Frustrating

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NeverEndingRebuild
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Frustrating

Postby NeverEndingRebuild » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:09 am

I mostly frustrated with myself for believing Sam Darnold would turn it around.

Arob, Robby Anderson and Julio Jones absolutely falling off a cliff also didn't help.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:07 pm

It was the Dobbins injury for me.

I just think what could have been... in this offense, with Lamar now airing it out...

We have to go through the whole rest-of-season + football drought when we get nutty + then make it through Preseason just to see JK run the ball again.

It's just frustrating.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:19 pm

I can live with things that get explained:
* Golladay in NY... WRs don't usually thrive when changing locations on average so I somewhat expected that
* ARob - he is still a great WR but the QB room is rough
* Injuries... they're just part of the game, maddening as they are (as a Barkley, ETN, Montgomery, Dobbins owner)
* Higgins... had to accept that Chase is an alpha

I get frustrated most when the situation is simply confounding. So here's my true list:
#1 Aiyuk - WTactualF??? This makes zero sense. 1st round pedigree, dominant back half of last year... simply don't get it
#2 Sermon/Elijah Moore - never heard more offseason "perfect fit" than with these guys. Invisible for the most part
#3 Robby Anderson - first, he no longer has chemistry with Darnold and now he cannot catch the ball too
#4 Mike Davis - ummm, I wasn't expecting top 5 RB here, but to get flatly beat out by Cordarelle Patterson is beyond bizarre
#5 CEH - discussed too much on these boards but I still can't comprehend this much of a fall from grace
#6 IDP special... Zach Cunningham... from projected top 3 LB to actual LB 58
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 am Allen Robinson… the “safest” WR1 you can have. .. a sure fire thing, independent of QB situation. *sigh*
Not trying to pile on here but I have no idea why anyone would feel that way about ARob when he'd been a poor fantasy producer 4 out of his 7 years.

Some of that was injury but if I'm thinking guys that are QB proof I'm thinking guys like Hopkins who are good every year regardless of QB. ARob had some good years with bad QBs, but he also had some bad years with bad QBs.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 am Allen Robinson… the “safest” WR1 you can have. .. a sure fire thing, independent of QB situation. *sigh*
Not trying to pile on here but I have no idea why anyone would feel that way about ARob when he'd been a poor fantasy producer 4 out of his 7 years.

Some of that was injury but if I'm thinking guys that are QB proof I'm thinking guys like Hopkins who are good every year regardless of QB. ARob had some good years with bad QBs, but he also had some bad years with bad QBs.
23/250/1 through 7 games is more than just bad. The offense is terrible, Naggy is a terrible coach, and I can't tell quite yet if it's Fields fault or Naggy, but you would like to see your young QB show a little bit of growth or tear it up maybe once a game going down the field and I have not seen that yet.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:48 pm

My whole team is frustrating. Late last year I had Dalvin Cook, CEH, Akers, Darren Waller, Gronk, Michael Thomas, DJ Moore, Tyreek Hill, Will Fuller (with Watson throwing him the ball), a bunch of other good players, good depth and a bunch of IDP studs.

Half those guys are hurt this year, others are underperforming. My WR's and IDP players are still doing really well for the most part. My team went from a world beater to middle of the pack. I'm looking at a pretty good retooling.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Needalife wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:19 pm I get frustrated most when the situation is simply confounding. So here's my true list:
#1 Aiyuk - WTactualF??? This makes zero sense. 1st round pedigree, dominant back half of last year... simply don't get it
Yes exactly. Staring in disbelief at Aiyuk's drop off. He was outright dropped in one of my more competitive leagues this week. Having to fight the urge to bid big to get him. He just feels utterly mis-matched to what the 9er's want him to be. Feels a lot like Josh Doctson from few years back (no not the style of WR play), just the way-mismatched 1st round NFL draft pedigree and never did a thing in the league.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:57 pm

My team that went undefeated in 2020 lost a game :( my dreams of going back to back undefeated seasons was crushed
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:06 pm

+1 on Sanders and Viska, mainly because I was hoping they'd both start well so that I could trade them.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:42 pm

In my main league I own Akers, Dobbins, Hunt, Miles Sanders, Gibson, Arob, Woods, Cooper, AJ Brown (thank god he's bounced back) Watson. Not all equal but all varying degrees of "come on man" and not what I was expecting this season.
Thought I was competing this season hahaha

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Needalife wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:19 pm #1 Aiyuk - WTactualF??? This makes zero sense. 1st round pedigree, dominant back half of last year... simply don't get it
Aiyuk is the only one I don't get. Total head scratcher.

Everyone else can be explained by injury, coaching, bad team, being a rookie, etc.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:27 pm
Needalife wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:19 pm #1 Aiyuk - WTactualF??? This makes zero sense. 1st round pedigree, dominant back half of last year... simply don't get it

Everyone else can be explained by injury, coaching, bad team, being a rookie, etc.
Aiyuk was only productive last year with Deebo and/or kittle out.
Tm 1

Tm 2

W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:48 am

abloom wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 pm

There was only a 2-3 game window where both Deebo and Kittle were healthy at the same time last year. It happened early on in the season too. Also, Kittle has been out for a while now this season and wasn’t being utilized much when he was available.

Aiyuk has certainly underperformed this year, and there is good reason to be concerned at this point. But your logic that it has to do with Kittle and Deebo both being on the field has no logical basis.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:09 am

Kyle Shanahan creates very productive fantasy players. Problem is picking who those players are, and it's hard for them to stick. He's like a mixture of his Dad and Belichick. He can basically turn any RB into a 100-yard/game rusher. He can also use anyone at receiver and they'll be productive. Problem is, you won't always know who it is and SF may never really invest in one guy. Deebo seems safe, but after him it's a crapshoot. RB so far has just been whoever is healthy.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:48 am
abloom wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 pm

There was only a 2-3 game window where both Deebo and Kittle were healthy at the same time last year. It happened early on in the season too. Also, Kittle has been out for a while now this season and wasn’t being utilized much when he was available.

Aiyuk has certainly underperformed this year, and there is good reason to be concerned at this point. But your logic that it has to do with Kittle and Deebo both being on the field has no logical basis.
And/or does not mean and. Look at the stats from Last year, aiyuk was not consistently productive when either one of them was on the field and he yielded most of his running work to deebo when deebo was healthy.
Tm 1

Tm 2