FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Official/Final 2020 Rookie RB Ranks

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 27, 2020 7:47 am

CGW wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:45 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 am
CGW wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:18 am

So you only pay attention to those who have better accuracy than the NFL? I'd bet there are very few (none) on here who do. I doubt many people stick to their rankings post NFL draft.

Saying this type of ranking system is flawed is fine, but saying it isn't valuable is an oversight. I look at this type of analysis to find insight on the guys who aren't in the top tier. Guys like singletary, who wasn't on my radar at all, and I was able to dig deeper on because he showed up here. That late 2nd, early 3rd pick for me turned into an asset worth a 1st quickly. That's what I'm looking for. If you are looking for someone with better accuracy than the NFL, it's not going to happen.
But Singletary would have been on your radar after he was drafted in the third by the Bills, not because of Mike's report. I don't understand your point. If his system is only to be judged on the segment after the NFL draft, there are plenty of other more credible sources to look at. Why do the first 2 at all, when you have UDFA's as your top tier in the first stage? To me it just shows that you need more data/info from more credible sources to make you analysis anywhere near accurate, which anyone can do.
Sounds good. We can probably go ahead and delete 95% of this discussion forum as it is all just pre-draft fluff anyway. I think maybe the bigger concern is the way Mike goes about it? Which I agree with, can be over the top and deserve criticism.
Well that was is originally it, but I was over that a while ago. The other poster claimed it's only the 3rd stage that he's to be judged on, so now I am confused as to the desired outcome, as even that stage doesn't have actual rankings, just tiers, apart from stating CEH is the 1.01. I do see a brief breakdown, but ranks and tiers are something different to me. A rank is a defined number in an order vs his peers, which this is not.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 am

I agree there, the tiers don't really add definitive ranking so it is hard to judge them year to year on "hit rate". But that's ok, because I ultimately don't use any one source to make my rookie lists. I look over many sources of info and formulate my own ranks. That's why I could care less if Mike claims to be a guru or whatever. He did turn me onto Singletary over Harris, Hill, Mattison and Henderson who were all going before him in most drafts according to Mizelle at the time of my drafts last summer. I'll take that for whatever it's worth.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 27, 2020 8:14 am

CGW wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 am I agree there, the tiers don't really add definitive ranking so it is hard to judge them year to year on "hit rate". But that's ok, because I ultimately don't use any one source to make my rookie lists. I look over many sources of info and formulate my own ranks. That's why I could care less if Mike claims to be a guru or whatever. He did turn me onto Singletary over Harris, Hill, Mattison and Henderson who were all going before him in most drafts according to Mizelle at the time of my drafts last summer. I'll take that for whatever it's worth.
I guess my issue is the use of language for the threads. It should not be listed as ranks, but rather tiers. Which is fine, I was just confused about that, but I have been up all night, so there is that, too. :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:46 am

CGW wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:18 am

So you only pay attention to those who have better accuracy than the NFL? I'd bet there are very few (none) on here who do. I doubt many people stick to their rankings post NFL draft.

Saying this type of ranking system is flawed is fine, but saying it isn't valuable is an oversight. I look at this type of analysis to find insight on the guys who aren't in the top tier. Guys like singletary, who wasn't on my radar at all, and I was able to dig deeper on because he showed up here. That late 2nd, early 3rd pick for me turned into an asset worth a 1st quickly. That's what I'm looking for. If you are looking for someone with better accuracy than the NFL, it's not going to happen.
But Singletary would have been on your radar after he was drafted in the third by the Bills, not because of Mike's report. I don't understand your point. If his system is only to be judged on the segment after the NFL draft, there are plenty of other more credible sources to look at. Why do the first 2 at all, when you have UDFA's as your top tier in the first stage? To me it just shows that you need more data/info from more credible sources to make you analysis anywhere near accurate, which anyone can do.
Sounds good. We can probably go ahead and delete 95% of this discussion forum as it is all just pre-draft fluff anyway. I think maybe the bigger concern is the way Mike goes about it? Which I agree with, can be over the top and deserve criticism.
I think this a lot but then realize I come here 25 times a day

