Consensus 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Consensus 1.01?

Postby Vcize » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:17 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:55 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:49 pm The 5th year option is a joke lately. If the pick hits they ask for a restructure by year 3. If they don't hit then the option isn't picked up and you sit on the 4 year anyway. Is it really worth it anymore? (Legit asking)
Sure it is, because the extensions usually are given after year 5, so still cheaper year 5.
But his point was, if the guy turns out to be really good he usually wants an extension before year 5 anyway. IE kyler Murray right now, or Mahomes or Allen, etc.

With QBs the guy is either not good and they move on from him before year 5, or he is good and they give him an extension before year 5. Seems like rarely do they ever get to actually use that 5th year option on them on the current climate.

Lamar Jackson is about the only guy out of the last ten 1st round qbs eligible to actually use it.
Last edited by Vcize on Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:21 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:17 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:49 pm The 5th year option is a joke lately. If the pick hits they ask for a restructure by year 3. If they don't hit then the option isn't picked up and you sit on the 4 year anyway. Is it really worth it anymore? (Legit asking)
Sure it is, because the extensions usually are given after year 5, so still cheaper year 5.
But his point was, if the guy turns out to be really good he usually wants an extension before year 5 anyway. IE kyler Murray right now, or Mahomes or Allen, etc.
Yeah, but his point still stands. Even when you get those guys, if you have the 5th year option, it's cheaper than if you have to pay them a huge contract after 4 years. Allen, Mahomes, both guys didn't have their extension kick in until after their 5th year, which was cheaper than their cap hit once the extension kicks in. It gives the team 1 more year with a lower cap hit than the massive 2nd contract cap hit. This is the first year of Mahomes extension kicking in, and they had to ship Hill out, because of it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:21 pm

Yeah, but his point still stands. Even when you get those guys, if you have the 5th year option, it's cheaper than if you have to pay them a huge contract after 4 years. Allen, Mahomes, both guys didn't have their extension kick in until after their 5th year, which was cheaper than their cap hit once the extension kicks in. It gives the team 1 more year with a lower cap hit than the massive 2nd contract cap hit. This is the first year of Mahomes extension kicking in, and they had to ship Hill out, because of it.
Ah, I see now. Thanks I didn't think of that with the new deals starting after the 5th year even if they were signed before then.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:32 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:27 pm

Ah, I see now. Thanks I didn't think of that with the new deals starting after the 5th year even if they were signed before then.
No worries, man. All good.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 am

I think, while the Mahommes contract has something to do with it, it's not just because of the Mahommes contract. Look at what the Titans and ravens just did. They sent a wr coming up on a big payday just for a first. Sure Baltimore also has to consider what it will cost to keep Jackson, but what about the Titans. I think that there are a group of teams that now believe that we contracts have gotten too high and it's not worth paying the alpha 25M a year.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:07 am

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:00 am

I think, while the Mahommes contract has something to do with it, it's not just because of the Mahommes contract. Look at what the Titans and ravens just did. They sent a wr coming up on a big payday just for a first. Sure Baltimore also has to consider what it will cost to keep Jackson, but what about the Titans. I think that there are a group of teams that now believe that we contracts have gotten too high and it's not worth paying the alpha 25M a year.
I mean, it basically came out of Andy Reid's mouth. He referenced Mahomes contract as the reason they couldn't pay Hill specifically, when asked. Hollywood isn't Tyreek, not even close. Also, AJB isn't either, though better. The Titans move wasn't a good one, IMO. Teams have to make a decision on it, but Tyreek is definitely an elite WR, while the other 2 aren't in that tier, though AJB is closer than Hollywood.
Janiel Dones Truther

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:07 am

I mean, it basically came out of Andy Reid's mouth. He referenced Mahomes contract as the reason they couldn't pay Hill specifically, when asked. Hollywood isn't Tyreek, not even close. Also, AJB isn't either, though better. The Titans move wasn't a good one, IMO.
Titans pretty much move AJB just for a new wr that won't cost 25M a year. When it comes for the Chiefs, do they have a better chance right now with Mahommes or with no Mahommes and a 25M/year hill?

