Gerald Everett to LAC

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
inaudiblelance
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Gerald Everett to LAC

Postby inaudiblelance » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:05 am

What are the expectations with the recent signing of Gerald Everett to LAC? He’s finished with TE2 numbers the past two years with the Rams and Seahawks but going to a team that historically highlights the TE position. plus the competition, Parham and McKitty, haven’t been big contributors to date. Do we feel the ‘rising tide’ of justin herbert will elevate everett as well?

i’m asking selfishly because he’s available on my waiver wire along with evan engram, foster moreau, harrison bryant, austin hooper, and oj howard. looking for the best of this lot.

am i falling in love with charger’s history of TE success or is everett a diamond in the rough?

this is for team 1 in my sig file.
TM #1 -- 10 Team PPR 2QB - 23 slots+2 IR -- 2QB/1-4RB/1-4WR/TE/3FLX
QB: JHurts/JFields/BPurdy/THuntley/JHaener/DTR/SBennett
RB: AKamara/RStevenson/IPacheco/KIngram/JFord/TSpears
WR: AJBrown/ASB/BCooks/DHopkins/TDell/DMooney/EMoore/APerry/APierce/CTilman/KToney
TE: DGoedert/DKincaid/COkonkwo

TM #2 -- 12 Team PPR 2QB - 26 slots+2 IR -- 2QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLX
QB: TLawrence/JFields/DWatson/SHowell/TBagent/JStidham/TBoyle/SThompson/CRush/JHall
RB: JTaylor/KWalker/DAchane/KHerbert/JCook/ZWhite/ZEvans/JFord/TSpears/JMcLaughlin/KIngram/KMitchell
WR: JWaddle/JChase/EMoore/RMoore/KShakir/CClaypool/JRoss
TE: PFreiermuth/JFerguson/COkonkwo/JWoods/DWashington

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Re: Gerald Everett to LAC

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:34 am

I’d still expect TE2 numbers. I can’t see him being any higher than 4th in the pecking order behind Allen, Williams, and Ekeler.

I think him finishing similar to Cook last year which I believe was a mid-high TE2 is realistic.

Already having Pitts and Fant, and not being required to start a TE. I think I’d pass on all these guys.

If you’re set on getting one, I’d personally go Bryant, Engram, Hooper, then Everett.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:52 am

TE2 with some TE1 weeks. Gonna be hard to predict. Certainly a starter in 2TE leagues with his upside. Not sure he is rostered in 1 TE leagues unless deep rosters.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:19 am

Just another "plug -n-pray" for a TD tight end. I admire his play style and run after the catch aggressive willingness to fight and fall forward.

But ask any Seattle fan and they'll tell you he cost too many fumbles and dropped TDs. He's sloppy. Still, having Herbert tossing you passes is a good thing and if he is listed as the starting TE1 for LAC he's worth keeping an eye on.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:35 am

I think this is his best opportunity to succeed given the system and how Cook still looked at an advances age last year. I could see with health Everett and Engram both having a shot to be top 12 TE's but we will see how they each fit in. If I had to choose between the two, I would lean Everett based on Herbert and hope he hits.