Donte Moncrief.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
snaps06
Captain
Captain

Re: Donte Moncrief.

Postby snaps06 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:10 pm
snaps06 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:19 pm Moncrief gets hype basically every year, then fails to perform at the level the hype builds to. It's like clockwork. Maybe Pitt will be better for him, but don't be surprised if he has a major fall-off at about game 4. If I owned him, I'd be cautiously optimistic.
No hype in Jacksonville and did well considering Bortles was the qb.
Every year in Indy he was hyped in the off-season until everybody gave up on him going into 2018. Thankfully I sold my last share of him in 2016 and haven't looked back. Maybe he'll be fine in Pitt, but if I owned him I wouldn't expect much more than 700 yards and 6 TDs as his ceiling (occasional flex play in deeper leagues territory). Again, cautiously optimistic, meaning there is absolutely reason for hope but temper expectations.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:11 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:01 pm
IR1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:38 pm Hoping more hype develops and I can get a 2020 2nd, even if I have to add a little
That would be a huge win in my book
Picked him up off ww a couple weeks, realistically would take just about anything. Sent a couple offers out to wr needy teams- moncrief and my 3rd(likely late) for their 2nd
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:37 pm

People may forget the role TDs play in fantasy production. For example in 2018 with a limited 89 targets Moncrief was

47th in receptions
46th in yards

but in part to the fact that the Jaguars threw for a mere 15 TDs (tied with Buffalo for 2nd least) - or 1/3rd of what Mahomes did ;) - Moncrief only got 3 TDs. 48-668-3. Had he had 6-7 TDs instead he would have been in WR3 conversation.

We don't know what percentage/volume of targets he'll get with Pittsburgh, but the Steelers have pretty much been a lock for 580-620 passing attempts (even the year(s) Big Ben missed 4-5 games they still had 575-590 attempts).

I am starting to think a worst case scenario for Moncrief - assuming a full 16 game season - is similar to a Martavius Bryant 2015 - which was 50-765-6 on 90 targets and borderline WR3. If he can get into the 110-120 range (and the Steelers recent history is littered with plenty of evidence the 2nd most targeted player would get this) - you might see closer to a 65-900-8 type stat line for Moncrief which would put him in the low end of WR2.

I know a lot of people think well he did not do much with Luck. Well actually of Moncriefs 346 targets - only 141 of them were from Luck - the rest came from guys like Bortles, Brissett & Tolzein. 4for4 says that his targets from Luck come out to

"On those targets from Luck, Moncrief produced more than 1,000 yards and 10 scores"
https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/ ... e-moncrief

so I dont think projecting a ceiling (not a floor) of 65-900-8 is unreasonable - and even a floor as mentioned by snaps06, with 7-8 TDs would still put him in WR3/Flex range.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:27 pm

I need more of that ^^

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 pm

My chips are in on Washington. Moncrief reminds me of shiny fools gold.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 pm My chips are in on Washington. Moncrief reminds me of shiny fools gold.
From what I read they already pushed the rookie ahead of Washington. I think he too is fools gold a bit.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Washington sounds like he is 5th right now in camp
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:05 pm

From FanSided Still Curtain from Day One of training camp:
Wide receiver depth chart

It’s hard to get an exact gauge right now of which receivers will be the ‘starters’ for the Steelers, but I have an idea based on their personnel groupings yesterday. In 11 personnel, the Steelers used JuJu Smith-Schuster in the slot with Donte Mocrief as the ‘X’ and James Washington as the ‘Z’.

I fully expect JuJu to move around the formation, and he will be an outside receiver in two receiver sets or when Rogers/Switzer are on the field in 11 personnel. Each of the top six receivers (JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Rogers, Switzer, and Johnson) got a heavy dose of work with the ones and twos yesterday.
Just guessing here, but with Washington struggling to learn his position last year, my guess is the Steelers want him to focus on the Z receiver role and the fact that Johnson was moved to the X role when Moncrief went down makes sense and doesn’t really mean one guy has jumped the other.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:27 pm

Just an update: apparently Moncrief's finger injury was 'minor', and he eventually came back to practice. So I guess he's fine? We'll see if he practices tomorrow.

Beat reporters have had him on their "stock up" / "winners" list every day of camp so far, including today.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Dan Graziano has Moncrief as the front-runner so far for the #2 WR role.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/sta ... 9364978690

and plenty of websites (probably based on this tweet) are posting blurbs that Moncrief is expected to be the #2.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:05 pm

And reportedly Diontae is battling Washington for the job at Z in 3-wide sets, in which JJSS will move to the slot, as expected.

Remains to be seen if Moncrief as the nominal WR2 would actually command a much greater target-share than whoever ends up the WR3, but, so far, so good.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 pm

As I said before, I fully expect Moncrief to have a solid season. How can anyone expect a 3rd round rookie to beat out Moncrief, who is a solid experienced, high skilled veteran? If he did, that would speak volumes for Diontae. The same for Nate Washington. These young WRs are not highly regarded, not to the level of Moncrief.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:54 am

remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 pm As I said before, I fully expect Moncrief to have a solid season. How can anyone expect a 3rd round rookie to beat out Moncrief, who is a solid experienced, high skilled veteran? If he did, that would speak volumes for Diontae. The same for Nate Washington. These young WRs are not highly regarded, not to the level of Moncrief.
The third round is still a fairly high pick, and I don’t think Moncrief is as “highly regarded” or on some “level” that you think he is.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 am

remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 pm As I said before, I fully expect Moncrief to have a solid season. How can anyone expect a 3rd round rookie to beat out Moncrief, who is a solid experienced, high skilled veteran? If he did, that would speak volumes for Diontae. The same for Nate Washington. These young WRs are not highly regarded, not to the level of Moncrief.
Yes Moncrief is so highly regarded he's on his third team already. And it's James Washington not Nate Washington.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:14 am

i think Nate Washington was bagging my groceries yesterday. James probably will be too when his rookie deal runs out