Just like someone was going to pay hill, someone was also going to pay Mahommes.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:07 am

I mean, it basically came out of Andy Reid's mouth. He referenced Mahomes contract as the reason they couldn't pay Hill specifically, when asked. Hollywood isn't Tyreek, not even close. Also, AJB isn't either, though better. The Titans move wasn't a good one, IMO. Teams have to make a decision on it, but Tyreek is definitely an elite WR, while the other 2 aren't in that tier, though AJB is closer than Hollywood.
The fact that the Ravens basically netted #25 for Brown and the Titans only got 18 for their Brown, I think Philly easily won that deal. But it does come down to contracts. Baltimore couldn't pay everyone (similar to KC). Lamar may not like losing his buddy but it doesn't sound like he was going to take the Brady deal that would've kept them together so... I think TEN was in a similar spot as SEA. Do these teams want to rebuild around a 25M WR? I know TEN is still a pretty good team but that window is closing quickly so they are smart to look ahead.

It's a risk to move a proven player for a pick, but when you consider both teams moved their WR for better picks than their original draft spot, I'd say they did fine. Titans reset their rookie WR deal and the Ravens filled another need. I really didn't want them paying Hollywood anywhere near what Kirk got.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:06 am

I'm in a SF and if I owned 1.01 and needed a QB, I'd still take Hall and figure it out later.

Pickett being the first QB taken is a slight surprise, but I've never loved him. Trubisky value takes a hit.

I expected Hall to be a 2nd rounder at best, and still expect him to be the top guy in most dynasty drafts.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:11 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:06 am I'm in a SF and if I owned 1.01 and needed a QB, I'd still take Hall and figure it out later.

Pickett being the first QB taken is a slight surprise, but I've never loved him. Trubisky value takes a hit.

I expected Hall to be a 2nd rounder at best, and still expect him to be the top guy in most dynasty drafts.
Yeah if Hall falls out of the 1.01 because he gets drafted 2nd round, that's bad process imo. He was always projected to go there with a slight chance BUF took him late 1st

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:09 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:11 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:06 am I'm in a SF and if I owned 1.01 and needed a QB, I'd still take Hall and figure it out later.

Yeah if Hall falls out of the 1.01 because he gets drafted 2nd round, that's bad process imo. He was always projected to go there with a slight chance BUF took him late 1st
Hilarious that Beane came out after the draft saying "that was never us, that didn't come from inside our building".

I think the Dynasty community successfully wishcasted it into 1000 mock drafts and our collective imaginations. Meanwhile, Beane is over here all "do I look like Dave Gettleman / Mike Mayock / Trent Baalke / Kevin Colbert to you?" "have you even HEARD my albums???"

Them going 1st Round RB never really fit with their style.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:12 am

mild wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:09 am

Hilarious that Beane came out after the draft saying "that was never us, that didn't come from inside our building".

I think the Dynasty community successfully wishcasted it into 1000 mock drafts and our collective imaginations. Meanwhile, Beane is over here all "do I look like Dave Gettleman / Mike Mayock / Trent Baalke / Kevin Colbert to you?" "have you even HEARD my albums???"

Them going 1st Round RB never really fit with their style.
I agree, I never really saw it either, but fantasy players may have and someone may drop Breece down befause of it.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:18 am

Yeah that would be like the people who passed on JT when he fell to the 2nd. The difference is there wasn't a mediocre RB that went to a great team in RD1 this year. If not Hall, I don't even know who my 1.01 would be right now...

Nothing happened that would move the needle above a RD2 Breece Hall
RD 1 was a whole lot of meh IMO and I'm not feeling great about the league where I hold 4 1sts.

Side note: Is it me or is this WR crop pretty undersized this year? (outside of London/Burks)

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:25 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:18 am

Yeah that would be like the people who passed on JT when he fell to the 2nd. The difference is there wasn't a mediocre RB that went to a great team in RD1 this year. If not Hall, I don't even know who my 1.01 would be right now...

RD 1 was a whole lot of meh IMO and I'm not feeling great about the league where I hold 4 1sts.

Side note: Is it me or is this WR crop pretty undersized this year? (outside of London/Burks)
Youve got some more big guys that are on the board, it's all in all average sized but fast I'd say

I think hall to say jets or Texans or god forbid eagles and walker to buf could shake up 1.1

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:28 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:18 am

Much more fast twitch type WRs at the top this year, and I'm fine with it. I wouldn't say undersized. There just aren't a plethora of giant freak athletic specimens at the top. And to be fair, there usually arent.