2022 NFL Free Agency

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2022 NFL Free Agency

Postby TheBelgian » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:25 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:34 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:01 pm Return of the Mack....Marlon Mack to Houston.
Is Mack > Burkhead at this point?
Yes. I don't expect much from either though. I'm not sure what Houston is doing at RB, but I expect Scottie Phillips to get some looks. He is my personal favorite to get majority carries in Houston as of now.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:27 pm

TheBelgian wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:25 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:01 pm Return of the Mack....Marlon Mack to Houston.
Yes. I don't expect much from either though. I'm not sure what Houston is doing at RB, but I expect Scottie Phillips to get some looks. He is my personal favorite to get majority carries in Houston as of now.
Drafting an RB probably

I liked Mack at one point but he has not looked the same since the achilles

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:17 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:27 pm

Drafting an RB probably

I liked Mack at one point but he has not looked the same since the achilles
You figure the 30 touches Mack has had since his injury, 30 of which were after asking for a trade and being a healthy scratch 2 out of 3 games are a good judge? Mack is unlikely to light it up but he is by far the best RB on the roster. No chance they spend any real capital on a RB in Houston while they try to build a roster that isn't comically bad. I trade a 4th to get him and consider that a very fair price for him. If you have room and similar price you should be buying him.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:07 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:11 am Devante Parker traded to the Pats. Just what Mac needs, another receiver who can’t separate.
As a Dolphins fan who has seen a lot of Parker, that was the biggest frustration with him. He never seemed open enough, and we never had a QB who was high-end enough to be able to throw Parker open. He should never be an NFL team's WR1 and I'd say not even a WR2. His hands are good enough, but between his injuries and his lack of separation, he needs the perfect situation to be effective.

I think the Patriots might be the right situation. They have a history of scheming receivers open. I don't think he'll be fantasy worthy, but he might be effective in real life for the Patriots.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:51 am

Not if that GM wants to have a job for a while.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:25 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:43 pm
mild wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:45 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:11 am Devante Parker traded to the Pats. Just what Mac needs, another receiver who can’t separate.
I'm so very ready for the Pats to suck this year.

Replacing Josh McDaniels with "no named OC" but ALSO stating "Matt Patricia and Joe Judge will be involved with the offense"...

Seems like Coach Billy Beli is just putting the difficulty sliders to maximum just for the fun of it. Best of luck to them!
I'm ready for the Mac Jones hype train to fly off a cliff. He's not my favorite fantasy QB with the amount of praise he got last year and how many 10 pt games he put up. Patriots may very well finish 3rd in the division this year. Those Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith signings did not age well.

How does Devante Parker even fit this offense? He's literally just a guy out there.
These comments make me laugh, yes the pats will probably suck this year, they will maybe win 7-8 games. BUT they are also in the middle of a massive rebuild after 2 decades of utter dominance, and the people who hate the pats act like fans wont be able to take it, i personally dont care about this season, im happy with the last 20 years and thrilled with last season. Last year was fun as hell and totally unexpected. It was SO much fun to see all the hate again, it was amazing, so thank you for that. From the bottom of my Pats loving heart, thank you so much for the hate you gave them and their very good for a rookie in real life QB Mac Jones

Here is the deal, the Pats went through this same sort of thing between 2008-2013, except they had Brady so he covered all the flaws up. This is the same EXACT thing as those years except they have a rookie qb who cant cover the flaws up, Mac in real life football played very well for a rookie, idk how anyone can actually deny that. Right now the Pats have a ton of aging vet players, Hightower, Mcourty etc are exactly like Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison from those early Pats teams. The vet leaders on defense are aging out, they need to get younger all over the place and they will do that through the draft. Bill has a very stellar defensive draft record, so dont celebrate yet. They are also cap strung this year but in 2023 a lot of that money comes off the books and they can spend that on offense. So while im sure the Pats are gonna suck this year, you two may want to calm down with putting the nail in the coffin forever on them. Dynasty players should understand more than anyone the process of team building, and thats what the pats are doing right now.

As far as Parker is concerned, probably a better real life fit than fantasy fit, we will see.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:20 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:25 am
mild wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:45 pm

I'm so very ready for the Pats to suck this year.

Replacing Josh McDaniels with "no named OC" but ALSO stating "Matt Patricia and Joe Judge will be involved with the offense"...

