Manager looking for a team to take over!

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Manager looking for a team to take over!

Postby Water Buffalo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:49 am

About me:

Hey all, I'm a long time fantasy player, starting with the usual redrafts about 10 years ago before I got the desire for something more. Redrafts are fun, but lets be honest... they aren't as fun as dynasty :D

I'm currently a team manager in 2 dynasty leagues, and I have been the commissioner of one of them (my main league) for 5 years now. I limit myself to 5 leagues each year so that I can be an active and responsible owner in each one. Last year, my keeper league basically dissolved so I have an open slot in my personal 5 league limit. Instead of doing another keeper league, I'm opting for another dynasty league because they really are the best fantasy football experience out there!

The only real "downside" to me as a team manager (if you see it that way...) is that I'm not looking for a pay league. I've got enough money invested in fantasy sports as it is, and I really need to keep it to a minimum. I might be able to swing league maintenance fees of around $5/year, but really nothing more. Completely free would be absolutely ideal of course.

What I'm looking for:

I'm looking for a dynasty league with an open slot because of an abandoned team. The league MUST be active and it MUST be competitive. As a commissioner in my other league, there's nothing I hate more than owners that neglect their teams and never pay attention to trade offers.

I would strongly prefer this to be a 12 team league. 14 would be ok too, but I'm really not looking for more or less than that. I'm also just about dead set on a MFL league. I prefer PPR of some form, but it's not an absolute must. Standard scoring with standard lineup requirements would be awesome. Somewhat deep rosters would be ideal, something in the 25-30 range. A taxi/practice squad would be cool too, but by no means a necessity.

I'm VERY ok with taking over a really crappy team that needs a lot of work. In fact, I almost prefer it. I'm hoping for a challenge.

And lastly (I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff) I hope to meet some cool people that enjoy having a good time with this stuff! The more strange characters in the league the better :)

What I'm not interested in:

As interesting as they are, I'm not really looking for an IDP league. The same goes for a salary league. No 2 QB leagues either please. If everything else I'm looking for was perfect, but there happened to be a few IDP slots I might be able to cave on that a bit... I just don't want a full blown deep IDP league.

I also don't like leagues with strange scoring (stuff like huge bonuses for long TDs, extremely TD heavy leagues that only reward 1 point per 50 yards rush/receive etc....).

And of course, no big drama. Friendly arguments and good-natured ribbing are strongly encouraged, but no collusion, easily offended people, pouting etc please!

Why should you pick me?

First and foremost, I'm active. I might be slightly less active during the off season with trade offers and such, but I will ALWAYS be looking to acquire that hot new FA, I will always respond to polls and chat topics that I feel I can contribute to, and I will always respond to trade offers. As I said earlier, as a commissioner in one of my leagues I understand what makes dynasty football fun and not fun. Active owners are fun, inactive owners are not. I'm always one of the more active traders in my leagues, as long as you stingy people are willing to deal :wink:

And probably most importantly, as I mentioned earlier I'm willing to take over that cellar dwelling team that hasn't been competitive in your league. I will do my absolute best to turn that team around and become competitive again which will benefit the league as a whole.

Any questions at all, or if you have an opening and would like me, shoot me a PM please!
Last edited by Water Buffalo on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: Manager looking for a team to take over!

Postby Water Buffalo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 am

Still looking :)

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:54 am

I think Fx3 might be doing one more 2011 Startup Dynasty. JC was talking about drafting after the CBA though. So prolly 3-4 weeks give or take. Im an optimist......

Holler at JC (tidewaterjc on DLF), hes a cantankerous US Army Master Sergent.... and one of the best guys Ive met through FF. Hes a real Gem and so are the leagues he commishes.

If for some reason he dosnt do the startup, or if its a salary league(there was talk of it), Id like to bump your post, someone pick this guy up.
He also has a $25 dollar redraft filling as well!
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm pretty sure I found a league, thanks!