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:32 amThe reality for me is, in this type of 3 tiered system, anybody can look good, and adjust. In Mike's 1st tier last year, Holyfield was a top back. But the 3rd tiers later, you can adjust. I guess I just don't really see what this offers anybody, really.
It's a forum. I posted it for something to read/do. Someone asked about my process when evaluating RBs and I thought I could make something cool out of it. As a result, my Holyfield rank kept popping up, even though he didn't make my final ranks. Here we are 2+ year removed and he's back! I had him ranked highly pre-combine, then post-combine when his 40 time could nearly be clocked with a sundial, I took him off my ranks entirely. That's pretty standard. IMO I don't think I should be criticized for it. If anything, Holyfield deserves the criticism, yes? :P

I've posted a lot less recently. I love the critique in rankings or feedback on players. I love discussing my ranks or your ranks, variables we hadn't considered as a community, etc. I'm not into this other stuff.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:00 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:46 am

I think this a lot but then realize I come here 25 times a day
I thought I was the only one :lol: :lol:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:32 amThe reality for me is, in this type of 3 tiered system, anybody can look good, and adjust. In Mike's 1st tier last year, Holyfield was a top back. But the 3rd tiers later, you can adjust. I guess I just don't really see what this offers anybody, really.
It's a forum. I posted it for something to read/do. Someone asked about my process when evaluating RBs and I thought I could make something cool out of it. As a result, my Holyfield rank kept popping up, even though he didn't make my final ranks. Here we are 2+ year removed and he's back! I had him ranked highly pre-combine, then post-combine when his 40 time could nearly be clocked with a sundial, I took him off my ranks entirely. That's pretty standard. IMO I don't think I should be criticized for it. If anything, Holyfield deserves the criticism, yes? :P

I've posted a lot less recently. I love the critique in rankings or feedback on players. I love discussing my ranks or your ranks, variables we hadn't considered as a community, etc. I'm not into this other stuff.
Keep it up mike, I've followed you for a while now on here and love it

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed May 27, 2020 1:12 pm

Did @dlf_mikeh sleep with a bunch of the forum members wives or what?

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:12 pm Did @dlf_mikeh sleep with a bunch of the forum members wives or what?
I still would find his RB writeups more impressive!

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:47 am

Well that was is originally it, but I was over that a while ago. The other poster claimed it's only the 3rd stage that he's to be judged on, so now I am confused as to the desired outcome, as even that stage doesn't have actual rankings, just tiers, apart from stating CEH is the 1.01. I do see a brief breakdown, but ranks and tiers are something different to me. A rank is a defined number in an order vs his peers, which this is not.
The issue might be that you are looking for Mike's desired outcome from him posting his first 2 stages lol, you'll have to ask Mike about that and also will have to be disappointed if he does it "just because he can" haha, this is a forum for a fantasy game, looking for meaning behind what people post on the internet is a good way to send you loopy.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed May 27, 2020 6:11 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 am

This is what’s important. Too many gatekeepers getting around at the moment, driving discussion away from the actual players.

Probably why DD hasn’t posted his report yet either.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed May 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:14 pm DDs still "fine tuning" his formula so he can include CEH.
:lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Wed May 27, 2020 8:40 pm

It’s a wonder why anyone takes any stance anymore in these online forums. You say one thing that might be against the grain, plant your flag, or deviate from the group think and you’ve got a select number of people jumping down your throat, or stalking you incessantly to try and insult you. It happens in every forum, and I think it’s largely a pissing contest/jealousy/I’m going to prove that I think I’m smarter than you situation.

Driving people away from posting their ideas and sparking discussion/a different thought is what will be the death of online forums. Challenging discussion is great- it often reaffirms my beliefs, but also makes me think twice about my stance on things.

People should be better, or find some sense of perspective/happiness in life

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:12 pm Did @dlf_mikeh sleep with a bunch of the forum members wives or what?
Almost 100% of them.

;)