format.

Could easily be a preseason warrior like Tutu last year, but if you get him on the roster, he's definitely worth a flyer until we see how the Ravens actually set up this year.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04