Seems like Coach Billy Beli is just putting the difficulty sliders to maximum just for the fun of it. Best of luck to them!
I'm ready for the Mac Jones hype train to fly off a cliff. He's not my favorite fantasy QB with the amount of praise he got last year and how many 10 pt games he put up. Patriots may very well finish 3rd in the division this year. Those Nelson Agholor and Jonnu Smith signings did not age well.

How does Devante Parker even fit this offense? He's literally just a guy out there.
These comments make me laugh, yes the pats will probably suck this year, they will maybe win 7-8 games. BUT they are also in the middle of a massive rebuild after 2 decades of utter dominance, and the people who hate the pats act like fans wont be able to take it, i personally dont care about this season, im happy with the last 20 years and thrilled with last season. Last year was fun as hell and totally unexpected. It was SO much fun to see all the hate again, it was amazing, so thank you for that. From the bottom of my Pats loving heart, thank you so much for the hate you gave them and their very good for a rookie in real life QB Mac Jones

Here is the deal, the Pats went through this same sort of thing between 2008-2013, except they had Brady so he covered all the flaws up. This is the same EXACT thing as those years except they have a rookie qb who cant cover the flaws up, Mac in real life football played very well for a rookie, idk how anyone can actually deny that. Right now the Pats have a ton of aging vet players, Hightower, Mcourty etc are exactly like Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison from those early Pats teams. The vet leaders on defense are aging out, they need to get younger all over the place and they will do that through the draft. Bill has a very stellar defensive draft record, so dont celebrate yet. They are also cap strung this year but in 2023 a lot of that money comes off the books and they can spend that on offense. So while im sure the Pats are gonna suck this year, you two may want to calm down with putting the nail in the coffin forever on them. Dynasty players should understand more than anyone the process of team building, and thats what the pats are doing right now.

As far as Parker is concerned, probably a better real life fit than fantasy fit, we will see.
Your bias is showing. The "nail on the coffin forever" comment... I'm struggling to understand how what we typed warranted that response, but the username pretty much covers it. I wasn't speaking on the Patriots of the past 20 years. I was speaking on the Patriots of 2022.

All I'm saying is I'm not ready to crown Mac Jones just yet. They obviously shielded him from being the main driver of that offense. He was a rookie and they ran the ball a lot. I think they continue to do that. This year they may let the QB leash out a little, but considering the receiving talent, it's hard to project a huge leap some Jones some people seem to think is coming. Against offenses with Tyreek/Waddle and Josh Allen/Diggs/and rumors of Breece Hall going to Buffalo, that NE the run game, and more importantly, that defense will have to do something truly special to compete this year. You've already stated the age factors as to why that's going to be a challenge.

Parker can't stay healthy. But they obviously felt they needed a more prototypical alpha WR1 and at the price they paid it seems like a bargain. I think it was smart in rebuild. We are in agreement that he will likely be more valuable in real life than having any kind of fantasy relevance from here on out.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:55 am

feels like Houston is gonna use their top 5 pick in 2023 on Bijan
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:13 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:20 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:25 am

Your bias is showing. The "nail on the coffin forever" comment... I'm struggling to understand how what we typed warranted that response, but the username pretty much covers it. I wasn't speaking on the Patriots of the past 20 years. I was speaking on the Patriots of 2022.

All I'm saying is I'm not ready to crown Mac Jones just yet. They obviously shielded him from being the main driver of that offense. He was a rookie and they ran the ball a lot. I think they continue to do that. This year they may let the QB leash out a little, but considering the receiving talent, it's hard to project a huge leap some Jones some people seem to think is coming. Against offenses with Tyreek/Waddle and Josh Allen/Diggs/and rumors of Breece Hall going to Buffalo, that NE the run game, and more importantly, that defense will have to do something truly special to compete this year. You've already stated the age factors as to why that's going to be a challenge.

Parker can't stay healthy. But they obviously felt they needed a more prototypical alpha WR1 and at the price they paid it seems like a bargain. I think it was smart in rebuild. We are in agreement that he will likely be more valuable in real life than having any kind of fantasy relevance from here on out.
That response was probably a bit much, as a fellow pats fan myself though I get it. We see so much hate and Mac slander online (unwarranted for Mac imo) and this is just a platform where you can have longform discussions so patsfan took advantage of the opportunity.

