Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby AZK » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:34 pm

DJB wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:22 pm Never ever understood the Kyren Williams draft hype to begin with. He wasnt even in my top 8
Film guys like him. He's put some impressive stuff on tape but his combine numbers pretty much removes him from my board.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:44 pm

DynastyKing23 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 pm
DynastyKing23 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:36 am

I'm not sure what you're getting at, someone mentioned above comparing him to JT. I'm just agreeing you can't put them in the same tier atm. A guy who has proven success and is the 1.01 in redraft and mostly likely in many dynasty startups. I did not have a 1st rounder in 2020 so did not scout the top rbs, so I cant compare their profiles coming out of college.
Ah. Maybe a miscommunication. I had made a statement that was above the post you commented on, comparing his analytics profile. Thought maybe you were talking about that, and I wasn't trying to compare them based on where JT is at right now, it would absurd, no doubt. Apologies, if I misread that.
No problem. Out of my curiosity how do their college profiles compare?

If hall can become the next JT I would be ecstatic. And to think I bought this 22 1st for Darrel Williams and what turned into a middle-late 22 second. Had high hopes it'd become the 1.01 and here we are, probably taking hall unless he tears an Achilles in pre season.
Well, due to the scheduling of the NFL (they have decided to go back to a more reasonable time), the RB's didn't do the agility drills, as it would have happened really late, like midnight, after all the other stuff. They didn't want to hurt their stock. Watching Hall's tape, though, IMO, he's at least as shifty as JT. Here's a Player profier's breakdowns. Speed score, similar, Burst score, Hall is better. Dominator rating, target share are ones to look at (target share especially if you play PPR). The percentile's are basically vs the field at their position. Hall's BMI is fine for a lead back. Taylor's is phenomenal. Hall is the same weight as Lev Bell prime years, but he's shorter, so better BMI. Bell cut a ton of weight after his rookie year, so his combine weight is largely irrelevant. He cut to 217 for his breakout 2nd year.

Breece was a few months younger. Basically the same age, though. Coming into their rookie years in the NFL at 21, which is a huge bonus. They produced at a young age, and will have the benefit of an extra year of "peak age" production in the NFL compared to most other RB prospects.

FWIW, Breece set an FBS record for 24 straight games with a TD. You might say he has a nose for the end zone.

What JT did as a true freshman in the BIG 10 was insane. I am not saying Breece will be JT, but he has the potential to be a top 5 FF RB.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/breece-hall/

Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:59 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:40 pm While we may all be down on Spiller (including me, he has some redeeming qualities like his receiving ability and quick feet.

If Josh Jacobs can be a RB1 in fantasy with his almost non-existent athleticism, I’m sure Spiller can succeed at the next level with his subpar testing. I still do like the man’s tape.
Josh Jacobs was also drafted in the first round, so was given immediate opportunity, without any competition. Draft capital and depth chart will be a huge factor on Spiller getting opportunity, and he'll never have the rope Jacobs has as a first round pick, unless he himself goes in the first round.
Devin Singletary come to mind? Great tape, unathletic. I think he’ll have a role and be reasonably productive. Solid RB2. That’s my prediction
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:54 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:24 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:59 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:40 pm While we may all be down on Spiller (including me, he has some redeeming qualities like his receiving ability and quick feet.

If Josh Jacobs can be a RB1 in fantasy with his almost non-existent athleticism, I’m sure Spiller can succeed at the next level with his subpar testing. I still do like the man’s tape.
Josh Jacobs was also drafted in the first round, so was given immediate opportunity, without any competition. Draft capital and depth chart will be a huge factor on Spiller getting opportunity, and he'll never have the rope Jacobs has as a first round pick, unless he himself goes in the first round.
Devin Singletary come to mind? Great tape, unathletic. I think he’ll have a role and be reasonably productive. Solid RB2. That’s my prediction
Could be. May have similar draft capital, too.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:44 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 pm

Ah. Maybe a miscommunication. I had made a statement that was above the post you commented on, comparing his analytics profile. Thought maybe you were talking about that, and I wasn't trying to compare them based on where JT is at right now, it would absurd, no doubt. Apologies, if I misread that.

