Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The official Joe Mixon thread

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:12 pm Ugh. This is absolutely Todd Gurley in 2016, or David Johnson last year sans the TDs.

Still a great hold or buy in dynasty, but looking like a busted pick for redraft.
Depends on the price. I like Mixon, but people were hyping him up as a top 5 type of guy, and although he does have a 3 down skill set, and athleticism, I never saw it in terms of football IQ, awareness etc. He didn't have the instincts of guys like Chubb, or Cook in the same type of draft range for me. If I can get him for a random first or something, sure, but his situation doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon, and that's a problem when talking about RB's. I would certainly prefer a top 3 pick in next years class over him, personally.
I don't think Lukky is saying to buy for an early 1st or pay top 5 overall prices. I think the point he's making is that this would be a great time to buy because you won't have to pay those prices to get him. All the other stuff isn't really relevant right now.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Correct, I bet there are definitely some leagues out there where a very frustrated owner would sell Mixon for a random first and maybe someone like Gallman or Brieda.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm

I still hold out hope that their O-line is better next year when healthy plus hopefully they add another body. My biggest concern was I was hoping Taylor would add creativity to the offense that was sorely missing with Marvin Lewis. But so far, I’ve been so disappointed in Taylor. Before the game got out of hand yesterday, Cincy was having success running the ball yet they kept passing even though it was beyond obvious that they couldn’t protect Dalton.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm I still hold out hope that their O-line is better next year when healthy plus hopefully they add another body. My biggest concern was I was hoping Taylor would add creativity to the offense that was sorely missing with Marvin Lewis. But so far, I’ve been so disappointed in Taylor. Before the game got out of hand yesterday, Cincy was having success running the ball yet they kept passing even though it was beyond obvious that they couldn’t protect Dalton.
My biggest problem is the lack of passing game and screen game usage of Mixon by Taylor. He comes from schemes that utilize the RB in this area but Mixon isnt getting hardly any targets. And we know what a fantastic player he is catching passes and put in space. Goodness, could you imagine him in KC or CAR?

kielpro88
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby kielpro88 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Own him in multiple leagues and am becoming increasingly frustrated. Wish he wasn't stuck on the Bengals. Was just offered Derrick Henry and Sammy Watkins for him in a league I'm 3-1 in and am considering it. Any thoughts on that trade?
10 Team Standard - Non PPR - IDP
2018 LINEUP
QB - Dak, Josh Allen
RB - Mixon, Kerryon, Montgomery, Justice, Singletary, Mckinnon
WR - Evans, Kupp, Golladay, DJ Moore, Shepard, Tyrell, Hardman, Diontae, Marvin Jones
TE - Henry, Hooper
K - Legatron
LB - Mosley, Devin Bush, Deion Jones, Reddick, Thomas Davis, Telvin Smith
DL - Chubb, Chris Jones, Nick Bosa, Ferrell
DB - Jamal Adams, Keanu Neal, Harrison Smith, Vonn Bell

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 pm

kielpro88 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 pm Own him in multiple leagues and am becoming increasingly frustrated. Wish he wasn't stuck on the Bengals. Was just offered Derrick Henry and Sammy Watkins for him in a league I'm 3-1 in and am considering it. Any thoughts on that trade?
I like Mixon a lot, but I’d take that trade. Bengals are a toxic organization. If Mixon evers gets out, it’ll likely be on the downside of his career.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:57 pm My biggest concern was I was hoping Taylor would add creativity to the offense that was sorely missing with Marvin Lewis. But so far, I’ve been so disappointed in Taylor. Before the game got out of hand yesterday, Cincy was having success running the ball yet they kept passing even though it was beyond obvious that they couldn’t protect Dalton.
Marvin Lewis did not touch the offense last year. It was all Lazor, and he had the Bengals O top 5 in scoring before AJG and Dalton got hurt. I don't know why people were expecting Taylor to make the offense better. The only constant in the NFL is change -- the Bengals O would either improve or regress, so if you expected them to improve, I'm not sure why.