In any case, I think its still far too early to start making win predictions. We dont know how any of these AFC signings or trades are going to work out, and the draft is still a month away. NE has a lot of work to do in terms of roster talent though, there is no denying that.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:31 pm

Mac Jones last year finished QB18. Points per game = AVG 14

QBs with higher PPG than Mac Jones last year:
Sam Darnold
Big Ben
Jared Goff
Taylor Heinecke
Daniel Jones
Tua
Carson Wentz
Jimmy G
Jameis Winston

Mac Jones reeks of a QB better for his NFL team than your fantasy team. And a lot of that is he provides zero rushing.

He is the new Baker Mayfield.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:25 am These comments make me laugh, yes the pats will probably suck this year, they will maybe win 7-8 games. BUT they are also in the middle of a massive rebuild after 2 decades of utter dominance...
In the middle of a massive rebuild?

I mean, if you call searching for personnel answers in the late-era age 69 season (nice) of Bill Belichick's god-emporer reign, installing prior retread coaches that couldn't cut it anywhere else, and hoping the Billy B name brand still holds cultural cache and miracle powers, then sure. I guess that's rebuilding.

For a team "in the middle" of a massive rebuild, I don't really see a lot of fresh blood outside of Mac. You sure did spend a -lot- of money in Free Agency last year (an NFL record 288 million, even!). I know a spending record doesn't mean much with the cap doing what it does, but this isn't a team rebuilding - that was a reload with veterans around the Rook. I think apart from finding your QB of the future, the actual rebuild hasn't even truly started yet.

Bill is not going to coach forever. He turns 70 this month. Matt Patricia and Joe Judge, we definitely hope, are your long term answers. Josh McDaniels has flown the coop. Brady is never coming back. You'll adjust to your new reality, and that's great. We're happy for you, and all of your historical success - of course. Enjoy it and savour it.

But you're delusional if you think you're anything better than on the outside looking in of the era we've entered now. Mac Jones and Joe Judge are not going to cut it when you have Josh Allen in your division - and Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Burrow, Lamar, heck, even Derek Carr and your old coach - waiting for you come every playoffs in the near-to-intermediate future.

I never buried the Pats in that post. I just said they'd likely suck this year, based on their decisions and the tea leaves thus far. It's not a hot take; Vegas has them outside the top 10 of their own 16 team conference right now. That's right: Vegas thinks you're a midfielder.

Best believe I'm standing by on high alert with my spade, though. 8-)

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:03 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:31 pm Mac Jones last year finished QB18. Points per game = AVG 14

QBs with higher PPG than Mac Jones last year:
Sam Darnold
Big Ben
Jared Goff
Taylor Heinecke
Daniel Jones
Tua
Carson Wentz
Jimmy G
Jameis Winston

Mac Jones reeks of a QB better for his NFL team than your fantasy team. And a lot of that is he provides zero rushing.

He is the new Baker Mayfield.
I agree.... To an extent. At the beginning of the offseason Mac was a hugeeeee sell high for all the reasons listed at the values he was getting of 1.1+/top 12-14qb in dynasty. But at this point I can't even get any interest in him to swap for a guy like Carr or a pick like 1.5, which is an easy hold

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:33 pm

mild wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:38 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:25 am These comments make me laugh, yes the pats will probably suck this year, they will maybe win 7-8 games. BUT they are also in the middle of a massive rebuild after 2 decades of utter dominance...
In the middle of a massive rebuild?

I mean, if you call searching for personnel answers in the late-era age 69 season (nice) of Bill Belichick's god-emporer reign, installing prior retread coaches that couldn't cut it anywhere else, and hoping the Billy B name brand still holds cultural cache and miracle powers, then sure. I guess that's rebuilding.

For a team "in the middle" of a massive rebuild, I don't really see a lot of fresh blood outside of Mac. You sure did spend a -lot- of money in Free Agency last year (an NFL record 288 million, even!). I know a spending record doesn't mean much with the cap doing what it does, but this isn't a team rebuilding - that was a reload with veterans around the Rook. I think apart from finding your QB of the future, the actual rebuild hasn't even truly started yet.

Bill is not going to coach forever. He turns 70 this month. Matt Patricia and Joe Judge, we definitely hope, are your long term answers. Josh McDaniels has flown the coop. Brady is never coming back. You'll adjust to your new reality, and that's great. We're happy for you, and all of your historical success - of course. Enjoy it and savour it.

