Rhamondre Stevenson thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rhamondre Stevenson thread

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:12 am Will the Pats give him up for a 4th? Will any team think he's worth a 2nd, based on his talent and the teams' needs?
no one with a brain would give a day 2 pick for an unspectacular 25 yo RB that's looking for a new contract. so probably the texans.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:54 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:12 am Will the Pats give him up for a 4th? Will any team think he's worth a 2nd, based on his talent and the teams' needs?
no one with a brain would give a day 2 pick for an unspectacular 25 yo RB that's looking for a new contract. so probably the texans.
:lol:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:04 pm James White announced his retirement.
driving my Pierre Strong hype train into the station, he's the back I want to own in NE tbh, he's the one who's gonna end up getting the passing downs work and he's got homerun speed to take over early downs (maybe not goal line) work going forward in my opinion
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:16 am

:lol: it's funny cuz it's true
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:19 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 am
ericanadian wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:04 pm James White announced his retirement.
driving my Pierre Strong hype train into the station, he's the back I want to own in NE tbh, he's the one who's gonna end up getting the passing downs work and he's got homerun speed to take over early downs (maybe not goal line) work going forward in my opinion
I think that might be a bit of a reach to consider Strong getting passing down work considering he didn't really showcase that in South Dakota. That combined with the fact they have TyMo.
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:36 am

Hilarious.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 am
I've heard this a few times now. While I think the Pats will use a rotation, I don't think there will be a need to take Stevenson off the field on passing downs. He's more than capable of catching the ball, and it was noted as a positive aspect of his game in several pre-draft scouting reports. If he's also better at blocking than Strong, with an extra 30lbs on him, I think there's not much reason to think he'll be coming off the field in those situations.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:29 am

This backfield might be messier than it's ever been. At least we used to count on James White as the 3rd down back. But now we have Harris and Rha as lead backs, 2 rookies, and Ty / JJ Taylor.

At least if they move Damien, I'd think Rha would get the early down work, Strong/Harris would be COP and they would use Ty as the 3rd down back.

I want to like both Strong and Kevin Harris, but this is a cluster

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:28 am

Harris looked awful rotating with the same offense as Strong. The line did neither any favors but at least Strong created some for himself whereas Harris was stuck in quicksand. Harris also had a pass thrown right to him clunk off his hands. Strong got a lot of good pass blocking work except on the late TD pass where he dropped his head and threw his shoulder into the rusher, clipping him just enough to get the pass off.

Hardly the last word on this situation, but Strong clearly had the edge in PS week 1.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:36 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:28 am Harris looked awful rotating with the same offense as Strong. The line did neither any favors but at least Strong created some for himself whereas Harris was stuck in quicksand. Harris also had a pass thrown right to him clunk off his hands. Strong got a lot of good pass blocking work except on the late TD pass where he dropped his head and threw his shoulder into the rusher, clipping him just enough to get the pass off.

Hardly the last word on this situation, but Strong clearly had the edge in PS week 1.
Damien or Kevin?

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:52 pm

You think things are confusing now? Wait until the Patriots draft another RB in the third round next year.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:41 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:28 am Harris looked awful rotating with the same offense as Strong. The line did neither any favors but at least Strong created some for himself whereas Harris was stuck in quicksand. Harris also had a pass thrown right to him clunk off his hands. Strong got a lot of good pass blocking work except on the late TD pass where he dropped his head and threw his shoulder into the rusher, clipping him just enough to get the pass off.

I kind of saw some plays the other way. Harris was getting hit in the backfield; the line wasn't really getting much for him. Perhaps he could have done more. No doubt that Strong has more ability and speed to create when the line isn't doing anything for you.

On Harris' touchdown run, he showed what his game was about - and bulldozed through 3 defenders to make sure he got the 6. Those were 3 tough yards. That's his game - he was a contact monster in college. These two players are being groomed for different roles imo.

Strong was making his plays quite a bit later in the game, and would have been going against almost pure backups by that point. His first big run (9 yards) occurs with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. You'd hope that he looked good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:10 pm

mild wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:41 pm

I kind of saw some plays the other way. Harris was getting hit in the backfield; the line wasn't really getting much for him. Perhaps he could have done more. No doubt that Strong has more ability and speed to create when the line isn't doing anything for you.

On Harris' touchdown run, he showed what his game was about - and bulldozed through 3 defenders to make sure he got the 6. Those were 3 tough yards. That's his game - he was a contact monster in college. These two players are being groomed for different roles imo.

Strong was making his plays quite a bit later in the game, and would have been going against almost pure backups by that point. His first big run (9 yards) occurs with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. You'd hope that he looked good.
Kevin is almost 2 years younger, I believe, as well. If he can make the roster, or A roster, I'd rather have him. He led the SEC in rushing as a sophomore. I think he could be an early down back at some stage, I am not sure what Strong can be. A COP back, as I see it, based on his build. Bronco Billy is right about his hands, though. One of my favourite bullet points about any prospect this year, on NFL.com.

"-Catches the football like it's made of lava." :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 pm

Belichick spoke extensively about Stevenson’s development as a pass-blocker, and how it further complements his skillset as a pass-catcher out of the backfield. That sort of role will be crucial in helping fellow second-year player in quarterback Mac Jones on third down.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patrio ... -stevenson
@PlankMelody

jtk1234
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jtk1234 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:38 am

The problem with NE running backs is that there is never going to be a 3db, last time that was the case Corey Dillon was 1st on the depth chart. Once you get past that and manage expectations, there is definitely still value though. Stevenson was startable as a flex or RB2 option the second half of last year, and Harris was very touchdown dependent but he was a fringe RB1, James White and LaGarette Blount have also had RB1 seasons in the last 5 - 6 years.
Jackson, J Hurts, K Mond
Singletary, Cohen, R Stevenson, Hubbard, Jackson, Rountree, K Ngwangu, T Jones Jr
Claypool, Sutton, Golladay, AB, Pittman, Bateman, Gage, Kirk, Miller
Higbee, Jarwin, McKitty, B Jordan

Picks: '22 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,4 '23 1,1,2,2,3,4