There is also a tendency for new offensive systems to not click until the 2nd year. Lazor took over for Zampese after 3 games in 2017, so last year 2018 was really his second year. I expect with continued investment in the OL, and health there, and Taylor's 2nd year, that things will be much improved for Mixon in 2020. For 2019, however, everyone really should have managed their expectations...

Bot101 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:02 pm My biggest problem is the lack of passing game and screen game usage of Mixon by Taylor. He comes from schemes that utilize the RB in this area but Mixon isnt getting hardly any targets. And we know what a fantastic player he is catching passes and put in space. Goodness, could you imagine him in KC or CAR?
Didn't Mixon get 2 or 3 screens on MNF? I'd like to see him targeted on a couple more designed routes, though.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:08 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 pm
kielpro88 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:19 pm Own him in multiple leagues and am becoming increasingly frustrated. Wish he wasn't stuck on the Bengals. Was just offered Derrick Henry and Sammy Watkins for him in a league I'm 3-1 in and am considering it. Any thoughts on that trade?
I like Mixon a lot, but I’d take that trade. Bengals are a toxic organization. If Mixon evers gets out, it’ll likely be on the downside of his career.
this^

Plus - as a contender would you give up Sammy to acquire Mixon straight up? Or Henry for Mixon straight up? Not sure I would do either, but recognize that could look genius or not so smart a year from now.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:45 am

I would easily give up Sammy or Henry straight up for Mixon no matter the situation
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:19 am

Slackalacker wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:45 am I would easily give up Sammy or Henry straight up for Mixon no matter the situation
Me too.

uscman
Starter
Starter

Postby uscman » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Whats his value in a 2qb league. In team 2 of my sig, I was offered mixon for matt ryan. My rb situation is terrible, and I have some qb's to trade.
12 team 2QB/2TE Devy League

2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2FLEX
.5ppr

QB Murray, Daniels, Garopollo, Heinicke, Book, Rattler

RB Mixon, A Jones, Fournette, Damien Harris, Foreman, Tevin Coleman, J Patterson, Hilliard, Tank Bigsby (D)

WE Evans, Godwin, Kupp, Chark, G Davis, Cobb, T Marshall, Lazard, D Brown, D Bell, Eskridge, M Terrance, Cam Sims, Kayshon Boutte (D), Joe Ngata (D)

TE Everett, P Brown, I Thomas, Parham, Jaeden Graham, Ian Smith, Hunter Bryant

2022 Picks: 2.11, 3.07, 3.11
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Mixon over Ryan even in a 2QB league
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Weirdly enough Joe Mixon has increased his attempts and rushing yards each game - almost as if the Bengals realize they should use him. ;)

Well that and he is hopefully over that short term injury.

6 attempts - 10 yards
11 attempts - 17 yards
15 attempts - 61 yards
15 attempts - 62 yards
19 attempts - 93 yards

He will need to average 65-70 yards per game going forward to reach 1000 yards. His reception targets remains disappointingly low of course (and is actually being out targeted by Bernard).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Mixon also had a sprained ankle he dealt with off the bat. I'm wondering if I can buy a little low on him. I'm not willing to pay a lot since his ceiling is extremely low.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:20 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm Mixon also had a sprained ankle he dealt with off the bat. I'm wondering if I can buy a little low on him. I'm not willing to pay a lot since his ceiling is extremely low.
I wonder if that isn't being overlooked here. He hasn't looked as spry or agile this year even on the occasions where he has gotten the ball in space.

I think people overrate his receiving ability though. He has a career aDoT of 0.2 and has never caught a ball 10+ yards downfield in his entire NFL career. In college he caught a bunch of dumpoffs/screens and had all kinds of running room against overmatched competition. In the NFL he hasn't been able to do the same with those dumpoffs/screens, especially this year on the tender ankle.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert