What do I do now?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

What do I do now?

Postby burntfire » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:09 pm

I was beaten down with injuries this year which secured me the 1.02 but I managed to win our toilet bowl which gave me the 1.15.

Obviously I need a QB in the worst kind of way but what should I do moving forward? My league doesn't move QBs without huge overpays.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What do I do now?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:17 pm

Do you own the 1.02 and the 1.15? If so, I would let your picks gain value as the offseason moves along and see if you can move for a solid QB as rookie hype grows. RB and QB look to be a big need given the format and number of teams. This years class does not look very solid at QB, so moving the 1.02 for a proven QB might be the way to go later in the offseason. There is so much time to let your picks gain value and see how the offseason plays out that I would sit tight for a while. Moving for assets pre NFL draft can really backfire at times. It's so easy to look to make moves as soon as the fantasy season is over but let the dust settle for a while unless a great offer comes. Picks are super exciting but with bust rate, sometimes a proven asset or two is the much better way to go.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:24 pm

burntfire wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:09 pm I was beaten down with injuries this year which secured me the 1.02 but I managed to win our toilet bowl which gave me the 1.15.

Obviously I need a QB in the worst kind of way but what should I do moving forward? My league doesn't move QBs without huge overpays.
Hold Davis Mills since he might be the starter next year (fairly big might). Since your league doesn’t move QBs easily, use the 1.02 to draft a QB. This class doesn’t look great, but then again we thought the 2021 class looked awesome and we see how that turned out (the only QBs who were decent were the two who were valued least, Jones and Mills). Bottom line is that it is probably worth taking a stab at Corral, Pickett or Howell depending on landing spot.

Of course, if someone was willing to give you a proven young QB for a reasonable price then I would do that instead. You don’t want to give the 1.02 for an older QB though. Your rebuild is probably going to take another year though since you also need help at RB and TE.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:17 pm Do you own the 1.02 and the 1.15? If so, I would let your picks gain value as the offseason moves along and see if you can move for a solid QB as rookie hype grows. RB and QB look to be a big need given the format and number of teams. This years class does not look very solid at QB, so moving the 1.02 for a proven QB might be the way to go later in the offseason. There is so much time to let your picks gain value and see how the offseason plays out that I would sit tight for a while. Moving for assets pre NFL draft can really backfire at times. It's so easy to look to make moves as soon as the fantasy season is over but let the dust settle for a while unless a great offer comes. Picks are super exciting but with bust rate, sometimes a proven asset or two is the much better way to go.
Gator as always I appreciate it.

Yes I own both picks. In this league we only do a rookie draft and then a live auction for the remaining rookies/vets in FA. I'm trying not to get too aggressive and letting the dust settle is probably going to be the best play.
BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:24 pm
burntfire wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:09 pm I was beaten down with injuries this year which secured me the 1.02 but I managed to win our toilet bowl which gave me the 1.15.

Hold Davis Mills since he might be the starter next year (fairly big might). Since your league doesn’t move QBs easily, use the 1.02 to draft a QB. This class doesn’t look great, but then again we thought the 2021 class looked awesome and we see how that turned out (the only QBs who were decent were the two who were valued least, Jones and Mills). Bottom line is that it is probably worth taking a stab at Corral, Pickett or Howell depending on landing spot.

Of course, if someone was willing to give you a proven young QB for a reasonable price then I would do that instead. You don’t want to give the 1.02 for an older QB though. Your rebuild is probably going to take another year though since you also need help at RB and TE.
I liked Mills coming out knowing he had a ton of potential. He was the top ranked HS QB and would probably be a 1st round pick if he had held out till next year so I'm happy he's showing big flashes. I 100% think he's the starter next year and wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be Matt Schaub 2.0.

What about trading for someone like Watson?

WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:07 pm

What about trading for someone like Watson?
[/quote]

I like it but it is high risk, high reward. If he gets convicted then you are adding a year to your rebuild. If he is acquitted, then you are sitting on a top 5 qb. It doesn’t hurt to start a conversation with the other manager. If he has held him this long then he is probably not moving him cheap.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:13 pm

No currently asking (2) top 10 picks plus Josh Jacobs.