If hall can become the next JT I would be ecstatic. And to think I bought this 22 1st for Darrel Williams and what turned into a middle-late 22 second. Had high hopes it'd become the 1.01 and here we are, probably taking hall unless he tears an Achilles in pre season.
Well, due to the scheduling of the NFL (they have decided to go back to a more reasonable time), the RB's didn't do the agility drills, as it would have happened really late, like midnight, after all the other stuff. They didn't want to hurt their stock. Watching Hall's tape, though, IMO, he's at least as shifty as JT. Here's a Player profier's breakdowns. Speed score, similar, Burst score, Hall is better. Dominator rating, target share are ones to look at (target share especially if you play PPR). The percentile's are basically vs the field at their position. Hall's BMI is fine for a lead back. Taylor's is phenomenal. Hall is the same weight as Lev Bell prime years, but he's shorter, so better BMI. Bell cut a ton of weight after his rookie year, so his combine weight is largely irrelevant. He cut to 217 for his breakout 2nd year.

Breece was a few months younger. Basically the same age, though. Coming into their rookie years in the NFL at 21, which is a huge bonus. They produced at a young age, and will have the benefit of an extra year of "peak age" production in the NFL compared to most other RB prospects.

FWIW, Breece set an FBS record for 24 straight games with a TD. You might say he has a nose for the end zone.

What JT did as a true freshman in the BIG 10 was insane. I am not saying Breece will be JT, but he has the potential to be a top 5 FF RB.

I see you banging the drum here and it reminds me of how I felt that JT was in Barkleys league right after he ran his 40. I won't have any shares of Hall unfortunately 😕

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:12 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:44 pm

I see you banging the drum here and it reminds me of how I felt that JT was in Barkleys league right after he ran his 40. I won't have any shares of Hall unfortunately 😕
I loved JT too. I didn't think he was a better player, but a better runner, and he certainly is. Wasn't sure about the passing game work, but 40 or so grabs a year for JT is enough. I think Hall can be top 5, as I said, due to his receiving. He's not the runner JT is, or the receiver Barkley is, but he's kind of in the middle of both, if you know what I mean? I think he goes round 2, but I think he's drafted to be a guy who can play all 3 downs.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:13 pm

How many first round WR's this year? London, Wilson, for sure, I think. Watson likely too. Then guys like Olave, and Williams may go there. Williams probably would have for sure if not for the ACL. Burks I think goes round 2, but may go late round 1? I think 4-5 would be safe to say.
Janiel Dones Truther

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:13 pm How many first round WR's this year? London, Wilson, for sure, I think. Watson likely too. Then guys like Olave, and Williams may go there. Williams probably would have for sure if not for the ACL. Burks I think goes round 2, but may go late round 1? I think 4-5 would be safe to say.
Very likely: Burks, London, Wilson

More likely than not: Williams, Olave

Unlikely: Jahan Dotson, Christian Watson

God if the Chiefs take Watson round 1 with any of these guys (or even Pickens, Bell or Wandale on the board) I'm going to blow a fuse on draft night

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:26 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:13 pm How many first round WR's this year? London, Wilson, for sure, I think. Watson likely too. Then guys like Olave, and Williams may go there. Williams probably would have for sure if not for the ACL. Burks I think goes round 2, but may go late round 1? I think 4-5 would be safe to say.

God if the Chiefs take Watson round 1 with any of these guys (or even Pickens, Bell or Wandale on the board) I'm going to blow a fuse on draft night
Hearing from some well respected members in the community it's a near lock, at this point. I have my doubts, but could see back of the first or early 2nd. I'd gladly see the Chiefs take Wan'dale over Watson, as a Raiders fan. 5 ft 8 WR's, especially for FF, are not a good fit. I tried to warn people about Rondale.
Janiel Dones Truther

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:23 pm

Hearing from some well respected members in the community it's a near lock, at this point. I have my doubts, but could see back of the first or early 2nd. I'd gladly see the Chiefs take Wan'dale over Watson, as a Raiders fan. 5 ft 8 WR's, especially for FF, are not a good fit. I tried to warn people about Rondale.
Oh I believe it's very possible

This is the team that took Mecole Hardman round 2 after all. I know they don't care much about production

As for Wandale he has never had the injury issues of Rondale with 3 years of high volume age adjusted production unlike 1

Definitely don't want him (or pretty much anyone other than EDGE) in round 1 though

I still think an WR playing in the FCS with a year of the number 3 pick being his QB should have shown domination

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:45 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 pm

This is the team that took Mecole Hardman round 2 after all. I know they don't care much about production

As for Wandale he has never had the injury issues of Rondale with 3 years of high volume age adjusted production unlike 1

Definitely don't want him (or pretty much anyone other than EDGE) in round 1 though

