WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm

I offered Jeudy + Hockenson for Claypool in TE Premium and was rejected.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm I offered Jeudy + Hockenson for Claypool in TE Premium and was rejected.
That's interesting. I guess it depends on situation then. If you can get a good deal I'd offload Jeudy, but if nothing is there then you probably got to hold. I think it might depend on who you're dealing with as both Claypool and Jeudy have wide price ranges varying from owner to owner. Odds are there's someone in your league who still values him at what he was at preseason, you just have to find out who it is.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm I offered Jeudy + Hockenson for Claypool in TE Premium and was rejected.
That's interesting. I guess it depends on situation then. If you can get a good deal I'd offload Jeudy, but if nothing is there then you probably got to hold. I think it might depend on who you're dealing with as both Claypool and Jeudy have wide price ranges varying from owner to owner. Odds are there's someone in your league who still values him at what he was at preseason, you just have to find out who it is.
Just look for the 🌮 :lol: (only kidding, don't kill me truthers!)
Last edited by Sriracha on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 pm

As someone said earlier Jeudy was looked at as NFL ready out of the gate and while he has looked good at times he certainly has not looked totally NFL ready right out of the gate. To be fair to him tho he really is performing like any normal rookie would but he unfortuntaely has Lamb, Jefferson, Claypool, Higgins etc around him so it makes his average rookie start look bad in comparison when it isnt bad at all. Jefferson has also performed like a normal rookie to be fair as well, he has been inconsistent, but his booms have been so big its impossible to ignore.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm

No doubt, it's still early and he has flashed.

His presumed strengths have been much less pronounced than many expected, and his weaknesses have been magnified. Definitely not a bust yet, but the assessment that he is a generational talent (which some people advocated him as) is not looking good. He has struggled when defenders are anywhere near him, which is exactly what many of his doubters were worried about.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm No doubt, it's still early and he has flashed.

His presumed strengths have been much less pronounced than many expected, and his weaknesses have been magnified. Definitely not a bust yet, but the assessment that he is a generational talent (which some people advocated him as) is not looking good. He has struggled when defenders are anywhere near him, which is exactly what many of his doubters were worried about.
Well to be fair Jeudy has Denver and Lamb has Dallas. Yes Lamb has target competition but the defense has 2-4 other guys they worry about before him. Jeudy is top 1-2 biggest threat on a bad offense. Its reasonable to expect him to make strides in the backend of the season as the game slows down. That being said I would be ok buying way cheap or selling way high but mostly I am sitting til week8-10ish before deciding to push hard.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:38 pm

^This. I think he's looked great for what he's had to deal with. He's become the #1 threat on that offense. Lamb and Claypool aren't.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 pm As someone said earlier Jeudy was looked at as NFL ready out of the gate and while he has looked good at times he certainly has not looked totally NFL ready right out of the gate. To be fair to him tho he really is performing like any normal rookie would but he unfortuntaely has Lamb, Jefferson, Claypool, Higgins etc around him so it makes his average rookie start look bad in comparison when it isnt bad at all. Jefferson has also performed like a normal rookie to be fair as well, he has been inconsistent, but his booms have been so big its impossible to ignore.
I agree it's hard when he's seen as competing against these other rookies, the truth is he's had as much of a chance as any to run away with the lead role as any rookie though and he hasn't done it rather we're seeing Tim Patrick shine someone who many of us (including myself) had written off.

I don't think Jefferson has been as inconsistent. The first 2 games he was the 3rd WR behind Bisi Johnson. Not sure what it was for but he missed a week or 2 in training camp which may have played a role. Since he got his first start in wekk 3 he has had 3 phenomenal games out of 4.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Wow, I would’ve probably took that, even though Claypool has looked great.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:46 pm

burntfire wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:38 pm ^This. I think he's looked great for what he's had to deal with. He's become the #1 threat on that offense. Lamb and Claypool aren't.
He isn't the #1 threat on that offense even with Sutton, and Fant missing extended time.

NFL defenses have been treating Tim Patrick as the #1

Patrick's CB matchups: Malcolm Butler, Joe Haden, Carlton Davis, Lamar Jackson, Stephon Gilmore
Jeudy's CB matchups: Mike Hilton, Antoine Winfield, Brian Poole, Jonathan Jones

He is still young, and talented. Could easily turn things around, but there really isn't an excuse for him right now. He isn't ready, yet; which is contrary to what many people expected out of him given his "elite route running" prowess in college.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:46 pm
burntfire wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:38 pm ^This. I think he's looked great for what he's had to deal with. He's become the #1 threat on that offense. Lamb and Claypool aren't.
He isn't the #1 threat on that offense even with Sutton, and Fant missing extended time.

Patrick's CB matchups: Malcolm Butler, Joe Haden, Carlton Davis, Lamar Jackson, Stephon Gilmore
And Claypool is absolutely the #1 threat for Pittsburgh now. Sure they have Juju, Diontae and Washington plus other skill players and maybe Claypool doesn't get the most volume on the team, but he is clearly the most dangerous weapon they have for opposing defenses to face and try to mitigate.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:55 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:50 pm

And Claypool is absolutely the #1 threat for Pittsburgh now. Sure they have Juju, Diontae and Washington plus other skill players and maybe Claypool doesn't get the most volume on the team, but he is clearly the most dangerous weapon they have for opposing defenses to face and try to mitigate.
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating that Claypool is more valuable than Jeudy right now (but it is worth noting his week 4 explosion came against Darius Slay). I'm in wait and see mode with him just like I am Jeudy.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm No doubt, it's still early and he has flashed.

To be fair, nobody called Jeudy a generational prospect.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:57 pm

To be fair, nobody called Jeudy a generational prospect.
Maybe not in this specific conversation, but there are absolutely people on this forum who have put him in or near that category over the last year or so.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:02 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:50 pm

I think he was talking in context to what the defence trys to shut down, has Claypool been seeing the no.1 cbs? Is he getting double covered? These are the relevant points in this context.