But you're delusional if you think you're anything better than on the outside looking in of the era we've entered now. Mac Jones and Joe Judge are not going to cut it when you have Josh Allen in your division - and Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson, Burrow, Lamar, heck, even Derek Carr and your old coach - waiting for you come every playoffs in the near-to-intermediate future.

I never buried the Pats in that post. I just said they'd likely suck this year, based on their decisions and the tea leaves thus far. It's not a hot take; Vegas has them outside the top 10 of their own 16 team conference right now. That's right: Vegas thinks you're a midfielder.

Best believe I'm standing by on high alert with my spade, though. 8-)
1. The "retread" coaches that "couldn't cut it anywhere else" were also very good assistants. Just because you're not cut out to be a head coach, doesn't mean your a bad coordinator, McDaniels was also a failed head coach who returned to NE and was a great coordinator for a very long time, until he got another opportunity to be a head coach.

2. You're right, Bill will not coach forever. Fortunately for the patriots, Joe Judge and Patricia aren't going to be the ones replacing him. If Kraft wants to hire from within when that time comes, look no further than Nick Caley (who btw will probably play the O coordinator role this season)

3. Im not sure what you expect a "rebuilding" team to do. This isnt Madden lol. They spent a boatload of money last FA because for one, they had it, and two they needed an influx of players. They signed like 20 dudes, I think even they understood not every single one was going to work out. But getting 5 starting caliber players (Judon, Bourne, Henry, Mills, Brown) is a pretty massive move.

I know why people hate the patriots, and I understand the urgency you have to watch them tumble into irrelevancy. I'd just warn you, for your own sanity... Don't count your chickens before they hatch. This is the same team that managed to take a rookie QB to the playoffs while stomping Cleveland, and Tennessee, Beating Herbert, beating Buffalo in a crazy weather game (without throwing lol). Their only meaningful loss was JC Jackson and the draft still hasn't happened.

I'm not telling you that they are gonna win 13 games this season, I'm just saying that maybe you shouldn't get your hopes up yet, because as long as the Kraft's are in charge I dont think this franchise will ever turn into the Jets, Jags, Texans, etc.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:41 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:23 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:14 pm This just in. Mac Jones may not be a very good fantasy QB but he already has 1 pro bowl under his belt as an NFL QB.

The Pat’s won’t suck no matter how many of us hope they do. They have a great coach and a solid defense.
Mitch Trubisky has one Pro Bowl

Matt Stafford also has one Pro Bowl

Point being: pro bowls are worthless

That said Mac Jones was legitimately good even if on low volume last year until the very end of last year (often a cliff for rookies since college seasons end after 13-14 games typically)

Also not sold on the Dolphins at all
My point remains; Anyone who thinks Mac Jones isn't a solid NFL QB doesn't really have much of a clue when it comes to NFL QB's. Jones has a very quick mind and gets the ball out on time. Jones should only get better not worse and last year he was easily the best rookie QB in the NFL. It should be obvious to anyone who watched him play that the game isn't too big for him. His decision making is outstanding and already looks elite.

BTW, The Pro Bowl Game is worthless but making the pro bowl is a pretty big deal in the NFL.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:41 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:23 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:14 pm This just in. Mac Jones may not be a very good fantasy QB but he already has 1 pro bowl under his belt as an NFL QB.

The Pat’s won’t suck no matter how many of us hope they do. They have a great coach and a solid defense.
Mitch Trubisky has one Pro Bowl

Matt Stafford also has one Pro Bowl

Point being: pro bowls are worthless

That said Mac Jones was legitimately good even if on low volume last year until the very end of last year (often a cliff for rookies since college seasons end after 13-14 games typically)

Also not sold on the Dolphins at all
My point remains; Anyone who thinks Mac Jones isn't a solid NFL QB doesn't really have much of a clue when it comes to NFL QB's. Jones has a very quick mind and gets the ball out on time. Jones should only get better not worse and last year he was easily the best rookie QB in the NFL. It should be obvious to anyone who watched him play that the game isn't too big for him. His decision making is outstanding and already looks elite.

BTW, The Pro Bowl Game is worthless but making the pro bowl is a pretty big deal in the NFL.
It is a popularity concept

Unless of course you think Teddy Bridgewater and Mitch Trubisky are as good as Stafford

Or that Lamar was better than Burrow and Josh Allen this past year