James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: James Robinson

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu May 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Thu May 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Well! now that were back, on topic.

I drafted ETN at the 1.04. I'm very excited to see what he turns into. And while I don't have any Ill will towards JR, I don't think he'll have a path to superstardom anymore. I think he'll be a serviceable back up for the next few years before trickling out of the league or becoming a flyer you'll slot in during a Bye.

My Jax RB group prediction for 2021 (numbers I just made up on the spot and didn't really put any thought into):

Etienne- 150 carries 800ish yards 3 TD's, 70 recs 650ish yards 7 TD's
Jrob- 90 carries 400ish yards 6 TD's, 25 recs 200ish yards
Hyde- who cares honestly
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Thu May 20, 2021 2:38 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:03 pm Absolutely right. They went to the AFC championship on the back of Leonard Fournette.

Having the #2 defense, an island CB, and the #2 ranked run blocking offensive line had little to do with it. I used to think that mattered but it turns out I was just pissed about my fantasy football team.
I hope this isn’t considered off topic but just a point on this;

Jags 2017 offensive line and their draft position (based on snap percentage):

Linder - 3rd round
Parnell - UDFA
Cann - 3rd round
Omameh - UDFA
Robinson - late first

Jags 2017 starting defense:

Campbell - Free agent
Bouye - Free agent
Church - Free agent
Gipson - Free agent
Jackson - Free agent

There are many ways an NFL team can build a competitive roster, fortunes change from season to season.

The Jaguars also had the number #1 rushing offense that year with 141 yards per game, Fournette wasn’t a bad pick they received immediate return on a pick for a roster that had been built to compete immediately and almost won it all.

In summary, no running back is safe 8-)

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:13 pm Well! now that were back, on topic.

I drafted ETN at the 1.04. I'm very excited to see what he turns into. And while I don't have any Ill will towards JR, I don't think he'll have a path to superstardom anymore. I think he'll be a serviceable back up for the next few years before trickling out of the league or becoming a flyer you'll slot in during a Bye.

My Jax RB group prediction for 2021 (numbers I just made up on the spot and didn't really put any thought into):

Hyde- who cares honestly
Well, that would put Etienne at 5% better than Kamara, who was the best RB in the NFL in yards/touch last season.

It would also mean Jax’s top 2 RBs are combining for 240 rushes, equal to Robinson alone last year on the team that ran the least in the NFL.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:13 pm Well! now that were back, on topic.

Hyde- who cares honestly
Well, that would put Etienne at 5% better than Kamara, who was the best RB in the NFL in yards/touch last season.

It would also mean Jax’s top 2 RBs are combining for 240 rushes, equal to Robinson alone last year on the team that ran the least in the NFL.
what's your measurement of "better" like where did the percent come from? Also every single one of those numbers would be below Kamara's rookie numbers, minus rushing yards, and don't forget we have an extra game this season.

Kamara's rookie numbers: 120 carries 728 yards 8td's, 81 recs 826 5 td's

Im giving ETN 30 more carries and pretty similar yardage, less touchdowns, less receptions and nearly 200 less receiving yards with an extra game.

Obviously its a very optimistic outlook, but I don't think its unrealistic
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu May 20, 2021 3:32 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Hyde- who cares honestly
It is very obvious you put little thought into this seeing as though you still have an Urban Meyer led Jaguars team rushing sparingly despite predicting a lofty YPC of 5.3 and 4.5 ish. :wtf: What kind of team runs so little when their RBs are having/have had that level of success? (Besides my Philadelphia Eagles) I just dont understand the thought pattern.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Thu May 20, 2021 4:47 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:32 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Hyde- who cares honestly
It is very obvious you put little thought into this seeing as though you still have an Urban Meyer led Jaguars team rushing sparingly despite predicting a lofty YPC of 5.3 and 4.5 ish. :wtf: What kind of team runs so little when their RBs are having/have had that level of success? (Besides my Philadelphia Eagles) I just dont understand the thought pattern.
the kind where your defense isn't all that good and your playing from behind more than not. But your right lol I really didn't ponder those numbers very much.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Just wondering when the fantasy community will acknowledge the season has increased by a game? Believe it or not this will skew statistics regardless of who the player is your defending, hating, or rooting for on the sidelines.

800 yards over 17 games is less than 48 yards per game rushing. Are people really going to argue about 48 yards per games on the ground? The question is will Jacksonville improve on their 997 offensive plays from last year. With an added game with no improvement or decline they will run 1059 plays or about 62.3 per game.

Will ETN get around 13 touches per game or 221 total touches? All of the sudden 150 carries and 70 receptions doesn't look outlandish.

For perspective sake, CEH another 1st round pick had 217 touches in only 13 games. ETN will have 17 games if he remains healthy.

The bottom line is how will the player be used? We have early indications and we all know he will get played as a 1st round pick. The blend of running and receiving is TBD but 12-16 touches on average seems pretty reasonable.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:21 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:59 pm
ummm, what? For the 5th time, I'm not coming from an angle that is unfair. Maybe go back and re read what I said? You're still not getting it. I can't point to one time in the modern era where a team drafted a running back in the first round and had him make a bad team turn good.
No one player at any position is going to do this, except maybe QB and the Jags also got the QB in this draft who is most likely to do it.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu May 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Ice wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm Just wondering when the fantasy community will acknowledge the season has increased by a game? Believe it or not this will skew statistics regardless of who the player is your defending, hating, or rooting for on the sidelines.

800 yards over 17 games is less than 48 yards per game rushing. Are people really going to argue about 48 yards per games on the ground? The question is will Jacksonville improve on their 997 offensive plays from last year. With an added game with no improvement or decline they will run 1059 plays or about 62.3 per game.

Will ETN get around 13 touches per game or 221 total touches? All of the sudden 150 carries and 70 receptions doesn't look outlandish.

For perspective sake, CEH another 1st round pick had 217 touches in only 13 games. ETN will have 17 games if he remains healthy.

The bottom line is how will the player be used? We have early indications and we all know he will get played as a 1st round pick. The blend of running and receiving is TBD but 12-16 touches on average seems pretty reasonable.

This is an interesting point and I wonder if even the 1 extra game will give more value to RBs and thus encourage teams to draft them earlier? If I remember correctly RBs average about 13 games a season so they are missing out on nearly 1/4 of the season. I could see more teams take the approach to draft a ETN and use a JRob in a balanced way to make sure everyone is healthy if making a playoff run.

Random prediction- Pittsburgh runs Harris into the ground and he is destroyed by end of season without another plan at RB for the playoffs.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 20, 2021 6:14 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:24 pm
Ice wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:10 pm Just wondering when the fantasy community will acknowledge the season has increased by a game? Believe it or not this will skew statistics regardless of who the player is your defending, hating, or rooting for on the sidelines.

This is an interesting point and I wonder if even the 1 extra game will give more value to RBs and thus encourage teams to draft them earlier? If I remember correctly RBs average about 13 games a season so they are missing out on nearly 1/4 of the season. I could see more teams take the approach to draft a ETN and use a JRob in a balanced way to make sure everyone is healthy if making a playoff run.

Random prediction- Pittsburgh runs Harris into the ground and he is destroyed by end of season without another plan at RB for the playoffs.
Bold to think 40 year old Big Ben makes the playoffs in that division lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 20, 2021 7:22 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:56 am
We all want Etienne, Harris, Williams, etc.. to be solid RB's for our fantasy teams but history says there's going to be some disappointments. In fact, some of the guys drafted later may end up outplaying those who went earlier. So many strong opinions being expressed here, and there seems to be a lot of certainty in both the pro/con Etienne camps.
I charge you with repeating this post annually as a reminder. 8-)

Regardless of the year, position and names involved - that is spot on. In the end we can only go with the information we have, and the perspective we've chosen to view the information through.

Personally I am not a firm believer in James Robinson long term. I think he is a good not great nor elite back who was in the right place at the right time and gave everything he had (fair or unfair). Having said that, I do think, like with many before him, he has enough talent to succeed again when given the chance and it is still to early to determine how much opportunity for fantasy production remains, other than he'll likely have some further use (like Chris Carson & Philip Lindsay have repeatedly shown).

In the end, as always, it comes down to cost of belief. Believing at a cost of a mid 1st (pick or equivalent player value) is quite different than that of an early or mid or late 2nd. So an owner can be a believer, but at the right price. If you have recently purchased Robinson at said mid first price, then I applaud you for your belief. If you have done so at a lower cost, then I applaud you for being bright enough to ascertain the cost at which you were comfortable, and being able to make that acquisition. If you have chosen to stay off Robinson regardless of cost, then I applaud you for your belief. Because as always there is no 1 right answer, and the answer that works for you is all that matters. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 21, 2021 9:30 am

Barring injury JRob will have over 1,000 yards this season. I have no idea what Etienne will have, but the majority won't be from rushing.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 am

thebeast wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:30 am Barring injury JRob will have over 1,000 yards this season. I have no idea what Etienne will have, but the majority won't be from rushing.
1000 yards rushing or from scrimmage?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 21, 2021 10:29 am

Still running with the "they're going to play him at WR" narrative