I still think an WR playing in the FCS with a year of the number 3 pick being his QB should have shown domination
Yeah. Heard Ray Garvin and Nick Erlano talk about Rondale a bit, and they basically said what I was saying last year. That he was the best athlete in his program, and they manufactured a lot of plays for him, especially around the LOS. Can't do that in the NFL to the same level, and even when Zona tried it, his yards per touch were really low. He's was always going to be a better college player than NFL player, with his lack of size, arm length, hand size, catch radius. His college YPR were super low, which was a red flag to the type of targets he was getting. Not sure about Wandale, but I don't think he belongs in round 1 conversation. Will be interesting to see what the Chiefs do, as well as the Bills. I wonder if they go RB early, thinking it's the missing piece.
Janiel Dones Truther

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:45 pm

Yeah. Heard Ray Garvin and Nick Erlano talk about Rondale a bit, and they basically said what I was saying last year. That he was the best athlete in his program, and they manufactured a lot of plays for him, especially around the LOS. Can't do that in the NFL to the same level, and even when Zona tried it, his yards per touch were really low. He's was always going to be a better college player than NFL player, with his lack of size, arm length, hand size, catch radius. His college YPR were super low, which was a red flag to the type of targets he was getting. Not sure about Wandale, but I don't think he belongs in round 1 conversation. Will be interesting to see what the Chiefs do, as well as the Bills. I wonder if they go RB early, thinking it's the missing piece.
Ray Garvin is the most overrated analyst on twitter ive come across. Dude consistently falls in love with guys who for me just arent going to produce for fantasy.

He was all over Rondale Moore and i hated him told people to stay away and i also got lit up and trashed when i had Reagor way down my WR list close to 10th his year as well. Garvin had Reagor near the top too
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:37 am

If the Bills go RB, it will be a slight knock on whoever they take, in my book. Don’t want a repeat of the Chiefs’ “Let’s take a RB early and then barely use him” strategy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:40 am

DJB wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:10 am

Ray Garvin is the most overrated analyst on twitter ive come across. Dude consistently falls in love with guys who for me just arent going to produce for fantasy.

He was all over Rondale Moore and i hated him told people to stay away and i also got lit up and trashed when i had Reagor way down my WR list close to 10th his year as well. Garvin had Reagor near the top too
Yeah, I don't care for him either. It was Erlano making the points about why Moore wasn't going to be a success, and wasn't last year. I remember Garvin touting him big last year, too. He is/was a Spiller over Hall guy, too, I found out through that Pod, which was before the RB day. Gross. It's funny, in a way, because he got started because he was listening to people talk about prospects, and felt he knew more than they did, as I recall. His inspiration for getting started. You and I obviously feel the same way, when we listen to him. One thing he does do, is, he hustles. He sells his "knowledge" through enthusiasm and confidence. I disagree with a ton of what he says, and actually stopped listening to him for the same reason he started. I have no interest in podcasting or anything, but yeah, Moore and Reagor come to mind. I believe that it was Erlano's pod who I don't love either, but agreed with his take on Moore, because I was saying it a year earlier. I don't listen to podcasts anymore. First one I've listened to in ages. I maxed out on those things, and anyone with a mic can do it, just listen to "Ball Blast". There's your proof. :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:40 am
DJB wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:10 am

Yeah, I don't care for him either. It was Erlano making the points about why Moore wasn't going to be a success, and wasn't last year. I remember Garvin touting him big last year, too. He is/was a Spiller over Hall guy, too, I found out through that Pod, which was before the RB day. Gross. It's funny, in a way, because he got started because he was listening to people talk about prospects, and felt he knew more than they did, as I recall. His inspiration for getting started. You and I obviously feel the same way, when we listen to him. One thing he does do, is, he hustles. He sells his "knowledge" through enthusiasm and confidence. I disagree with a ton of what he says, and actually stopped listening to him for the same reason he started. I have no interest in podcasting or anything, but yeah, Moore and Reagor come to mind. I believe that it was Erlano's pod who I don't love either, but agreed with his take on Moore, because I was saying it a year earlier. I don't listen to podcasts anymore. First one I've listened to in ages. I maxed out on those things, and anyone with a mic can do it, just listen to "Ball Blast". There's your proof. :lol:
Yeah at first I liked Ray but then he turned me off because like you said, it's all just a hustle. He watches a lot of college ball and says it like he sees it, which is fine but honestly no better than anyone else who watches a lot of college ball lol. I didn't like how he blamed his Reagor take on analytics people. Says he let the numbers people talk him into Reagor but he knew better the whole time or something, which is obviously complete nonsense. He also started comparing covid to Aids or STD's at one point for some reason lol. I will give him credit for one thing, is that sometimes we dynasty people overthink things sometimes, and typically if a player looks great in college (at a big school), it's likely to translate to the NFL. Like, don't overthink Jerry Jeudy being built like a twig, or Najee being a plodder. I'm a person who does tend to overthink things, so that message was a good one for me.